advice for sickness

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions advice for sickness

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

My son brought something home from preschool. I suspect it’s something like strep throat. I have flue like symptoms. I already took vitamin C and molybdenum. Trying to drink water but only getting down a little chamomile tea. I can’t think of anything else to take, any suggestions?

I’m having head ache, body ache, lower back/fibromyalgia pain (probably kidneys aching from toxins), upset stomach, super weak.

Another lovely thing, and I realize this happens whenever i get sick, sugar cravings! grrr!

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Maybe try some bone broth? Though I realise making broth right now may not seem like the most appealing idea, bone broth is an elixir of life and should get you back on your feet. Also garlic is fantastic for the immune system. They say echinacea is great, though when I looked into this there were no substantiated evidence to suggest its validity – but neither is there for candida so you may as well give it a go 😀

mrs.candida

Thank you! I’m not in a position to make soup.

Also with the garlic, I don’t want to do anything that could create more die off, I’m feeling pretty crappy without antifungals.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

When I feel awful, I’m a fan of tea made with any combination of lemon, ginger, turmeric, and cayenne. It seems to help me.

Sorry you’re sick! What a bummer.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would get some echinacea…

-raster

mrs.candida

Thanks Raster, I was drinking a yogi tea with echinacea. I’ve only ever noticed results with echinacea when you start it early on in your sickness, but maybe it’s possible that it helped.

Shay, I’m drinking your tea now. Do you use powdered turmeric? I made it in a french press with whole ginger, whole lemon, powdered cayenne, and powdered turmeric. It’s great because the pepper attacks that scratch in my throat.

I didn’t do well yesterday, I feel off my diet. I ate puffed rice cereal with almond milk two times then had Tom khaa for dinner 🙁

What is it about being sick or having the flue that makes me crave suger and carbs so much worse then other times?

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

mrs.candida;36920 wrote:
    What is it about being sick or having the flue that makes me crave suger and carbs so much worse then other times?

Maybe your body doesn’t have the spare energy to break down fats into glucose so its looking for something more readily available. Either that or you’re feeling so crappy that its craving the dopamine you’d get from eating a pizza or something.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I use what I have on hand, which usually means the same format that you’re currently drinking, but I have made it with fresh turmeric before, which was really strong but good. I’ve also used powdered ginger, but it’s obviously less delicious than the biting flavor of fresh ginger. I find the cayenne really helps my throat and sinuses when they need it!

TOM KHA, OMG. Done right, it’s possibly my favorite flavor profile. All that fat and sour and spicy and savory…and sweet :p

I hope you’re feeling better soon so you can fight the cravings!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

mrs.candida;36868 wrote: My son brought something home from preschool. I suspect it’s something like strep throat. I have flue like symptoms. I already took vitamin C and molybdenum. Trying to drink water but only getting down a little chamomile tea. I can’t think of anything else to take, any suggestions?
    I’m having head ache, body ache, lower back/fibromyalgia pain (probably kidneys aching from toxins), upset stomach, super weak.

I really doubt that you have the actual flu. If you did, you would more than likely be in the bed unable to post on the forum, especially with the addition of a Candida infestation plus die-off. It could be just a regular cold plus the symptoms of the Candida playing havoc with your body.

What I would do in your place is take 1000 mg of vitamin C every hour. Take it today until you retire, and if you wake up during the night, take another 1000 mg. Take around 8,000 mg again tomorrow, and hopefully the symptoms will begin to lessen after 48 hours. The truth is, once you actually have something like this, you can’t make it disappear, but if you catch it early enough, you can shorten the duration of the worse symptoms.

Part of your problems probably stem from the fact that your infestation is slowing growing worse because of the food you’re feeding them.

You really need to try harder to drink a lot of water right now. With these problems you could also become dehydrated.

Hope you feel better soon.
    Able

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘advice for sickness’ is closed to new replies.