Advice on how to keep functioning while on the diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Advice on how to keep functioning while on the diet

This topic contains 22 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  shuhu 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Hal123
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 47

Hi All,

I joined a week or two ago, and I’m kind of all over the place at the moment. One minute I feel ok, and generally happy, and the next I’m completely overwhelmed. It’s different to how it used to be before I started the diet, then I just wanted to cry all the time and felt miserable. Now I don’t feel unhappy, but do feel completely unable to cope.

I can’t concentrate at all anymore, I’ve had brain fog for years to some degree or another, but now I forget things after 2 seconds, spend half an hour just staring at a wall, and can’t concentrate enough to do my job unless someone is talking directly to me. It’s never been this bad before.

I’m better when I’m home and there is no requirement on me to perform, but even there I can’t motivate myself to do any tidying, and sometimes it’s too much effort to even read a book. I find myself distracted by the slightest little thing, and I feel “stoned” all the time. I lose whole hours just staring at things.

I’ve been doing a candida diet for the last month or so, though before this I was already doing macrobiotics so really I’ve been on a highly restricted diet since Christmas.

I didn’t do the detox before starting the diet, because I’d already been through the macrobiotics detox, and experienced die off then. I started the diet and didn’t have any die off symptoms at all, but just felt loads better, all of my skin problems and bloating disappeared, and I had tons more energy.

I started taking these supplements from biocare a month ago:

Bio-Acidophilus
    Eradicidin Forte – Garlic, oregano, cinnamon and clove
    Biocidin Forte – Grapefruit oil
    ColonGuard – garlic, caprylic acid, biotin

And my brain fog has got worse and worse since then. I stopped taking them two days ago in the hope that it would slow down what I assume is my toxicity level due to candida die off, and it just got tons and tons worse. I’ve been late for work every day this week, and want to cry when I think about the amount of work I need to concentrate on but can’t. It kind of feels like I’m getting M.E. again. It’s scary.

I’m thinking that this is probably from the candida die off, and my body can’t clear out the toxins fast enough. I’ve ordered molybdenum amino acid chelate as advised on other posts to cope with this, but other than the Moly, I don’t really know what to do.

Someone is going to notice soon if they haven’t already that I can’t function at work, which will have implications both for my career and my income, and I’m sick of being spaced out and overwhelmed all the time. I can’t stop the supplements because this just makes the symptoms worse, so I feel like I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Any advice welcome.

Hal123

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hi Hal123,

Everything you wrote I’ve been through and more than that. I completely understand how you feel. I would stare at an empty screen for hours at work not being able to do anything. Also, people would speak to me and I would take quite few minutes to even react and acknowledge them to be present let alone speaking. I would not get any jokes, smiling, crying or any emotions were just not there for a while. Luckily, my bosses and colleagues are so understanding and since I had some serious symptoms and ended up in hospital twice, I guess they were concerned enough to just want me to be better and didn’t really worry about my productivity.

For me at home was just as bad because I also have two small kids waiting for me there expecting me to be the mom I used to be and this was so stressful. I could not laugh at their new tricks and silly statements, I was basically a zombie, “stoned” kind of sums it up.

You will be like that for a while. You might also have days when you feel great and then you feel like crap after. Then it will stabilize and those changes will be less extreme.

Molybdenum should help. In the mean time try anything else you can to detox (check out index of posts, it should have tons of info here on how to detox. There are quite few teas which help detox the liver and kidneys. I find nettle leaf tea to help as well as long hot showers, or if you can spare time (which I never could) go for a hot bath. Extra vitamin C on your worse days also should help, just be careful not to take more than 1000mg and space your doses at least an hour apart. Walking also helps, if I couldn’t get out of the house, I would just walk wall to wall.

It all depends on the severity of your infestation and none of us really know how bad it is until starting the treatment. It could be a while until you feel better. For me it took three months to stabilize. It is important to not fall off the wagon as every time you do you set yourself back and grow more candida which then you must kill sooner or later.

Best of luck to you and I hope this will pass soon!

