After doing research, here's my plan of attack on candida. Any suggested changes to this?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions After doing research, here's my plan of attack on candida. Any suggested changes to this?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nodoctor 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #120208

    bjh22
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 14

    A naturopathic Dr. recently diagnosed me with high levels of candida (blood test) and leaky gut. After doing a ton of research I wanted to share my planned regime to see if anyone with experience would suggest changing/adding/removing anything. Here’s my plan:

    – Strict candida diet
    – L-Glutamine 5g/day to heal leaky gut
    – 2 weeks of Fluconazole (Difllucan) 100mg/day (max I could get prescribed)
    – 1 month of Nystatin swish and swallow powder 400K units/day (max I could get prescribed)
    – Interfase Plus to break up any supposed biofilms
    – Lactoferrin (Apolactoferrin) taken several hours apart from probiotics
    – Prebiotics/Probiotics 30 billion+
    – Bacillus Laterosporus (BOD strain) (supposedly targets yeast)
    – Psyllium Seed Husks (taken at night)

    I plan on rotating the following:
    – SF722
    – Caprylic Acid
    – Pau d’Arco
    – Grapefruit Seed Extract
    – Olive Leaf Oil
    – Oil of Oregano
    – Coconut Oil

    Other supplements I take:
    – Men’s multi vitamin
    – Vitamins A, C and D
    – Cod Liver Oil
    – Krill Oil
    – Chromium (blood test showed my levels were low)
    – Tumeric

    Would anyone with experience suggest any changes to this regime?

    I was also diagnosed with low iron levels so I was taking an iron supplement until I read that iron, magnesium, and calcium could contribute to biofilms. Is it okay if my multi has a small amount of calcium (110 mg 11% daily value)?

    Thanks!

    #120209

    Kornygirl78
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

    Hi bjh22,

    First, I’m new here, so I’d like to introduce myself. πŸ™‚

    I just figured out I have candida a few weeks ago, so I’m not a pro, but that seems like a very long list of items!! Has your naturopath doctor had candida him/herself? My friend has a nutritionist/lawyer friend, who was pre-med, but then decided to go the natural route instead…for good reason! πŸ˜‰ She wrote a book on how she cured herself of candida. The took 3 different products. 1) Threelac probiotic, 2) NOW Foods Candida Support and 3) Primal Defense. And of course cutting out all sugars, fruits, etc., or things that could carry mold, like certain nuts.

    I don’t know how bad your candida is, but mine has been growing for years now before I finally have had enough! I am currently taking multi-vitamins, vitamin C, Vitamin B Complex, Omega 3 Fish Oils, NOW Foods Candida Support, Threelac (ordered, haven’t received in mail yet), and Primal Defense. I cut out all sugars about 2 weeks ago, and it is going well now that the sugar cravings are gone. (Apple cider vinegar is to thank for that!)

    I saw your question regarding magnesium and calcium. I read somewhere that it was recommended to take calcium citrate and magnesium with candida. Do you find that the more research you do online for candida, the more confused you get? So many conflicting opinions!!!

    Anyway, I am curious. How long have you had your symptoms? Where did you find your doctor?

    Nice to meet you!

    #120210

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    First of all, you don’t need to rotate antifungals, and this is why:

    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4662_Rotating-Antifungals–Why-we-SHOULDNT-do-it.aspx

    SF722 and coconut oil do not need to be rotated and can be taken safely everyday long term because candida will not adapt to it.

    You might not need the multi-vitamin with all of the other supplements…

    You also do not have a detox plan at all. This is a very important part of any plan and it shows you haven’t done enough research:

    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

    Here is my general warning about doing an anti-candida plan:

    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst8180_Doing-too-much-too-fast.aspx

    This is a long term battle not a short one, so don’t overdo the antifungals.

    As far as probiotics, I recommend the only human derived probiotic on the market in the US, and its called HMF neuro. Your body will recognize human derived probiotics better than cow derived ones and will assimilate it better in the body.

    -raster

    #120217

    nodoctor
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 11

    bjh22 – what symptoms are you having? A wise doctor once said, “I treat symptoms, not lab results”. Taking pharmaceutical anti-fungals with no symptoms makes no sense. Taking them with symptoms is also questionable in my opinion.

    If you took a GI (stool sample) test, the lab would tell you your actual candida levels, the strain, and also what it’s vulnerable to. For example, mine is resistant to garlic, but vulnerable to cat’s claw, black walnut shells, Capriocylic acid, and Berberine–all of which I take.

