Advice please, I´m new to this

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Advice please, I´m new to this

This topic contains 25 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

No – you live in BAHRAIN!!!! The other “K” lives in the UK. lol!!!

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

Haha yup that’s me! I live in Bahrain..But I am from the UK so close enough :).

I’ve enjoyed chatting with you too! Your advice has been invaluable so far :). I am finding it all a bit tough to soak in and finding the right ingredients is tough here. Like this morning I just realised the stevia I bought has maltodextrin and ‘natural flavours’ in which can’t be good. I looked at all the other stevia products (I say all I mean one) – which also had something else in it. Argh!

Coconut flour is something I can’t seem to find either which is a shame. Anyway enough of that haha.

I think I’m making stuff up about fruit to myself because I miss it so much!! Anyway so it goes… I planned to stay on the first stage for 3 weeks but I’m a week and a half through and feel terrible still so I’m thinking it’ll be a while longer than that!! I like all the advice about listening to my body.

Oh and the pharmaceutical question was just about medicine in general which aren’t antibiotics. I see you took antibiotics anyway so I’m guessing staying on this medicine is the best call whether its good or not. I definitely can’t live with the dizziness and I guess I need to make sure its not candida related as I know dizziness is a major symptom but you never know!

But thanks again for all the advice 🙂

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

Oh and I don’t recall you saying anything about me carrying a baby so no worries there 🙂

Hope

Oh, good 🙂

Yeah, I took the antibiotics, but mostly because I’m pregnant and messing around with a serious UTI while pregnant is apparently a BIG no-no. I do wish, though, that I had had the time/knowledge to try an alternative treatment. I’m armed now with an herbal treatment plan to present to my doc just in case another UTI flares up – which is pretty common once you’ve had one already in a pregnancy. I felt like, given all the factors, the infection was a bigger threat at that point than the candida. I could deal with candida after getting rid of the infection. Trying to deal with the candida first and then the infection just wasn’t going to work.

I’m sorry you can’t find the foods you’d like 🙁 You can definitely still do the diet without alternative ingredients, though! Just continue to think “whole foods” 🙂 Honestly, the desire for sweets and baked goods has really gone down for me. The longer you stick with it, the less the desire for forbidden foods/tastes is an issue. At least, that seems to be what’s happening with me.

maggie
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

WOW Able, you seem to know so much it´s such a lot to take in. Ít´s been a couple of weeks now since I started stage 1 of the diet and I feel that the bloating, gas, indigestion symptoms seem to be a lot better thankfully. What I am now feeling though is jittery – it´s a bit difficult to explain really other than I feel as if all of the inside of my body is on edge if you know what I mean. Has anyone else had this – is this another die off symptom or what? It´s been so long I think I´ve forgotten what feeling normal is like but yesterday seemed to be a good day for me, I did not feel too bad at all apart from this jittery feeling. Today, I just feel really tired – along with the jitters as I´m calling it. I think I just need some re-assurance that i´m still on the right track.

Hope

I think you are! Many individuals with candida have that feeling that they’re about to jump out of their skin or that their insides feel like a tightly coled spring about to pop. It’s a common candida symptom! So, it does sound like you’re going through another episode of die-off, which is good! It’s moving forward in the right direction as it’s an indication that yeast is dying 🙂 Good work! Try drinking plenty of pure (not tap) water in the next few days, if you aren’t already. The general recommendation is to drink half your body weight in ounces of water. So, if you weigh 160 lbs, you’d try to drink 80 ounces of water per day. Water can *really* help a ton with alleviating the negative feelings of die-off by helping the body get rids of the by-product toxins more quickly 🙂

GOOD WORK!!!!!! YAY for you!

maggie
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

Thanks for the reply Hope. Its good to know i´m heading in the right direction. Today has gradually got worse symptoms wise, as well as the jitters and feeling really tired as the day has gone on i´ve had really bad nausea and everywhere really aches and this evening the bloatedness is back – I thought I was doing so well 🙁 I have remembered though that yesterday I fell of the wagon so to speak, I had a seafood salad that had a lot of mayonnaise in it – could this have anything to do with the symptoms. I have cut out everything that has mayonnaise in it and have not had any dairy since I started the diet. Regarding your advice about drinking water, I do drink gallons of the stuff, I´ve never had so much water in my life as what I do now. Reading some of the posts on here I´m thinking that I will have good days and bad days, hopeefully more good ones than bad ones so I hope you don´t mind if I come on here to have a good moan when I do have a bad day 🙂 It´s so good to be able to come on here and get advice from all you, thank you.

