Advice on supplements and Acidophilus

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Advice on supplements and Acidophilus

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

monita
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

Hi everyone,

I was just looking for a bit of advice about supplements etc.

I had been following the diet well for about a month and a half then fell off the wagon for about 4 days. So now I have been strictly back on the diet for a week and a half. Other than the general diet I have lemon water every morning, Swede (rutabagas) almost every day mashed with coconut oil, I add garlic to all hot food I have, I eat coconut bread everyday with a liberal coating of coconut oil and take a high strength vitamin c capsule every day. Alongside this I take 150mcg of molybdenum twice a day, digestive grape bitters after my main meal and an advanced probiotic with 22 billion bacteria including Lactobacillus acidophilus (I have about a week’s worth of capsules left).

I know that coconut oil is a source of caprylic acid but I thought that taking a supplement of this would be helpful. I bought one the other day and it is apparently Acidophilus with Caprylic acid and garlic powder. I know that all of these things are beneficial on the diet but I was wondering if I should wait to take them until I have finished my course of probiotics as they both contain acidophilus?Or does that matter?

I also bought odourless garic capsules and thought that I should probably leave taking these until at least two weeks after I have begun the caprylic acid. I remember Able saying before to space things like this apart by a few weeks. Is that right?

I also saw that Able had mentioned taking probiotics of much higher count than this. Is it OK to mix a few different brands of probiotics to get a higher variety of strains and a larger count of bacteria?

Sorry for all the questions guys but I can’t seem to find specific answers to these questions so far.

Many thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It is OK taking multiple different types of probiotic as long as you keep up taking a high count. I would consider SF722 undeceonic acid to kill of the candida further.

Tell us about your diet and maybe we can alter this some.

Sounds like you are doing alright.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Monita;

Generally, mixing lower counts of probiotics works well, but not for an extended length of time as you can be obtaining much more of one type than you are the others. You would have to study the labels to see this imbalance, but as I said, for a month or so would be fine.

When you purchase your next probiotic, try to find one that contains Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 instead of just regular Lactobacillus acidophilus. This is much more beneficial in the Candida treatment specifically. MegaFlora made by MegaFoods is one brand that contains this.

Able

monita

Thanks guys.

I’ll go on the hunt for the megafoods brand one that you suggest then. Would it still be ok to to take that with the Caprylic acid/acidophilus and garlic powder capsules then?

Thanks Raster too. I’ll look up the undeceonic acid as well.

monita

Sorry. Also, I am assuming that I can take the Megaflora, Caprylic acid (with acidophilus) and the undeceonic acid all at the same time. Would that be right?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t worry about taking too much probiotic. It sounds fine taking it all at the same time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Advice on supplements and Acidophilus’ is closed to new replies.