Aha! Hoping I've found it.

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Aha! Hoping I've found it.

This topic contains 35 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  JaneneBean 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

well, today is day 9.. had a hard time falling asleep last night and woke up late for work today. I got a terrible headache around 430 and it has continued to get worse. I have been eating some of the coconut oil for the last couple of days (maybe a tablespoon or so each day) so not sure if that has anything to do with it. I am going to start taking 3 molybdenums (150’s) a day to see if that helps (I think I remember Able saying up to 3 was ok?)

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

wishnhope wrote: well, today is day 9.. had a hard time falling asleep last night and woke up late for work today.

You might try taking 5-HTP or Ashwagandha to help. Both of these are natural supplements.

I am going to start taking 3 molybdenums (150’s) a day to see if that helps (I think I remember Able saying up to 3 was ok?)

No, what I said was up to three doses a day if you’re taking 250 mcg per dose. You’re only taking 150 mcg, so this means to receive 750 mcg you need to take five a day to prevent die-off when you’re eating something as powerful as coconut oil.
    There’s no wonder you have die-off since you’re taking only 150 mcg a day, that’s not even one dose. Jack that number up and get rid of that headache.

Able

wishnhope

Aha! Consider it jacked lol

Would love to see if I can manage without the 5htp and ashwagandha for another month (the last supplement order put a serious dent in my credit card) but will look into it when I order my SF722 in another few weeks.

Thanks, Able!

wishnhope

Day 10:

Just found out that Perrier and San Pellegrino fit under the same category as club soda.. I thought that since they were naturally carbonated it may be different (the water kefir videos all say that water kefir becomes carbonated?).

I’m not sure why that is though.. hmm..

Been doing well otherwise. Felt the headache coming on a few times today and just took another molybdenum and it seems to be helping. I have had 4 so far today (600 mcg) so I’m happy to have something besides advil to take.

Able900
    Spectator

wishnhope wrote: Day 10: Just found out that Perrier and San Pellegrino fit under the same category as club soda.. I thought that since they were naturally carbonated it may be different (the water kefir videos all say that water kefir becomes carbonated?). I’m not sure why that is though.. hmm..

The kefir doesn’t normally become nerly as carbonated if you leave the lid very lose during fermentation or if you cover it with something like cheesecloth.

Felt the headache coming on a few times today and just took another molybdenum and it seems to be helping. I have had 4 so far today (600 mcg) so I’m happy to have something besides advil to take.

Very glad to hear that the Molybdenum is working so well for you.

Able

rar
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

Hey wishnhope, great job you’re doing!

wishnhope

Thanks, rar!

Officially on day 11 today. Inexplicably bloated even though I ate the same food I’ve been eating for days. Stronger sugar cravings today than I have had in awhile (someone mentioned Cadbury mini eggs which are a personal weakness and it was all over!) but I didn’t cave. I just came home, had a baby pumpkin muffin and some brussel sprouts and then topped up on water.

wishnhope

Hmm.. new question of the day: B12 injections.. I have been injecting B12 every 3 weeks or so for the last few years because my levels were so low (doc said my body was not absorbing it from food).
    Can I continue these injections?

wishnhope

Day 12:
    So I realized today that my hunger is different. I remember reading that a few weeks ago and thinking “ya right, I get so hungry, there’s no way that will go away” but now I’m just hungry as in “I could eat” not like “If I don’t eat something in 2 minutes I’m going to pass out” followed by that intense pain in the top part of my stomach.

Yay for different hunger!

Able900
    Spectator

wishnhope wrote: Hmm.. new question of the day: B12 injections.. I have been injecting B12 every 3 weeks or so for the last few years because my levels were so low (doc said my body was not absorbing it from food). Can I continue these injections?

Don’t you think this depends on whether or not you’re still deficient in the vitamin? Have you had it tested lately?

I can tell you that it’s not uncommon for a Candida sufferer to exhibit one or more deficiencies in a B vitamin. But I can also tell you that, as your infestation improves, the deficiency should also. That is unless you have a hereditary tendency to be deficient in the B12 which would have nothing to do with the infestation’s influence.

