Advice on healing my kids

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Advice on healing my kids

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hilary 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hilary
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 25

I have been doing this for about 8 weeks now (it took about a oath in before I realized there was a different forum protocol, so I made a few mistakes the first month), and I’ve learned a great deal thanks to everyone here. I’ve now realized that this has been going on for 25 yrs. my husband is 2 weeks in and the more we have been readin, we realize that I passed this onto our 3 kids during childbirth and breast feeding. They have all had either, digestive issues, flush, or food issues, along with some other symptoms. They are 4, 8, & 9 yrs old now and I’m trying to ease them into some of this, but imguess my question is this…they probably don’t have as severe a case as the adults, so do I have to b as strict with their diet to clear them up? I want them to have a balanced diet since they are so young, but obviously cutting out sugar and as many carbs as I can. I have given them grapefruit seed extract and I have coconut oil pills that the older ones can take and as I said I’m introducing new foods to them to try daily. I don’t want to overwhelmed them and I think my oldest had some die off yesterday.

I could really use some guidance on this.

Thanks,
    Hil

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Hilary.

they probably don’t have as severe a case as the adults, so do I have to b as strict with their diet to clear them up? I want them to have a balanced diet since they are so young, but obviously cutting out sugar and as many carbs as I can.

Just cutting out all sugar products and cutting down on the carbs can help the children considerably because no one including children need the amount of sugar or carbs that’s normally found in an average diet.

I have given them grapefruit seed extract and I have coconut oil pills that the older ones can take and as I said I’m introducing new foods to them to try daily. I don’t want to over whelmed them and I think my oldest had some die off yesterday.

You can also use pure virgin coconut oil to cook with and also add it to any foods that you possibly can for the children to ingest. The pure oil form will be much better for them than the capsules are.

Dairy is one of the main food products that are normally removed from the diet, this is mainly because it’s a sugar source. I’m sure your children need calcium, so what I suggest is to replace some of the milk with kefir. For the children you can purchase the Lifeway brand of kefir which is carried by some health food stores as well as supermarkets. It’s usually found in the yogurt section of supermarkets. If you’re unaware of what kefir is, it’s a fermented milk drink similar to yogurt, but stronger. Kefir can help a lot to build the beneficial bacteria communities in your system much more sufficiently than yogurt can. Also, unsweetened coconut milk is closer to human breast milk than any other type; it just doesn’t contain the same amount of protein.

As far as a cleanse or detox period for children is concerned, I don’t believe a cleanse would be completely safe.

If the children are not already eating organic chicken, then it’s fine to add this as well as coconut or oat bran bread to the diet, but I would still try to limit animal meat to chicken or fish only most of the time, and leave beef and pork out of their diet as much as possible. The ammonia released by the meat protein will have a detrimental effect on the treatment. If they eat eggs, I would definitely purchase organic eggs only. Of course, organic means that they will not be ingesting hormones or antibiotics.

There’s a chance that your children will experience die-off symptoms sometime during their treatment. Candidate made by Native Remedies will help this considerably and can be given to children age four and over. The instructions are children ages 4-11 can take 1 drop per year of age, 3 times daily. This will greatly lessen the effects of die-off. For more information as well as the ingredients the link is:
    http://www.nativeremedies.com/products/candidate-systemic-candida-albicans.html

In the end, no matter what else is done, the environment of the intestines will have to be changed in order for the Candida infestation to be removed. The only thing that can do that is an abundance of beneficial bacteria supplied by a good probiotic in addition to the daily kefir; only these sources are able to build the flora in the intestines in the numbers that are needed. In the end, this will be the cure for the infestation. The diet is used to stop feeding the Candida and limit the population growth of the infestation while the beneficial bacteria are multiplying to a number which will be able to bring about a change to the environment and ultimately destroy the Candida albicans cells. Finding a good children’s probiotic which is strong enough to do this is imperative to the cure. If you look at liquid forms, be sure to read the entire list of ingredients and run the list by the forum before making your purchase.

