advice re oregano oil supplement needed

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions advice re oregano oil supplement needed

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  VIV 1 year ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

VIV
    Participant
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 30

I am on my second round of anti fungals and can’t cope with the die off symptoms from 50 mg oregano oil taken three times per day with meals. I stopped taking them yesterday, and felt a bit better, but after taking one capsule today, am feeling dreadful, is this normal?

doublek
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 46

This sounds normal to me, die off symptoms are really bad whenever you first take something new. The really bad symptoms usually last from anywhere form 3 days to a week. I’ve used oregano oil for periods of time too, but you can’t take it long-term. No matter which anti-fungals you choose, you are going to feel worse before you feel better, there really is no way around it. If you feel the dose is more than you can tolerate, then cut it down and gradually increase it as you start to feel better.

VIV
    Participant

doublek thank you very much for replying.

I stopped taking the oregano oil, 2 days ago, but still feel dreadful, so do you think i should just resume taking it and put up with the symptoms, or wait a few days to a week and only start taking it again when I am feeling a lot better?

doublek
    Participant

I’m not an expert on this, just speaking from my own experience, but I would definitely start taking it again or perhaps a different anit-fungal instead (coconut oil is great too). You not going to get better by not doing anything. Like I said, you will not feel better without feeling worse first.

doublek
    Participant

Forgot to mention it may help you feel a little better if you take something to support your liver. Milk thistle and molybdenum may help.

VIV
    Participant

thank you again, but i am on the diet so I have never stopped eating coconut oil, rutabaga, onions etc. This all started on the 19th JUNE, just after I started taking milk thistle, for which I think I have an intolerance /allergy, I will let you know tomorrow ….

VIV
    Participant

Well I definitely had a reaction to the milk thistle, so now I am back to my normal level of feeling crap… (not sleeping well, anxious and irritable, itchy sore eyes, etc.etc.)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘advice re oregano oil supplement needed’ is closed to new replies.