Aha! Hoping I've found it.

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Aha! Hoping I've found it.

This topic contains 35 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  JaneneBean 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

Hello all,

This is my first post. I’m in the preparation stages of beginning Stage 1 (trying to have the last of the fruit and gluten free items I have been eating for the last few months).

I’ve read through this forum and am shocked that there seems to be something that explains what’s been going on for me.

– numerous food intolerances
    – INTENSE sugar cravings
    – serious sensitivity to smells
    – anxiety/depression
    – recurrent yeast infections
    – painful intercourse
    – hand and feet cramps
    – white tongue
    – dry mouth
    – extremely brittle nails and thin hair
    – thin and sensitive skin
    – very low pain tolerance (skin crawling feeling)
    – fatigue
    – pelvic pain
    – unexplained red scaly marks on my skin (pencil eraser sized)
    – white marks on toenails
    – constant runny nose and post nasal drip
    – recurrent stomach aches, nausea
    – bloating and gas

It never occurred to me that they could all be related. I have been prescribed medication after medication for stomach pains. Diflucan for the yeast infections, even placed on serious hormone blockers to help with my pelvic pain. I have been on estrogen patches, birth control pills/patches/shots, and anti-anxiety medication.

I had stopped believing that there was even a chance for me to live a life without all this stuff. I stare incredulously at friends when they would tell me that they do not experience any (or very few and very rarely) of these symptoms.

I have polycystic kidneys, ovaries, and liver and on blood pressure medication as a result of the kidneys. I am filled with hope that I may actually be able to have a normal life!

Looking forward to the journey..

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

wishnhope wrote: Hello all,

This is my first post. I’m in the preparation stages of beginning Stage 1 (trying to have the last of the fruit and gluten free items I have been eating for the last few months).

I’ve read through this forum and am shocked that there seems to be something that explains what’s been going on for me.

– numerous food intolerances
    – INTENSE sugar cravings
    – serious sensitivity to smells
    – anxiety/depression
    – recurrent yeast infections
    – painful intercourse
    – hand and feet cramps
    – white tongue
    – dry mouth
    – extremely brittle nails and thin hair
    – thin and sensitive skin
    – very low pain tolerance (skin crawling feeling)
    – fatigue
    – pelvic pain
    – unexplained red scaly marks on my skin (pencil eraser sized)
    – white marks on toenails
    – constant runny nose and post nasal drip
    – recurrent stomach aches, nausea
    – bloating and gas

It never occurred to me that they could all be related. I have been prescribed medication after medication for stomach pains. Diflucan for the yeast infections, even placed on serious hormone blockers to help with my pelvic pain. I have been on estrogen patches, birth control pills/patches/shots, and anti-anxiety medication.

I had stopped believing that there was even a chance for me to live a life without all this stuff. I stare incredulously at friends when they would tell me that they do not experience any (or very few and very rarely) of these symptoms.

I have polycystic kidneys, ovaries, and liver and on blood pressure medication as a result of the kidneys. I am filled with hope that I may actually be able to have a normal life!

Looking forward to the journey..

Hi welcome!
    I am happy you found a home here. Please tell us how you are doing when you are on your journey to health! Good luck!
    yours
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sounds like all of these symptoms are related to candida. If you follow the protocol and strict allowed foods list, you will be alleved from many of these symptoms within a few weeks or a month. It gets worse before it gets better, but it only takes time to get where you want to go…

-raster

wishnhope

thanks for the encouragement, guys.
    I’m currently in day 3 of the cleanse. It’s pretty awful 🙁 I threw up this morning after eating my eggs with spinach. I’m feeling weak, irritable, foggy.. already struggling. Hoping my molybdenum I ordered last week will arrive today 🙁
    If I keep struggling to keep food down I think I’m going to add in kefir and maybe some tuna (can I even eat tuna? I’m unsure).. something with a little more substance than just veg. I’m hesitating to take any more coconut oil because i don’t want to associate the taste of it with being so sick as that usually turns me off a food for good.

I was hoping to be able to accomplish 10 days of cleanse before starting, but I may have to just head straight into the phase 1 diet. sigh.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

To cut down on the die-off effect – which you definitely need to do since the toxins are dangerous to both your liver and kidneys – stop taking the coconut oil. You shouldn’t be taking it on the cleanse anyway as the cleanse alone is enough to produce severe die-off effects. Also, until the Molybdenum arrives, you should go ahead and add tuna to the diet to give you more strength considering how sick you’ve been. It’s actually taking a big chance in starting a strict cleanse before starting Molybdenum.