Arijana

Hal123

orka1998 wrote: Hi Hal123,

Everything you wrote I’ve been through and more than that. I completely understand how you feel. I would stare at an empty screen for hours at work not being able to do anything. Also, people would speak to me and I would take quite few minutes to even react and acknowledge them to be present let alone speaking. I would not get any jokes, smiling, crying or any emotions were just not there for a while. Luckily, my bosses and colleagues are so understanding and since I had some serious symptoms and ended up in hospital twice, I guess they were concerned enough to just want me to be better and didn’t really worry about my productivity.

Thanks so much for replying Arijana, it’s good to know I’m not alone, and that gives me more belief that I can fix this problem because it seems like it genuinely is a product of candida. I think my work colleagues just think I’m a hyporchondriac, they tease me that if I take any more sick days they’ll have to call in HR. They don’t really understand, and the culture here is that if you show any weakness or inability to deliver, they will work round you instead of with you and your career ends up dead in the water.

For me at home was just as bad because I also have two small kids waiting for me there expecting me to be the mom I used to be and this was so stressful. I could not laugh at their new tricks and silly statements, I was basically a zombie, “stoned” kind of sums it up.

That must have been awful. Fortunately I don’t yet have children so it’s only my partner that suffers. He thinks I’m always playing with my phone and would rather go online or watch TV than talk to him. I’m actuially just staring at what is in front of me, but I don’t think he realises.

You will be like that for a while. You might also have days when you feel great and then you feel like crap after. Then it will stabilize and those changes will be less extreme.

Yeah, I am finding that. My family keeps telling me that i’ve got a bug, but i know it’s the detox. I felt fine this weekend, but am a zombie this morning. Fortunately my Moly turned up this weekend so I’ve started taking that.

Molybdenum should help. In the mean time try anything else you can to detox (check out index of posts, it should have tons of info here on how to detox. There are quite few teas which help detox the liver and kidneys. I find nettle leaf tea to help as well as long hot showers, or if you can spare time (which I never could) go for a hot bath. Extra vitamin C on your worse days also should help, just be careful not to take more than 1000mg and space your doses at least an hour apart. Walking also helps, if I couldn’t get out of the house, I would just walk wall to wall.

I tried swishing, but that stopped working after a while. Thank you for the suggestions, I always do feel better after hot showers and much much better after walking! that’s a bit of a revelation. Thank you.

It all depends on the severity of your infestation and none of us really know how bad it is until starting the treatment. It could be a while until you feel better. For me it took three months to stabilize. It is important to not fall off the wagon as every time you do you set yourself back and grow more candida which then you must kill sooner or later.

I suspect it’s quite severe. I have a leaky gut and have been sick for over 15 years, so I’ll be amazed if it isn’t a reasonalby severe case. I’m staying on the wagon though, trying to eat a balanced diet even with the restrictions, and now I have my Moly, I can go on Able’s more restrictive diet.

Best of luck to you and I hope this will pass soon!

Thanks again Arijana! You’re a life saver.

orka1998
    Participant

No need to thank me. I am trying to help someone else the way people on this forum helped me when I started. I was confused, desperate, just feeling so ill and not sure what to do and if this is the right thing to do or not. Luckily I “spoke” to the people here on the forum and they confirmed that what I was going through was normal and they have gone through it in one way or another.

Going through this often makes you isolated and feeling so alone as most people around you can’t seem to understand it. I am teased all the time, I was also often told to go to the priest as I must be possessed or something etc. That gave them quite a laughter and I laughed with them when I was not to ill to do so. Most of the time I get that “it’s all in your head” attitude anyway.

Oh well, I am better now and did it all by myself (meaning without the help of the people who teased and joked)!

Share your feelings, fears and thoughts here and you will get a comfort by the people who do understand what you are going through.

As for the job, I am fortunate that my bosses put up with me although I can tell that they don’t really expect much of me. It’s quite obvious I cannot preform the way I did in the past, long hours are out of the question, I am barely putting in the required hours.

Once again, good luck and take care!

