Advice Please

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Advice Please

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  teenies 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

teenies
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 16

After years of suffering, I’ve recently discovered I have Candida and Leaky Gut. After doing a lot of research, I’ve narrowed down my supplements I might start taking to these:
    1. Candidate, Native Remedies
    2. Candida Clear, Now Foods
    3. Dida Clear, Vitacost
    4. Bio-K Plus

My Leaky Gut has made me very sensitive to so many things including alcohol, amines, eggs,FODMAPs…etc. I’m wondering if these supplements have had any side effects with other people? I saw that someone posted they had a bad reaction to the ethanol on Candidate.
    I’ve read so many conflicting information online so I’d love to hear what other sufferers are taking to treat these illnesses.
    Thanks!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I’ll address your concerns below.

1. Candidate, Native Remedies: This is great for the die-off symptoms, but it would help if you also add Molybdenum to this in order to protect the liver from the die-off toxins. Because of the ethanol, if you want to take the Molybdenum and leave the Candidate alone, that’ll be fine as most people only take the Molybdenum.

2. Candida Clear, Now Foods: I’ve looked at two types of Candida Clear, the single capsules and the combination of two capsules, one containing enzymes. To be honest I wouldn’t waste my money on either product for several reasons. For example, in the single capsule dosage the oregano oil should be liquid and not capsules. The Caprylic acid amount isn’t near enough, and neither is the biotin amount. A decent dosage of Caprylic acid in treating Candida should be around 3600 mg per day in divided doses taken with meals, and you would be better off buying pure organic coconut oil as a Caprylic acid source. The biotin dosage should be closer to 6 mg instead of 2. Magnesium is also in the capsules, and you shouldn’t take magnesium without calcium as they depend on each other.
    As far as the combined capsules are concerned, they’re even worse. This form contains cellulase and hemicellulase enzymes, both of which break down certain enzymes in vegetables. The by-product of vegetable enzymes being broken down and combined with cellulase and hemicellulase is a type of sugar which feeds the Candida.

3. Dida Clear, Vitacost: You don’t need to waste your money on this either as you’ll be receiving the Caprylic acid in the coconut oil, garlic in a raw form as well as individual capsule, biotin and calcium in their own supplement form in the correct amounts; that is, if you follow our protocol.
    If you read the on the forum that the members follow then you will know exactly what works for them and not have to second guess yourself.

4. Bio-K Plus: You’ll basically be wasting your money with this as it contains only two strains of bacteria, look for one with at least 10 strains or more, plus you’ll need the DDS-1 bacteria so this should be on the label.

The posts that you need to read are:

Proper and Safe Cleanse:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

The Protocol: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Allowed Foods:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx

Let us know if you have questions.
    Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I second what able is suggesting and get some different vitamins.

The only plus about candida clear is that it is cheap, but if you want to get healthier faster, then I’d go with something else.

Getting a good probiotic is the single most important thing you need for your recovery.

I would consider getting some SF722 undecenoic acid by thorne research in the future, grape bitters (for leaky gut), and possibly digestive enzymes (such as pro-gest). Curing the leaky gut is going to be the first and most important step in your recovery other than the diet.

There are a variety of supplements you can take to cure the leaky gut such as digestive enzymes, cinnamon pearls, glutamine, inulin (miracle fiber). Foods high in FOS such as artichokes and oat bran can help cure leaky gut as well.

You will also want to address the bodies inflammation of the organs by taking a supplement such as cod liver oil or eating foods such as fish, broccoli, etc.

-Raster

teenies

Able & Raster, thank you for your reply. I’m so glad I received your answers before I bought those products.
    I’ll be sure to read all the links provided. This is the most helpful information I’ve received in the past 2 years!
    To summarize,the regime should be:
    1. Molybdenum
    2. A good probiotic: Any recommendations? I’ve taken quiet a few and have had little luck.
    3. Caprylic acid (coconut oil)
    4. Oregano Oil

THANKS!

raster
    Participant

I’ve taken renewlife, mega flora, and HMF neuro…these all are pretty good but all are different.

The megaflora contains DDS-1 which is a human derived strain which has been shown to specifically fight against candida very well.