I was hoping to be able to accomplish 10 days of cleanse before starting, but I may have to just head straight into the phase 1 diet.

You should probably go ahead and move into the diet instead of the cleanse because of the severity of the toxic effect on your body. This is not helping anything at all.

Able

wishnhope

Ok, I will think about doing that, Able. My liver/kidneys aren’t amazing to start with so perhaps the cleanse was a little bit ambitious on my part.

If I do move right into phase 1, can I start having some coconut bread/oat bran right away? Or should I still wait the 2-3 weeks that is recommended in the protocol?

wishnhope

just made myself a smoothie with 3/4 cup kefir (4 grams of sugar in it) and 3 frozen raspberries with a half teaspoon of stevia… no point in denying it. I couldn’t take the dizziness.. feeling a bit better now. not sure if i’ve set myself back 2 days but I think I will try to keep it to 90% veggies and some protein with a little bit of kefir mixed in and maybe 1 or 2 pieces of recommended bread per day (coconut or tef).

I’m looking forward to the molybdenum. I teach elementary school and wasn’t anticipating quite how “flu-like” my flu-like symptoms would be.

Able900
    Spectator

wishnhope wrote: If I do move right into phase 1, can I start having some coconut bread/oat bran right away? Or should I still wait the 2-3 weeks that is recommended in the protocol?

You could go ahead and have those before you receive the Molybdenum. But if I were you, once you receive the Molybdenum I would forego those items for about two weeks during which time the diet can act as a mild cleansing diet which certainly can help your treatment.

Able

wishnhope

So I got the molybdenum.. Big difference from yesterday (which I spent throwing up and sleeping when I came home sick from work). I’ve started taking the swedish bitters which are actually horrible tasting. Hopefully I’ll get used to them.
    I’ve been eating about 4x more veggies than I normally do and have added in a little bit of tuna packed in water and continue to eat a couple of hard boiled eggs and avocados which have been helpful.

Looking forward to irritability going away and having some more energy.

Able900
    Spectator

wishnhope wrote: So I got the molybdenum.. Big difference from yesterday (which I spent throwing up and sleeping when I came home sick from work).

I’m glad to hear that.

I’ve started taking the swedish bitters which are actually horrible tasting. Hopefully I’ll get used to them.

Believe it or not, most people usually get used to the bad taste. Personally, I’d rather take the bitters all day long than to have to go back to taking coconut oil by the spoonful, nothing on earth could be as bad as that was as far as I’m concerned.

If you’ve not been told how to take the bitters, the info is below.

Dosage:
    Since the principle of digestive bitters is to stimulate the bitter receptors you only need to taste the bitterness of the herbs to start this process, therefore 1/2 of a dropper full on the back of the tongue after meals will be enough to do the job, regardless of what the label may say. No matter what you read from here on out, you will not need to purchase additional enzymes as long as you use Swedish Bitters. Remember that you’ll need to take them before or immediately following a meal – followed by plenty of water throughout the day which is needed because of the flushing action of the bitters.

If you think it’ll make you feel better about taking the ‘nasty’ bitters, read what happens in your body every time you take the bitters.

• The stimulation of the flow of natural digestive juices from the exocrine glands of the mouth, stomach, pancreas, duodenum, and liver aid in good digestion as well as helping a range of conditions caused by inefficient or allergy-distorted digestion.

• The flow of digestive juices triggers a stimulation of appetite. This is helpful in convalescence as well as in cases of appetite reduction and weight loss.

• A range of liver activities is stimulated, including increased bile production and the release of bile from the gallbladder – all of this improves the health of both the liver and gallbladder.

• Bitter remedies can trigger subtle psychological effects, even acting as mild antidepressants. For example, bitters can help lift the spirits in cases of post-viral-infection depression.

• They help the central reflex to stimulate peristalsis, an action that moves wastes through the intestines through a series of muscular contractions.

• Bitter also stimulate the intestinal wall’s self-repair mechanisms which is needed with IBS as well as Leaky Gut Syndrome which often happens with Candia infestations.

Looking forward to irritability going away and having some more energy.

That should happen within the next several days, hopefully.