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Hal123,

The symptoms typically get worse before they get better and everything orka has suggested is great for dealing with die-off. I had die-off pretty rough for the first 2-6 weeks and then it slowly reduced to almost nothing after 4 months or so on my protocol. After that time period, I had brain fog occasionally, but it mostly went away. Now I don’t get it at all really.

Hope this helps! You will feel much better in time.

-raster

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

You seem to have a really bad case of candida over-growth but you did the right thing by actually doing something about it. I know it might seem like a daunting task but you can do this. The die-off period will be over sooner or later so just stick to it.

boganmobile
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 30

raster wrote: Hello Hal123,

The symptoms typically get worse before they get better and everything orka has suggested is great for dealing with die-off. I had die-off pretty rough for the first 2-6 weeks and then it slowly reduced to almost nothing after 4 months or so on my protocol.

-raster

Hey do you think it is reasonable to assume that people will be functional say 12 weeks after they begin treatment? I’m 5 weeks in and need to plan my life…

orka1998
    Participant

boganmobile wrote:
    Hey do you think it is reasonable to assume that people will be functional say 12 weeks after they begin treatment? I’m 5 weeks in and need to plan my life…

I don’t think anyone can answer this for you as it depends on how severe your infestation is and your approach to the treatment, your environmental risks, cheats… This is something you can’t plan for. The only thing you can plan is to do this until you are healed. Realizing this will remove some of the frustrations and stress which are not good for your progress.

Best of luck to you!

Arijana

boganmobile
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 30

Thanks. Good advice.

Hal123

orka1998 wrote: No need to thank me. I am trying to help someone else the way people on this forum helped me when I started. I was confused, desperate, just feeling so ill and not sure what to do and if this is the right thing to do or not. Luckily I “spoke” to the people here on the forum and they confirmed that what I was going through was normal and they have gone through it in one way or another.

Going through this often makes you isolated and feeling so alone as most people around you can’t seem to understand it. I am teased all the time, I was also often told to go to the priest as I must be possessed or something etc. That gave them quite a laughter and I laughed with them when I was not to ill to do so. Most of the time I get that “it’s all in your head” attitude anyway.

Oh well, I am better now and did it all by myself (meaning without the help of the people who teased and joked)!

Share your feelings, fears and thoughts here and you will get a comfort by the people who do understand what you are going through.

As for the job, I am fortunate that my bosses put up with me although I can tell that they don’t really expect much of me. It’s quite obvious I cannot preform the way I did in the past, long hours are out of the question, I am barely putting in the required hours.

Once again, good luck and take care!

Arijana

There are loads of people on this forum, but you are the first who has taken the time to reply, so the thanks are deserved. 🙂 There are so many people on here that need support that it must be a full time job responding to them all, so really thank you to everyone who takes the time to reply to anyone!

So how long have you had candida? What improvements have you seen? You say your boss doesn’t expect much of you now, does that mean you’re still suffering from brain fog after all this time?

I started writing this 2 days ago, but minimised it on my desktop and then forgot all about it. I guess my brain fog isn’t exactly clearing! I’ve been taking the Moly for 4 days now, and although I’m still foggy, I eventually remember things in flashes, and i also feel much less overwhelmed. It does seem to be bloating me though. Is that normal? I don’t think I’ve added anything else to my diet except that…

Also, my acne is getting worse again and I have no idea why. It’s like I’m slipping back to how things were before, but am still on a restrictive diet.

It does make a real difference knowing I’m not the only one going through this, and that there is an end to it all eventually, but it’s a long slog and it’s not going to be easy.

Thanks

Hal123

Hal123

raster wrote: Hello Hal123,

The symptoms typically get worse before they get better and everything orka has suggested is great for dealing with die-off. I had die-off pretty rough for the first 2-6 weeks and then it slowly reduced to almost nothing after 4 months or so on my protocol. After that time period, I had brain fog occasionally, but it mostly went away. Now I don’t get it at all really.

Hope this helps! You will feel much better in time.

-raster

Thanks Raster.