The HMF neuro contains human micro flora which attaches better to the intestinal wall than any other probiotic.

The renewlife is a good standard common one that is OK.

There are others but consider one with DDS-1. Get some SF722 in a month or so if you wish.

I’d consider some specific supplements for leaky gut.

-Raster

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

raster wrote:
    I would consider getting some SF722 undecenoic acid by thorne research in the future, grape bitters (for leaky gut), and possibly digestive enzymes (such as pro-gest). Curing the leaky gut is going to be the first and most important step in your recovery other than the diet.
    -Raster

May I just confirm that swedish bitters and grape bitters are the same thing.

raster
    Participant

Yes they are james!

Able900
    Spectator

teenies wrote: To summarize,the regime should be:
    1. Molybdenum
    2. A good probiotic: Any recommendations? I’ve taken quiet a few and have had little luck.
    3. Caprylic acid (coconut oil)
    4. Oregano Oil

Yes, the regimen sounds good. A good probiotic to start with is:

Innate Response – Flora 20-14 Ultra Strength
    100% Whole Food Probiotic 60 Vcaps (with DDS-1)

Or you can get the MegaFlora that Raster suggested. As long as you chose a probiotic with at least 14 strains and one that contains DDS-1 it’s probably going to be fine as a starter.

Be sure to take the probiotic on an empty stomach.

As far as the Grape and Swedish bitters are concerned, just be sure you get one without alcohol.

Concerning the probiotic, Caprylic acid, and oregano oil; you don’t want to start all of these the same week as this would cause too many dangerous toxins in your body at one time because of the dying Candida. Start one, then wait at least ten days to start another one and so on.

Able

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Able,

Is this the probiotic you are suggesting? Amazon doesn’t say anything about the DDS-1. I wanted to go ahead and locate my next probiotic for when the time comes that I need to re order them.

http://www.amazon.com/Innate-Response-Flora-Clinical-Strength/dp/B004HGI9QK/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325766196&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Thank you!

Kirsty

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Kirsty.

Yes, that’s correct; if the label reads, “Innate Flora 50-14™ Clinical Strength” then it contains the following strains which consist of a total of 50 billion active cells:

Lactobacillus acidophilus
    Lactobacillus salivarius
    Lactobacillus plantarum
    Bifidobacterium bifidum
    Bifidobacterium infantis (B. lactis)
    Lactobacillus lactis
    Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1
    Streptococcus thermophilus
    Bifidobacterium longum
    Lactobacillus brevis
    Lactobacillus reuteri
    Lactobacillus bulgaricus
    Lactobacillus casei
    Lactobacillus rhamnosus

Hopefully, if you have to order these, you will be able to request that they are packed with an ice pack.

Able

teenies

Able900 wrote: Yes, the regimen sounds good. A good probiotic to start with is:

Innate Response – Flora 20-14 Ultra Strength
    100% Whole Food Probiotic 60 Vcaps (with DDS-1)

Or you can get the MegaFlora that Raster suggested. As long as you chose a probiotic with at least 14 strains and one that contains DDS-1 it’s probably going to be fine as a starter.

Able

The probiotics I’m currently taking have the following, I guess it’s not very effective if it doesn’t contain DDS-1 and it only has 10 strains.
    Total active live probiotic cells: 11 billion
    L. rhamnosus B: 4.4 billion
    L. rhamnosus A: 3.905 billion
    L. acidophilus ssp. helveticus: 550 million
    L. plantarum: 440 million
    L. casei: 440 million
    B. longum: 330 million
    B. infantis: 330 million
    B. breve: 330 million
    S. thermophilus: 220 million
    L. bulgaricus:55 million
    Plus Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS) Inulin: 10 mg
    Arabino-oligosaccharides (AOS): 10 mg

teenies

raster wrote: Curing the leaky gut is going to be the first and most important step in your recovery other than the diet.

-Raster

My ND actually told me that I should address my Candida first before the Leaky Gut will go away since it was the Candida that caused Leaky Gut.

I’m interested to know if I’ve been doing it backwards and why Leaky Gut needs to be treated first?

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Advice Please’ is closed to new replies.