Let us know if you have other questions.
    Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I agree with Able about the cleanse. I’m not convinced they’re safe for many adults. Try to use lots of herbs and spices and as many different vegetables as you can. The more varied the sources of fibre, the more varied the gut flora can become. Fermented veggies and dairy are good sources of vitamins and bacteria. Clarified butter is great for vitamins too. High in K2 if you can find organic. If you make sure they have a good source of vitamins K2 and D, you’ll save a lot on dental bills in the future.

According to a survey I saw from 2005, Americans got 2/3 of their calories from grains, added sugars and vegetable oils. There are healthy cultures out there who live on high-starch, high-fat and even high (natural) sugar diets, and obesity research trying to pin it on one or the other isn’t doing a very good job. It doesn’t seem like food can be unhealthy unless it’s eaten the way we eat it. Avoiding grains, added sugars and vegetable oils as much as possible is probably a good way to improve anyone’s health if you can’t do anything else.

I saw some guy on a blog saying his 4-year-old son loved 85% cocoa chocolate and pulled a face when he ate milk chocolate because it was too sweet. It’d be awesome if you could stave off their sweet toothes somehow. Berries and heavy cream make a good low-sugar dessert with prebiotics (berries have antifungal compounds that stop them from getting infected by moulds too). I guess it really depends how strict you want to/can be with them.

Flipper
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 79

This is interesting to me because I’ve also realized one of my kids has candida. She is a picky eater, 15 years old and a vegetarian. She’s been tired her whole life. I had pneumonia when I was pregnant with her and had tons of antibiotics and steriods to get better.
    So I bought chewable probiotics for her by Renew Life called Kids Probiotic. Is anyone familiar with this?
    She’s had a little die off and I took her off of it while she’s having final exams.
    She’s eating green apples, organic greek yogurt with black berries, rice bread and pastas, and almond butter along with the few veggies she’s willing to eat. Oh and millet.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Flipper wrote: This is interesting to me because I’ve also realized one of my kids has candida. She is a picky eater, 15 years old and a vegetarian. She’s been tired her whole life. I had pneumonia when I was pregnant with her and had tons of antibiotics and steriods to get better.
    So I bought chewable probiotics for her by Renew Life called Kids Probiotic. Is anyone familiar with this?
    She’s had a little die off and I took her off of it while she’s having final exams.
    She’s eating green apples, organic greek yogurt with black berries, rice bread and pastas, and almond butter along with the few veggies she’s willing to eat. Oh and millet.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.

Does she eat eggs? You should probably read this anyway http://rawfoodsos.com/for-vegans/

Hilary

Thank you all so much! It seems I’m on the right track, but I will get their probiotics out tonight and run those by you guys so you can tell me if it’s a good brand. They have been on probiotics for a year and they take omegas and drink as much Lifeway Kefir as I can afford!:). I also have the bitters now so I put 1 drop on their toungue before meals. And I have been giving them Lily of the Desert whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice daily for about 2 yrs.

Also, my doctor gave me samples of Aqua Flora Candida and I haven’t tried it so thank you, I will start the boys on it tonight!

They eat only organic eggs and I only buy organic everything. Chicken a couple of times a week and organic turkey. They rarely eat sweets, but they eat tons of fruit, cheese, and yogurt. This is my biggest problem!

Also, Able I know you have said no to nuts, and I’m much better now that I’m not eating them, but my boys love them. They are raw and organic, so do you think they would be ok if I soak them in water first? I’m looking for snacks and protein sources. I use hemp seeds in as much as I can, and I make smoothies with coconut milk and hemp milk and kefir.

Do you think if I made kefir Popsicles (Lifeway kefir, blueberries, and ground nuts or hemp seeds)…that would be an ok snack? I’ve made some delicious coconut flour crackers that we all enjoy and I’ve got a pretty good version of the coconut bread going, but snacks are the hardest for me because I always ate fruit for snacks and that’s what my boys eat. They are fine with blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and granny smith apples (dehydrated)… Is this ok?

Also, do you think they could eat beans? If so, what kind are the safest?

Thank you so much everyone!

Hil

Hilary

Bump for questions

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Hilary.

