Advice for a child with bacterial gut infection and extreme anxiety

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Advice for a child with bacterial gut infection and extreme anxiety

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

I have a friend whose 10 year old child has a stubborn bacterial infection in the GI tract that has been resistant to treatment and I’m sure she’s on a lot of antibiotics. She’s reporting that her daughter is suffering from extreme anxiety attacks. I’ve pointed out the likely connection between the dysbiosis and anxiety and suggested exploring the appropriateness of HTP 5 and ashwaganda and suggested she start her on quality probiotics. Anyone else have any suggestions for reducing anxiety in this circumstance? I imagine what we do for candida would be helpful to this little girl as well.
    Thanks in advance,
    Sue

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would look at getting her tested for allergies to see if she has leaky gut. If she has over 50 allergies then this is definitely leaky gut in my opinion.

I would also tell her to put the kid on HMF neuro and maybe consult a naturopathic doctor who can get the kid healthy.

-raster

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Advice for a child with bacterial gut infection and extreme anxiety’ is closed to new replies.