Did you have brain fog before you started the protocol? I have a very vivid memory of it descending when I was 15 when I first got ill with M.E.

I remember feeling hopeless in the knowledge that I would soon forget I ever used to be able to function properly, and feeling the thoughts just slip away from me. It obviously got much better as I got better from the M.E, but I’m not sure it ever fully lifted. I had forgotten that memory until now.

I hope I do feel better eventually. I’ve been fighting this invisible illness for so long now, chasing from one fad cure to the next, that I have no idea what it would be like to be normal again.

Hal123

Pattinoo
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 50

Hi Hal, I identify a lot with your story. I think I’ve had this thing possibly up to 20 years or more so I’ve definitely got a severe case. I started the protocol cleanse on about Feb 27th and 2 weeks later went on Able/Raster’s protocol. So, I guess I’ve been in Phase 1 for about 6 weeks. Still brain fog but functional at a pretty stressful job despite it so the severity has lessened a great deal. I still have some trouble with multitasking but do much better shifting from task to task and with focus. Ringing in my ears has reduced significantly to occurring occasionally. This deal seems to be 2 steps forward one step back so please be patient with yourself. It can be confusing and frustrating and the forum has heard some of my venting posts and people have been really supportive and have answered many of my questions. Rainy and/or hormone changing days still are generally not the best, I get a ‘clammy, want to crawl out of my skin’ feeling that I will do almost anything to distract myself from focusing on. I use molybednum, Vit C and milk thistle and think the combination of the 3 helped me get through die off in the beginning and continues to do so when I increase my antifungal/probiotic. I got a great deal of the ‘all in your head’ stuff with symptoms and also explored Lyme Disease but poeple who don’t live in constant discomfort to significant pain all the time don’t necessarily understand this. My skin conditions have changed in severity throughout this. They seem to worsen when I take another step to fight this thing and them ease off a little after a bit of time. I had the same thing with my sig other, thinking I’d rather focus on facebook or phone apps than give him attention, when it just helped distract me from my discomfort or I too was zoning out…In my experience it will get better, hang in there.

orka1998
    Participant

Hal123 wrote:
    There are loads of people on this forum, but you are the first who has taken the time to reply, so the thanks are deserved. 🙂 There are so many people on here that need support that it must be a full time job responding to them all, so really thank you to everyone who takes the time to reply to anyone!

So how long have you had candida? What improvements have you seen? You say your boss doesn’t expect much of you now, does that mean you’re still suffering from brain fog after all this time?

I started writing this 2 days ago, but minimised it on my desktop and then forgot all about it. I guess my brain fog isn’t exactly clearing! I’ve been taking the Moly for 4 days now, and although I’m still foggy, I eventually remember things in flashes, and i also feel much less overwhelmed. It does seem to be bloating me though. Is that normal? I don’t think I’ve added anything else to my diet except that…

Also, my acne is getting worse again and I have no idea why. It’s like I’m slipping back to how things were before, but am still on a restrictive diet.

It does make a real difference knowing I’m not the only one going through this, and that there is an end to it all eventually, but it’s a long slog and it’s not going to be easy.

Thanks

Hal123

I think I have had candida overgrowth most of my life, probably over 20 years. I had chronic yeast infections when I was 15 and was not even sexually active at that time. I am turning 40 in June. I had severe kidney infections when I was 15 and got a lot of antibiotics for that. After that, I had persistent yeast infection, constipation, forgetfulness and some other symptoms for which I just thought were normal for me. Then when I was 19 and war broke out here, I remember suddenly being able to remember phone numbers, car plates etc. It was really interesting. Well, because of the limited food supply, we did not eat all the unhealthy stuff and were returned to “cave days” in terms of survival so now thinking back, probably that was the cause for my sudden excellent brain function. I do remember being sick initially without a visible illness and moody etc. and I wonder if that was die-off. Who knows…

