Alcohol

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Katie Murphy 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Katie Murphy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

I plan on travelling to the states in a few weeks to attend my friend’s wedding. If i drink alcohol while on my vacation will it be detrimental to my recovery? I am in week 3 of Phase 2.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

How long have you been on the diet?

Katie Murphy

I am in week 3 of the diet, and it will be another 2 weeks before i travel. I would not drink beer, maybe vodka or something even though i do know all alcohol eventually converts into Sugar but i will find it extremely difficult not being able to have a drink.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well, I think you may be confused about the phases of the diet:

stage 0: the cleanse
    stage 1: regular long diet
    stage 2: more foods in addition to stage 1

I would say that alcohol would be detrimental to anyone who is recovering from an immune system disorder. How bad would it be? I have no idea because I haven’t drank for 7 months. I am guessing that it’ll set you back a few days to a week or longer; it all depends on how well your liver works and how ill you are in general.

If you do decide to drink, potato vodka would be the best choice, I guess it’s easier on the body than other types of alcohol.

Good luck!

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Katie Murphy wrote: I plan on travelling to the states in a few weeks to attend my friend’s wedding. If i drink alcohol while on my vacation will it be detrimental to my recovery? I am in week 3 of Phase 2.

If you drink Vodka, nothing is going to happen regarding to feeding the fungus. Keep in mind that it will be more load to your liver. Avoid wine, beers, or any other liquors. As close as pure alcohol, better. Don’t abuse either.
    Jorge

Katie Murphy

Thank you, i have tried the potato vodka before and it was quite nice , i will have some with a little water and lemon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Alcohol’ is closed to new replies.