After the detox, questions about reintroducing foods for the candida diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions After the detox, questions about reintroducing foods for the candida diet

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  tmi 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tmi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 34

So I have survived the 7 day detox! Hurrah. A little amazed I could even do it. While on the detox my major symptom (vaginal itching) went away. However I did eat a few almonds and sunflower seeds the past couple days and I noticed some slight itching… directly related? I am thinking that might be the case. I was on the regular candida diet for about 10 months before restarting with the detox. While I was eating pretty well on the diet before I think something was still leading to these occasional yeast infections. Here are the foods I removed this week for the detox:

-brown rice
    -almonds (I was eating a TON of almond butter while on the diet)
    -tomatoes
    -store bought kefir
    -store bought organic greek yogurt
    -quinoa
    -buckwheat
    -meat (chicken and beef)

I am most suspicious of the brown rice, almonds, and dairy products. I don’t think buckwheat or quinoa are causing issues but maybe that is just because I feel I will DIE without them (not to be dramatic or anything). I just need SOME carbs.

Any suggestions on what to reintroduce first? And how many days should I wait before reintroducing the next? My only real symptom has been vaginal itching.. So if I reintroduce something and notice I am slightly itchier than before it means I’m sensitive to that food? Or is it just that symptoms like that will come and go a bit while on this diet until I am healed? Itchiness is so confusing as a symptom because it can also mean die off… If my symptom was a stomach ache it would seem much more obvious.

tmi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 34

Anyone?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘After the detox, questions about reintroducing foods for the candida diet’ is closed to new replies.