    Hope this helps!

    #120219

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    Kornygirl78;58730 wrote: Hi bjh22,

    First, I’m new here, so I’d like to introduce myself. πŸ™‚

    I just figured out I have candida a few weeks ago, so I’m not a pro, but that seems like a very long list of items!! Has your naturopath doctor had candida him/herself? My friend has a nutritionist/lawyer friend, who was pre-med, but then decided to go the natural route instead…for good reason! πŸ˜‰ She wrote a book on how she cured herself of candida. The took 3 different products. 1) Threelac probiotic, 2) NOW Foods Candida Support and 3) Primal Defense. And of course cutting out all sugars, fruits, etc., or things that could carry mold, like certain nuts.

    I don’t know how bad your candida is, but mine has been growing for years now before I finally have had enough! I am currently taking multi-vitamins, vitamin C, Vitamin B Complex, Omega 3 Fish Oils, NOW Foods Candida Support, Threelac (ordered, haven’t received in mail yet), and Primal Defense. I cut out all sugars about 2 weeks ago, and it is going well now that the sugar cravings are gone. (Apple cider vinegar is to thank for that!)

    I saw your question regarding magnesium and calcium. I read somewhere that it was recommended to take calcium citrate and magnesium with candida. Do you find that the more research you do online for candida, the more confused you get? So many conflicting opinions!!!

    Anyway, I am curious. How long have you had your symptoms? Where did you find your doctor?

    Nice to meet you!

    I do not recommend threelac because its less than 1 billion cfu probiotic and only contains 3 strains. It is best to get these strains from stronger probiotics seperately in larger doses…

    #120245

    bjh22
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 14

    Kornygirl78;58730 wrote: Hi bjh22,

    First, I’m new here, so I’d like to introduce myself. πŸ™‚

    I just figured out I have candida a few weeks ago, so I’m not a pro, but that seems like a very long list of items!! Has your naturopath doctor had candida him/herself? My friend has a nutritionist/lawyer friend, who was pre-med, but then decided to go the natural route instead…for good reason! πŸ˜‰ She wrote a book on how she cured herself of candida. The took 3 different products. 1) Threelac probiotic, 2) NOW Foods Candida Support and 3) Primal Defense. And of course cutting out all sugars, fruits, etc., or things that could carry mold, like certain nuts.

    I don’t know how bad your candida is, but mine has been growing for years now before I finally have had enough! I am currently taking multi-vitamins, vitamin C, Vitamin B Complex, Omega 3 Fish Oils, NOW Foods Candida Support, Threelac (ordered, haven’t received in mail yet), and Primal Defense. I cut out all sugars about 2 weeks ago, and it is going well now that the sugar cravings are gone. (Apple cider vinegar is to thank for that!)

    I saw your question regarding magnesium and calcium. I read somewhere that it was recommended to take calcium citrate and magnesium with candida. Do you find that the more research you do online for candida, the more confused you get? So many conflicting opinions!!!

    Anyway, I am curious. How long have you had your symptoms? Where did you find your doctor?

    Nice to meet you!

    Hi Kornygirl78,

    I’m not sure if my naturopath had candida herself. I found her on naturopathic dot org. I’ve had my symptoms for about ten years now. There’s certainly a lot of conflicting info out there so I think what it comes down to is trying things out to find what works for you.

    #120246

    bjh22
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 14

    raster;58731 wrote: First of all, you don’t need to rotate antifungals, and this is why:

    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4662_Rotating-Antifungals–Why-we-SHOULDNT-do-it.aspx

    SF722 and coconut oil do not need to be rotated and can be taken safely everyday long term because candida will not adapt to it.

    You might not need the multi-vitamin with all of the other supplements…

    You also do not have a detox plan at all. This is a very important part of any plan and it shows you haven’t done enough research:

    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

    Here is my general warning about doing an anti-candida plan:

    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst8180_Doing-too-much-too-fast.aspx

    This is a long term battle not a short one, so don’t overdo the antifungals.

    As far as probiotics, I recommend the only human derived probiotic on the market in the US, and its called HMF neuro. Your body will recognize human derived probiotics better than cow derived ones and will assimilate it better in the body.

    -raster

    Thanks raster. I guess the reason I was planning on rotating the anti-fungals is b/c I have so many that I didn’t think it would be good to take all of them simultaneously. The info in the link does make sense though.