At the end of war I left Bosnia and moved to US. Being almost starved during war, we hit all the bad stuff for food source. I remember that soon I didn’t feel so well. I started college on top of full time job and could not make it as I was constantly sick. So I changed my diet wanting to be healthy and be able to put in 16 hour days. I ate healthy cereal (non sweet whole grain) for breakfast and that was only thing besides starchy vegetables that I ate which is not allowed. I also was making my own kefir and drank at least a large cup of that daily. I ate mostly salads and non-processed food. I ate very little to no bread (I am not big on it anyway). This gave me best years of my life. I was better in my thirties than twenties. But finally getting out of university I wanted kids and could not have them (read that this could also be connected to candida) and had to have endometriosis removed as well as take hormone therapy for close to 6 months. I am not sorry I did it as I have two wonderful girls now, but this is probably a start to my candida overgrowth escalating the way it did last year. Then during pregnancy naturally my immune system was lowered so the babies can survive. During pregnancy I had one severe UTI and after giving birth two breast infections so I got antibiotics for that. I moved back to Bosnia when girls were 3 months old. Then I gave my all to kids, work (working until 3 or 4am was a regular practice for me), anyone else but me, ate whatever I could get my hands on and as my fatigue was getting worse I drank more coffee and ate more sweets (never had a sweet tooth lucky me) to be able to keep going (totally wrong approach I know that now).

So last summer I started getting really tired all the time and went to the doctor, they checked everything and found nothing. I got a lot of “you have two small kids, raising them alone, you should be tired” and similar. Then after my vacation in July, which was very stressful with both kids very sick with high fever and me “caught a stomach bug” (come to think of it candida was probably already at play) I was never the same after that. My health was getting worse and worse and I was getting new symptoms every day. I could not catch my breath on a simple task, I had hart palpitations, awful cough got worse (had it most of my life but doctors said that it’s just like that, mucus goes into my lungs so I must cough that out), I got vertigo, then my digestion problems progressed into diarrhea which stayed with me little less than 4 months, soon I could not eat anything and had to make myself eat, and finally on top of some other minor symptoms that I don’t care to list now I got anxiety which got me into the hospital for the first time. They checked my heart and internal organs, bloodwork, everything, and found nothing. But I kept getting worse, soon I had no strength to do anything and it was such a task taking care of the kids. I am going from specialist to specialist this whole time and they found some minor issues but not a single cause to my mysterious illness. In the mean time I got lymph node infection and got antibiotic again for that. Got even worse, started having blue nails and lack of breath or oxygen even while sitting and doing nothing. Went to the pulmologyst and she thought I had bronchitis and gave me antibiotics AGAIN! Two days after starting that tour of antibiotics I was sicker than ever before. Had flue like symptoms as well, but no flu.

Finally last November I ended up at the infectologyst because of this diarrhea that all of the other specialist ignored and he ordered stool samples. One showed 25% candida. So I looked it up online and thank God found this site. I started the diet right after, web site’s version first then switched over to the strict diet followed by almost everyone here on the forum and got better, then worse, then better, then awful, and then slowly better and better. My diarrhea stopped days after starting the diet, then my skin problems were gone, then my dizziness went away, then heart palpitations (still get them for short periods if I am having die-off), then vag thrush got better, then… I even found out that my big toenail problem was actually fungus as I see a healthy nail growing out! Last GP I checked this with back in US said that this was because of the nail polish!!!

I am still weak, not as strong as I would want to be, I still react to some food sometimes, my neurological issues including anxiety are almost gone so it’s easier dealing with what’s left of the symptoms and this diet.

So here is my story, you see we all have one. I must be strong, and I must get better, if not for myself (even tough I should), then for my girls. They just turned 3 and they do need their mommy. Since last summer I was unable to be the mom they are used to, the one that went out for walks with them daily, that played and had fun and always smiled (I am that kind of person and it took time for this illness to knock a smile off my face). Finally since last month we are laughing, playing (not as actively as before but you can play and laugh sitting down as well hahaha), and having fun again. Oh how I missed my children!