Another thing is, as the flora in your intestines increase in population, the different B vitamins including B12 will also increase. This is because the flora are the main source of B vitamins, and the probiotic, prebiotics, kefir and yogurt increase the flora on a regular basis.

I would still have the B12 checked however for assurance; you don’t want to be deficient in it, but on the other hand, if you have too much of one B vitamin and not enough of another this would cause an imbalance of the proper ration, and this can lead to other heath issues which you certainly don’t need.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

wishnhope wrote: Day 12:
    So I realized today that my hunger is different. I remember reading that a few weeks ago and thinking “ya right, I get so hungry, there’s no way that will go away” but now I’m just hungry as in “I could eat” not like “If I don’t eat something in 2 minutes I’m going to pass out” followed by that intense pain in the top part of my stomach. Yay for different hunger!

This is a huge step, W, whether you see it or not. That shows that the Candida population is shrinking considerably. I believe this is one of the milestones in anyone’s treatment, and I’m glad you recognized it so quickly.

Isn’t it a little strange how such a seemingly small change can make such a difference in your general feeling and state of mind?

Congratulations on sticking with the protocol in order to reach this point.

Able

wishnhope

thanks for the reply, able 🙂
    I’m definitely feeling better overall although finding that my endurance isn’t what it was (I get winded and muscle-sore when I go up a flight of stairs?)
    not sure if more molybdenum would fix this, or if I need some more calories..

wishnhope

Today marks 2 weeks on the forum diet (yay me! lol)

Went out again last night to a friend’s where there were about 11 kinds of insanely good food (salmon, pork, homemade pies, sweet potato fries.. but all covered in blasted butter and/or balsamic and/ or cheese! grrr)
    I had my hard boiled egg, asparagus, and piece of coconut bread. It was worth it to not feel sick at all or sleepy or uncomfortable (well, in retrospect it was worth it!)

I got some digestive enzymes yesterday to have with my meals. Although I’m still taking the bitters, I was finding that I was getting bloated and gassy after lunch towards the end of the day. I’m ordering some zypan but in the mean time I thought I’d add in some enzymes.

I also grabbed some zinc. Are we supposed to have the chelated type of zinc? There were 2 kinds but i went for the chelated type.

Able900
    Spectator

wishnhope wrote: Went out again last night to a friend’s where there were about 11 kinds of insanely good food (salmon, pork, homemade pies, sweet potato fries.. but all covered in blasted butter and/or balsamic and/ or cheese! grrr)

A growl pretty much describes it –

I had my hard boiled egg, asparagus, and piece of coconut bread. It was worth it to not feel sick at all or sleepy or uncomfortable (well, in retrospect it was worth it!)

I know it’s difficult as you’re making the decision and trying to stick with it, but like you say, it’s worth it in the end – when you actually feel like you might live to see the next day.

I also grabbed some zinc. Are we supposed to have the chelated type of zinc?

It certainly shouldn’t hurt, may even be of more benefit when it comes to removing the toxins from the liver.

Good going, and excellent decision.
    Able

wishnhope

haha you’re right, Able.. it was like a little growl!

So today is day 16 for me. I went to the gym yesterday and walked/ran on the treadmill for about 20 minutes and just did some situps and pushups.. Woke up today feeling sort of weird. Just kind of weak. I’m still surprised by how tired I’m getting from simple tasks and find myself wanting to sit down a lot. I’ve lost about 7 or 8 pounds (which I had put on in the past 6-8 months) and a couple of inches off my waist since beginning a few weeks ago.

My eyes look sort of reddish today and have been teary. They don’t itch or hurt but people at work kept telling me that I looked red in the face and sick (lol.. thanks for your constant tact, work people!) I had a low grade fever going on.. I couldn’t fall asleep right away last night so i’m chalking it up to tiredness. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

I have been taking my molybdenum at noon for the past couple of days. I think I need to take 2 right when I wake up in the morning with a zinc so that I have some in my system. Going to try that tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Aha! Hoping I've found it.’ is closed to new replies.