    In regards to detoxing, I’m currently taking vitamin C and psyllium to help flush things out. I plan on taking milk thistle once I’m done with the diflucan (I read you’re not supposed to take them at the same time). I have heard good things about sweating toxins out, particularly with the use of infrared saunas.

    #120247

    bjh22
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 14

    nodoctor;58738 wrote: bjh22 – what symptoms are you having? A wise doctor once said, “I treat symptoms, not lab results”. Taking pharmaceutical anti-fungals with no symptoms makes no sense. Taking them with symptoms is also questionable in my opinion.

    If you took a GI (stool sample) test, the lab would tell you your actual candida levels, the strain, and also what it’s vulnerable to. For example, mine is resistant to garlic, but vulnerable to cat’s claw, black walnut shells, Capriocylic acid, and Berberine–all of which I take.

    Hope this helps!

    Hi nodoctor,

    I’ve had a lot of sinus issues (post nasal drip) for the last 10 years. I saw countless specialists over the years w/o any success. They all prescribed antibiotics and steroids. My other symptoms are fatigue, low energy, white tongue, bloating, skin issues (acne & keratosis pilaris) and brain fog. I’m not a fan of taking pharmaceuticals but I read that they are needed in some of these cases to knock things out.

    I had a blood test that showed high levels of candida. I also did a stool test and that just showed elevated levels of Secretory IgA (sIgA).

    #120248

    nodoctor
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 11

    Those sound pretty representative, and not fun. Sorry to hear it.

    How high were the levels of candida in the blood test. Did your stool sample not show your candida level? Have you considered Colloidal (like argentyn) silver, biocidin, etc.? Has any sensitivity work been done on your yeast?

    Again–not an expert, but one of my understandings about most pharmaceuticals is that the life cycle of the yeast includes phases where it is less susceptible, so a 8-10 week regiment is pretty important.

    #120250

    bjh22
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 14

    nodoctor;58769 wrote: Those sound pretty representative, and not fun. Sorry to hear it.

    How high were the levels of candida in the blood test. Did your stool sample not show your candida level? Have you considered Colloidal (like argentyn) silver, biocidin, etc.? Has any sensitivity work been done on your yeast?

    Again–not an expert, but one of my understandings about most pharmaceuticals is that the life cycle of the yeast includes phases where it is less susceptible, so a 8-10 week regiment is pretty important.

    On a reference interval of 0-9 the candida antibodies IgA came in at 19. I don’t think the stool sample showed any candida and I don’t think any sensitivity work was done on the yeast.

    I’ve read a little about colloidal silver. One downside I read was that it kills a lot of good bacteria.

    The maximum prescriptions I could get was 2 weeks of diflucan (100 mg/day) and 1 month of nystatin swish and swallow. I figured I would kick-start things with those and then focus on taking natural anti-fungals.

    #120257

    nodoctor
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 11

    Just my 2 cents, but I’m guessing Silver kills a tiny tiny fraction of what those pharmaceuticals kill. Either one requires replacement pro-biotics. So my understanding is that yeast comes back way quicker than beneficial bacteria which means 2-6 weeks of treatment could leave you with a bunch of yeast positioned to bounceback, and no beneficial bacteria around to hinder the yeast’s triumphant return.

    #120314

    DMT
    Member
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 17

    Strict candida diet does more harm than good.

    I find once I sorted my imbalances out I could eat stuff like potatoes and carrots, start starving yourself of carbs and you’ll suffer like fuck.

    The aim is not to kill the Candida outright, the aim is to kill enough to get them back down to normal levels and you can do that without starving yourself of nutrition.

    Believe me, strict candida diet fucked me right up. What did sort me out was a candida diet which cut out sugars but kept things like carrots and potatoes in my diet which give me carbs and enough natural sugars to keep me feeling well and not nearly dead like I was on a strict candida diet.

    #120315

    nodoctor
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 11

    This isn’t the forum for F words. You may have this confused with the Candida profanity forum.

    A strict candida diet includes lots of carbs, in the form of slow carb vegetables, spaghetti squash, etc. Everyone is different–some people get a great reduction in candida overgrowth with just a small adjustment in diet, others require huge discipline to get any substantial results.

    If you truly cut out all carbs, which would include vegetables, then probably that was what exacerbated your symptoms. Hope this helps.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘After doing research, here's my plan of attack on candida. Any suggested changes to this?’ is closed to new replies.