Able

wishnhope

thanks Able.. it does actually make it seem a little easier to think of all the good that it’s doing! And I agree with you about the coconut oil by the spoonful thing!

wishnhope

well, officially finishing day 6 of a (modified) cleanse. It’s more the strict diet I think as I have added in tuna packed in water occasionally as well as kefir in the mornings (sooooo good!).

I’ve gotten used to the bitters after meals already so that has been really positive. Proud of myself for finding new ways of making different types of veg and you tube is my new best friend for figuring out how I’m supposed to cut and eat them.

So far, aside from the rocky Tuesday that I had, I’ve been feeling ok. A little irritable and had a panic attack last night after an argument with a family member (sigh.. it’s been awhile since I last had one of those) but I was able to bring myself back into control within about 20 minutes which was good.

Bloating has definitely gone down. Craving for sweets, breads, and lots of other foods definitely present but holding firm. I’m really missing my white wine and also gin martinis! sigh…

Hoping my energy levels steady off soon so that I can go to the gym and do some (light) working out!

Able900
    Spectator

well, officially finishing day 6 of a (modified) cleanse.

So today makes a week, congratulations! Seriously, milestones are important to recognize in this battle, even what appears to be a small one.

A little irritable and had a panic attack last night after an argument with a family member (sigh.. it’s been awhile since I last had one of those) but I was able to bring myself back into control within about 20 minutes which was good.

Great that you can control those yourself; not an easy task to learn for most people.
    Sorry in case I’m repeating myself to you, but if you’ve never heard of an herb called Ashwagandha, it’s worth looking into as a mood stabilizer, for low energy, and sleeplessness in general which can lead to depression.

Bloating has definitely gone down. Craving for sweets, breads, and lots of other foods definitely present but holding firm.

Just give the cravings a little more time, that really should already be lessening in intensity.

I’m really missing my white wine and also gin martinis! sigh…

Well that generated a bit of a chuckle as I remembered the good old days. And yep,
    I bet you are.

Be careful out there.
    Able

wishnhope

Thanks for the encouragement, Able! I’m still on a very small dose of anxiety medication (cipralex) which I found helps me to manage my anxiety for the most part. I’m verrrrry slowly lowering my dose from 1 pill to a half, to a quarter, to a quarter every 2 days etc. It would be great to be off of that medication! (on a side note, I’ve also stopped taking birth control pills so my liver is going to have a bit of a break!)

I had my first night out yesterday with a girlfriend and was surprised about how much fun I had! I had club soda (is this ok to drink? hope so!) with a couple of slices of lemon while she drank her beer and gin and tonics.

I had tonnes of energy (from adding some vitamins in to my schedule yesterday? maybe from the piece of coconut bread I decided to try out?) and I was in a great mood. It’s funny that I noticed a difference because usually when I go have a few drinks I start to feel a bit sick (bloated, uncomfortable feeling, skin goes red) but this time I had none of that.

Yay for day 8 starting today!

From last Sunday I have lost 1.5 inches from my waist and weight has gone down 6.8 pounds. Pretty sweet side effect! (but going to make sure to stay on the coconut bread a couple of times of day as well as the rest of my veggies and kefir and eggs and add in a tiny bit of organic chicken)

has anyone every breaded their organic chicken with the crumbs left in the pan from the coconut bread? It seems a shame to toss them so I have them in a little bag. I think I’m going to give it a go!

🙂

-wnh

Able900
    Spectator

Thanks for the encouragement, Able! I’m still on a very small dose of anxiety medication (cipralex) which I found helps me to manage my anxiety for the most part. I’m verrrrry slowly lowering my dose from 1 pill to a half, to a quarter, to a quarter every 2 days etc. It would be great to be off of that medication!

You might try both the Ashwagandha and 5 HTP to help you to get completely off the anxiety medication.

I had my first night out yesterday with a girlfriend and was surprised about how much fun I had! I had club soda (is this ok to drink? hope so!

Carbonated drinks add to the amount of toxins, but once a week shouldn’t have that much of an effect.

I had tons of energy (from adding some vitamins in to my schedule yesterday? maybe from the piece of coconut bread I decided to try out?

Maybe a combination of both.

has anyone every breaded their organic chicken with the crumbs left in the pan from the coconut bread?

No, but sounds like a great idea to me. You may want to post your results as a ‘recipe’ in the recipe section if it works out well.

Thanks, Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Aha! Hoping I've found it.’ is closed to new replies.