Thank you all so much! It seems I’m on the right track, but I will get their probiotics out tonight and run those by you guys so you can tell me if it’s a good brand. They have been on probiotics for a year and they take omegas and drink as much Lifeway Kefir as I can afford!

That’s fantastic, Hilary, I’m glad you’ve been giving this to them as it will be a big plus in their progress.

Also, my doctor gave me samples of Aqua Flora Candida and I haven’t tried it so thank you, I will start the boys on it tonight!

Hilary, Aqua Flora is a homeopathic medicine. I tried homeopathic remedies myself for a few months during my treatment prior to developing the protocol on the forum, and the symptoms only became worse and worse. My conclusion was that homeopathic medicines may work for many illnesses, but I do not believe they are the proper treatment for a Candida overgrowth. I feel that the reason is because one of the ingredients of Aqua Flora is actually Candida albicans. The principle of homeopathic medicine is to fight the disease with the cause; however, Candida albicans are already in the body when you have an infestation, so how can adding more on top of what is already there bring a cure? I especially would not give children a homeopathic medicine for a Candida infestation. Read the ingredients on the container, you will see “Candida albicans” as an added ingredient.

They eat only organic eggs and I only buy organic everything. Chicken a couple of times a week and organic turkey. They rarely eat sweets, but they eat tons of fruit, cheese, and yogurt. This is my biggest problem!

A lot of fruit and cheese will be, and the yogurt if it’s sweetened. If this is the only way they’ll eat it, you can buy unsweetened plain Greek yogurt and sweeten it yourself with Stevia for them.

Also, Able I know you have said no to nuts, and I’m much better now that I’m not eating them, but my boys love them. They are raw and organic, so do you think they would be ok if I soak them in water first? I’m looking for snacks and protein sources. I use hemp seeds in as much as I can, and I make smoothies with coconut milk and hemp milk and kefir.

If you’re soaking them and they are also organic, then the chance are that they’re fine as long as they don’t overdo it by eating too many.

Do you think if I made kefir Popsicles (Lifeway kefir, blueberries, and ground nuts or hemp seeds)…that would be an ok snack?

I suppose so, but I wouldn’t give this to them too often during one day.

I’ve made some delicious coconut flour crackers that we all enjoy and I’ve got a pretty good version of the coconut bread going, but snacks are the hardest for me because I always ate fruit for snacks and that’s what my boys eat. They are fine with blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and granny smith apples (dehydrated)… Is this ok?

It just sounds like a lot of fruit to me, but maybe that’s because fruit is how I contracted Candida. I didn’t eat much ‘sugar’ or carbohydrate-high foods, but I was what you might call a fruit fanatic as any type of fruit was always my favorite food item.

Also, do you think they could eat beans? If so, what kind are the safest?

As far as the amount of carbs are concerned, the lowest carb-content beans are baby lima beans, black beans, kidney beans, black-eyed peas, refried beans and pinto beans, so I would give them one of these now and then in place of meat.

I think your children are very lucky to have you as their mom.

Able

Hilary

Able

The boys probiotic is Nature’s Way brand. But from the advice you gave me I’m not sure it’s good because there isn’t any DDS-1 in it. These are chewables because my 4 yr old cannot swallow pills yet. I noticed you mentioned a liquid probiotic…do you have a suggestion that is kid friendly?

Also, Able thank you for clarifying about the Aqua Flora. I misread your post and thought you said Candida instead of Candidate! I wasn’t using it for the exact reason you mentioned and I will not give it to the kids either now. Thank you again! I will put Candidate on my list.

Thank you so much for the continued advice! I cannot express to you how much you have helped me with all of your posts. Your encouragement and advice has made me want to learn as much as I possibly can to heal my entire family! I’m already feeling better than I have in 25 yrs, and I have miles to go. I cannot fathom where I’ll end up! Just to think 8 short weeks ago I stayed in bed 23 hours a day and have for the last two years and today I took all of my kids swimming, by myself, and swam with my 4 yr old! I haven’t even turned on my spinal cord stimulators in 8 weeks!

Thank you everyone, but Able especially you for helping me figure all of this out! I’m getting my life back one day at a time!

Hil

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Advice on healing my kids’ is closed to new replies.