Advice Please???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Advice Please???

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lola
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi there..

I’m new on here and just stumbled upon the website this evening. I’ve spent ages trawling through the diet suggestions and thought maybe some of you could help me. Maybe I should tell a little about my symptoms…

For over a year I’ve had recurring vaginal thrush. I’ve been to the doctor almost constantly and put on numerous doses of canestan pessaries, cream, oral tablets, acidophilus etc with no joy. I often have very few symptoms (no discharge, no itch). Other symptoms I’m experiencing are pain during intercourse, abdominal pain, fatigue, constipation, itchy skin. I’ve had a smear test and I’ve been to a gynaecologist recently and I’m on yet another course of treatment for the thrush. While I’m hoping this will work, I want to know WHY I keep getting this, which is how i found this site. I read on another nutrition site that candida / thrush can be caused by diet, which I had assumed and asked my doctor about on numerous occasions, but of course he was no help!

Should I do the cleanse and 3-step plan? Or do you think I should just adjust my diet? I’m really tired of this and frustrated and its a strain on my relationship, even though my partner is really understanding. I’m only 22 and want to be able to just live normally!!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Lola,

I recommend visiting a naturopathic doctor that will get you on a new plan of recovery and will prescribe you the correct supplements/vitamins/treatments.

I also recommend that you try the candida cleanse diet to see whether anything improves. It really sounds like you have candida, and you should try to spit test in the morning to see whether you have it. It can never be fully diagnosed by western medicine and western medicine just gives you drugs without treating the root cause of the problem.

Homiopathic medicine and alternative treatments are really aimed at healing your body through natural methods and it’ll help you recover many times faster than going on a path of discovery (such as the candida diet and learning about it on your own).

Hope this helps…all of your symptoms sound pretty normal for candida.

Lola

Hi Raster, thanks for your response.

I guess I am slow to do that because it can be so expensive and I’ve already spent a fortune on doctors and medicines.

What is spit test?

If it is Candida, is this going to be an ongoing thing for me forever? 🙁

raster
    Participant

Here’s a link the candida spit test:

http://www.candida-albicans-cure.com/candida-test.html

I am unsure whether the other information on this website is good or not…but the spit test part is pretty accurate I believe. Do it in the morning before drinking/eating.

As far as diet: Yes it is very expensive, I will agree. Some of the people on the forum have done it cheaper than others, but in general the supplements, healthy foods are costly. Its really draining my bank account, but not forever!

To completely get over candida, it can take as long as 6-18 months depending on how bad of a case you have. I don’t really believe the 2-week thing (on the main part of the website)and that must for a super weak case of it that you’ve had for like 1-2 weeks only. The longer you leave it untreated, the harder it will become to fully recover quickly.

I am on week 15 of the diet, and its done me really well. I hope you can get over it as well…if you really do have it! It takes patience, dedication, time, energy, and persistence.

I think its worth the cost to get over it because you can’t put a price on your health and enjoyment in life…

Lola

Thanks, I will try this and let you know how it goes.

Is the die-off really bad? I’m worried as I’m starting in to my final year of college and can’t afford to be really sick. Also, I train very physically at the gym (boxing) and i’m afraid of not having enough nutrition.

raster
    Participant

The die-off is pretty bad; its like having mono, strep throat or equivelant. You just feel real sluggish and crummy for the first 1-2 months typically. Not much energy to do normal things in life. Maybe save the diet for after college; but it will help you not feel so foggy, tired, sluggish after the die-off ends. You’ve had the symptoms for a long time (like a year, right?)…I couldn’t imagine having those symptoms for such a long time.

Considering how much better you feel and all of the benefits…you’ll notice a change immediately and the worst of the die off takes 1-2 weeks. Mine took 3-6 weeks until I noticed a big boost.

A naturopathic doctor can help guide you one your way so that it’ll take a lot less time to recover. Starting the diet usually is shaky at best, but after you pin down what to do, it works really well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Advice Please???’ is closed to new replies.