I am far from healed, and I still have bad days more than I would like. My brain fog is better but still there. I can do my work but not work any overtime like I used to. I see that they are not giving me the same amount of work as they used to. I did get promoted several months back and am a manager now but I have to remind my people to keep sending me stuff via email and I keep searching email for answers such as “where is so and so” because they pop in and tell me they are going to lunch but I will be looking for them in about half an hour hahahaha. I was worse though, I was so bad that I would dress kids wrong and forget more important things. Now at least I don’t forget what’s really important, but small stuff still evaporates as if it was never there.

Again, wishing you best of luck and strength to beat this and get healthy again.

Arijana

Hal123

Pattinoo wrote: Hi Hal, I identify a lot with your story. I think I’ve had this thing possibly up to 20 years or more so I’ve definitely got a severe case. I started the protocol cleanse on about Feb 27th and 2 weeks later went on Able/Raster’s protocol. So, I guess I’ve been in Phase 1 for about 6 weeks. Still brain fog but functional at a pretty stressful job despite it so the severity has lessened a great deal. I still have some trouble with multitasking but do much better shifting from task to task and with focus. Ringing in my ears has reduced significantly to occurring occasionally. This deal seems to be 2 steps forward one step back so please be patient with yourself. It can be confusing and frustrating and the forum has heard some of my venting posts and people have been really supportive and have answered many of my questions. Rainy and/or hormone changing days still are generally not the best, I get a ‘clammy, want to crawl out of my skin’ feeling that I will do almost anything to distract myself from focusing on. I use molybednum, Vit C and milk thistle and think the combination of the 3 helped me get through die off in the beginning and continues to do so when I increase my antifungal/probiotic. I got a great deal of the ‘all in your head’ stuff with symptoms and also explored Lyme Disease but poeple who don’t live in constant discomfort to significant pain all the time don’t necessarily understand this. My skin conditions have changed in severity throughout this. They seem to worsen when I take another step to fight this thing and them ease off a little after a bit of time. I had the same thing with my sig other, thinking I’d rather focus on facebook or phone apps than give him attention, when it just helped distract me from my discomfort or I too was zoning out…In my experience it will get better, hang in there.

Hi Pattinoo,

Thank you for the reply, and I’m sorry it took so long to respond. I got overwhelmed for a while there. I know what you mean about 2 steps forward, one back. I’ve finished some of my anti fungals and not replaced them so suddenly I can think again, obviously the moly is helping too, but it was scary for a while there.

I’m struggling to go right back to basics with Able and Raster’s strict protocol. Just eating veg makes me feel awful, and I can’t really tolerate eggs, so I’m going to have to do some shuffling.

That’s interesting, I associate that icky skin feeling with dairy products. I used to get it all the time but cut out dairy years ago and haven’t had it since. It also fixed my jittery legs and temper flare ups.

I can’t tolerate the damp at all, any type of damp spores make me really sick. I get flu like symptoms and often don’t realise why I’m ill, which means I take to my bed, often in the damp house. It has taken me a few years to work that one out and now I’m extra careful.

Thanks for the reassurance. It’s a huge leap of faith this whole thing. I know sugar is bad, but the extremes of this diet make me question my sanity sometimes. Last week both my family and one of my friends inependently suggested I see a therapist because it’s all in my head, or just “man up and get on with it”. I know it’s not their fault for not understanding, but it still sucks. I’m lucky to have a supportive partner. Even if he does hate my laptop and phone, he still believes me.

Hal123.

Hal123

orka1998 wrote:
    I think I have had candida overgrowth most of my life, probably over 20 years. I had chronic yeast infections when I was 15 and was not even sexually active at that time. I am turning 40 in June. I had severe kidney infections when I was 15 and got a lot of antibiotics for that. After that, I had persistent yeast infection, constipation, forgetfulness and some other symptoms for which I just thought were normal for me.

