Advice please?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Advice please?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  benc 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

First of all, thank you to everyone who has replied to my posts & given me advice already. I apologise in advance if I go over stuff already answered.

My situation in brief: I work as a personal trainer, have a 2 year old (who I look after in between morning & pm sessions, until my wife gets back from work).
    I’ve had recurring labyrinthitis like symptoms 4 times in the last 15 months, which takes a minimum of 3 weeks for me to get back on my feet. Leading up to the attacks i’ve always had stress, diet with more sugar & alcohol than normal & in 2 cases stomach cramps. Doctors have not helped me over my lifetime, giving me too many antibiotics for minor things like chest infections claiming my asthma is the reason I had to take them.

I’ve been eating very close to a paleo diet for the past 3-4 years, using sugars/starches only post training or once per week as a treat in general & fruit from berries once a day. I used to drink between 2-4 cups of strong coffee per day (& miss it so much).

Anyway, i’ve been using garlic, pau d’arco tea, coconut oil, goldenseal, & echinacea for the past 3-4 weeks, along with a diet consisting of:

-Organics meats (beef, buffalo, venison, duck, lamb, sometimes chicken – although I suspect its a problem food for me), organic eggs, fish (wild caught salmon & haddock).

-Nuts, Seeds & good fats: brazil, macadamias, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, ground flaxseed, flaxseed oil, avocado, olives, extra virgin organic coconut oil, extra virgin organic olive oil.

-Veg: Salad, cauliflower, spinach, swiss chard, red cabbage, kale, bok choy, peppers (all colours), aubergine, courgette, onion, garlic.

-Powders: wheatgrass, barleygrass, spirilina, chlorella, unflavoured pea protein, unflavoured brown rice protein isolates (very rarely), unflavoured whey protein isolates (very rarely)

-Herbs & Spices: Cinnamon, fenugreek, turmeric, sea salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, cumin & paprika (which I read can be problematic y’day), chicory coffee, liquid stevia (from Now)

I cut back on eating nuts & seeds but found I was always hungry & would go to the toilet less, so re-introduced them (although sometimes they cause wind). I would only take one powdered drink per day, to keep my energy levels up when working with clients for long hours in a row.

I’ve experienced die off, with the worst visual symptoms being rashes & eczema flare up that meant I couldn’t use my hands for a week, not even to cut up food. I feel so tired for most of the day & if I sleep in the day it doesn’t really refresh me.

I’ve been doing epsom salt baths 5-6 days per week, making sure its hot enough to leave me sweating like a sauna

If I had the energy I would do the cleanse, but I think it would finish me off, and I have to try to hold together my business whilst looking after a 2 year old in the afternoon.

What I would really like to be sure of, is if I am on the right track. I can except its going to take a while, but want to be sure that i’m not doing anything to prolong it?

Thanks if you’ve spent the time to read & reply to this, as i’m sure you have all experienced its hard to be sure you are getting it right as you feel so much worse when you start to tackle it.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I can except its going to take a while, but want to be sure that i’m not doing anything to prolong it?

That depends on who you talk to on the forum as well as which diet you’re following. If you’re following the diet on the website, then it’s probably “ok.” But if you’re following the “strict” diet, then there are problems with your regimen. For example, wheatgrass powder has a negative effect on your treatment.

There’s also a specific protocol on the forum, have you seen it?

So which diet are you following?

Able

benc

tbh, I mixture of the diets i’ve researched all over the internet. I’ve used this website as the main starting point & added the powders + blended green veg & good fats for convenience, when I don’t have much/any time to sit down & chew food.

I always rotate protein, veg & fat sources, usually over 3-4 days.

& i’ve started on the molybdenum y’day. I also take 3-4g of vitc per day, 5000ie of vit d3, a multi vit, 3 x b complex, CoQ10, rhodiola, wobenzym, a low dose of HCL, probiotics x 3 per day. 10g of glutamine powder per day too.

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

If your not having success with the diet you are using hen I highly suggest you give able and raster a email and try thier protocol. It’s a strict serious diet but will starve and attack candida better than what your currently doing. If you take the time to read through it fully and adhere to it then I believe you will be successful.

benc

Yes i’ve seen it, but I can’t eat that many eggs or chicken, partly down to the facts that I used to eat them everyday for years & have had to take 3 month breaks from them to address intolerances. I’m currently off chicken, broccoli, & almonds, & I rotate eggs over 3-4 day period.

I’m waiting on some test results for food allergies (& my candida blood test results), so will find out more then.

Without a relatively high protein, & fat diet I find i’m even more tired than usual. So I eat organic buffalo, organic grass fed beef, venison, lamb, & duck. Currently the antifungals I am taking daily are garlic, coconut oil, pau d’arco, & goldenseal.

I eat some sweed y’day & other than a rapid fairly aggressive passing of stool I felt as normal.

I’ve been on the diet for a month & will change my herbal antifungal formula in a fortnight when I have another appointment with my herbalist.

My reason for posting was to find out if there is anything in there that really shouldn’t be?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

benc wrote: My reason for posting was to find out if there is anything in there that really shouldn’t be?

Wheatgrass powder.

And if you can’t find a way to lower your daily animal protein intake, organic or not and including buffalo meat, it’s going to be rather difficult to come to a complete cure.

Able

benc

Able900 wrote:

My reason for posting was to find out if there is anything in there that really shouldn’t be?

Wheatgrass powder.

And if you can’t find a way to lower your daily animal protein intake, organic or not and including buffalo meat, it’s going to be rather difficult to come to a complete cure.

Able

Thank you, I really appreciate you advise.

I’ve already cut the wheatgrass, I assume the other greens are ok?

What is the problem with high animal protein?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advice please?’ is closed to new replies.