Hope

Oh, well, yeah. The mayo has vinegar in it, and vinegar (except for raw apple cider vinegar for some people) is definitely going to cause a flare up. There’s often sugar in mayo, too. Sounds like you gave your yeast a little buffet, unfortunately :/ But, getting right back on track is still the best thing to help you out now! Just do your best to not make those little slip-ups, they can make your Stage 1 time longer – and who wants that?! 🙂

Good for you, drinking so much water! I know that’s really helping out.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Katy Gillett wrote: So Able, I can’t find oregano oil in Bahrain and I cannot stomach raw garlic (I will vomit) so are there any other natural antifungals that you can recommend? I bought some extra virgin coconut oil yesterday and I got Aloe Vera capsules. I also have garlic capsules at home. Do these fall into the ‘wasting your money’ category or am I on the right track?

Hello, Katy. So sorry it’s taken me two days to get back to the forum.

I can’t blame you for not being able to tolerate the raw garlic. Can you eat it if it’s cooked in yur food? If so, eat as much as you can that way. In addition, since you’re not ingesting the raw garlic, continue to take the garlic pills. The next time you purchase the pills, read the lable and be sure that it says “Allicin” or perhaps “Allicin Rich” on the lable. This is the ingredient that you want because it’s the weapon that kills the Candida. One good brand is something called Allirich, Amazon carries this brand.

The oil of oregano is the best antifungal, but if you can’t get it, you just cant. Are you able to order it from online? If you can’t, I would definitely stay with the garlic pills, at least one after each meal and also the coconut oil.

The extra virgin coconut oil is great, slowly work your way up to 14-16 tablespoons a day if you can manage that (yes, I know that’s a lot of oil to swallow).

I know that list I wrote was an awful lot to take in at once, but I didn’t expect you to do that. You can make a copy of the list, and work down it slowly until you have it set in your mind as far as what you’re doing.

If I was asked to pick out just one item from the list I made, it would have to be taking probiotics as well as feeding the flora (community of bacteria) that it’s creating. The plain organic Greek yogurt as well as kefir will do a good job of this. Plus, eat all the green, fiber-rich vegetables you want to eat. These will help to feed the flora also which in turn will aid your body in ridding itself of the Candida infestation.

Good luck, Able

Able900
    Spectator

Hope wrote: well, yeah. The mayo has vinegar in it…
    Sounds like you gave your yeast a little buffet

LOL.. Hope, a very creative way of putting it. =)

Able900
    Spectator

maggie wrote: WOW Able, you seem to know so much it´s such a lot to take in. Ít´s been a couple of weeks now since I started stage 1 of the diet and I feel that the bloating, gas, indigestion symptoms seem to be a lot better thankfully. What I am now feeling though is jittery – it´s a bit difficult to explain really other than I feel as if all of the inside of my body is on edge if you know what I mean. Has anyone else had this – is this another die off symptom or what? It´s been so long I think I´ve forgotten what feeling normal is like but yesterday seemed to be a good day for me, I did not feel too bad at all apart from this jittery feeling. Today, I just feel really tired – along with the jitters as I´m calling it. I think I just need some re-assurance that i´m still on the right track.

Hello, Maggie.

Nervousness and anxiety seem to be unfortunate by-products of a Candida infestation. There are a few things that can help until you’re deeper into ridding your body of the Candida. One is an herb called Passion Flower – which contains natural nerve tonic properties.

Another is Valerian Root; some people find this fairly strong, so don’t let it put you to sleep unless you’re ready for bed.

A lot of people become depressed when suffering with Candida. If this happens, try something called 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) and St. John’s wort. Some call it a myth, but I’ve seen 5HTP used more than once to regulate serotonin levels in the brain and thus aid mood and sleep.

Good luck to you, Able

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Advice please, I´m new to this’ is closed to new replies.