That’s interesting, I had a lot of the same experiences. Persistent UTIs as a child, chest instead of kidney infections etc.

orka1998 wrote:
    Then when I was 19 and war broke out here, I remember suddenly being able to remember phone numbers, car plates etc. It was really interesting. Well, because of the limited food supply, we did not eat all the unhealthy stuff and were returned to “cave days” in terms of survival so now thinking back, probably that was the cause for my sudden excellent brain function. I do remember being sick initially without a visible illness and moody etc. and I wonder if that was die-off. Who knows…

The more I think about it, the more I realise I’ve had die off symptoms on and off all my life. It’s all making much more sense now.

orka1998 wrote:
    I also was making my own kefir and drank at least a large cup of that daily.

For some reason I can’t stomach the thought of Kefir. Perhaps it’s the dairy connection. What is it like?

orka1998 wrote:
    My health was getting worse and worse and I was getting new symptoms every day. I could not catch my breath on a simple task, I had hart palpitations, awful cough got worse (had it most of my life but doctors said that it’s just like that, mucus goes into my lungs so I must cough that out), I got vertigo, then my digestion problems progressed into diarrhea which stayed with me little less than 4 months, soon I could not eat anything and had to make myself eat, and finally on top of some other minor symptoms that I don’t care to list now I got anxiety which got me into the hospital for the first time. They checked my heart and internal organs, bloodwork, everything, and found nothing. But I kept getting worse, soon I had no strength to do anything and it was such a task taking care of the kids. I am going from specialist to specialist this whole time and they found some minor issues but not a single cause to my mysterious illness.

Sounds like a pretty awful time for you. I hope things are getting better for you now.

orka1998 wrote:
    So I looked it up online and thank God found this site. I started the diet right after, web site’s version first then switched over to the strict diet followed by almost everyone here on the forum and got better, then worse, then better, then awful, and then slowly better and better. My diarrhea stopped days after starting the diet, then my skin problems were gone, then my dizziness went away, then heart palpitations (still get them for short periods if I am having die-off), then vag thrush got better, then… I even found out that my big toenail problem was actually fungus as I see a healthy nail growing out!

That’s wonderful!

orka1998 wrote:
    I am still weak, not as strong as I would want to be, I still react to some food sometimes, my neurological issues including anxiety are almost gone so it’s easier dealing with what’s left of the symptoms and this diet.

I’m finding myself much weaker than I used to be too. I’m hoping I will recover as I get better. My anxiety has certainly reduced too! Yet another thing I didn’t know what caused simply by having too much sugar.

orka1998 wrote:
    So here is my story, you see we all have one. I must be strong, and I must get better, if not for myself (even tough I should), then for my girls. They just turned 3 and they do need their mommy. Since last summer I was unable to be the mom they are used to, the one that went out for walks with them daily, that played and had fun and always smiled (I am that kind of person and it took time for this illness to knock a smile off my face). Finally since last month we are laughing, playing (not as actively as before but you can play and laugh sitting down as well hahaha), and having fun again. Oh how I missed my children!

It’s wonderful you’ve made such progress.

orka1998 wrote:
    I am far from healed, and I still have bad days more than I would like. My brain fog is better but still there. I can do my work but not work any overtime like I used to. I see that they are not giving me the same amount of work as they used to. I did get promoted several months back and am a manager now but I have to remind my people to keep sending me stuff via email and I keep searching email for answers such as “where is so and so” because they pop in and tell me they are going to lunch but I will be looking for them in about half an hour hahahaha. I was worse though, I was so bad that I would dress kids wrong and forget more important things. Now at least I don’t forget what’s really important, but small stuff still evaporates as if it was never there.

Again, wishing you best of luck and strength to beat this and get healthy again.

Arijana

I am still scared my brain fog will stop me doing my job properly, but at the moment it doesn’t seem to be affecting me as much, so hopefully that will continue. I’m learning to tell people to email me things and remind me of things all the time, I know what you mean about thoughts evaporating as if they were never there. Brain fog scares me the most, I’m ok at the moment and scared of it getting worse again.

Thank you for the luck and strength. It seems you have enough for an army stashed away inside you. I hope your recovery is swift and complete. xx

Hal123

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Advice on how to keep functioning while on the diet’ is closed to new replies.