Advice for a busy mom scared about die-off symptoms?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Advice for a busy mom scared about die-off symptoms?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  alexisMCA 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

iris_nez
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi!

I’m new here. I’m sure my story is not all that unique: I am a generally healthy person, I eat an excellent diet & exercise, but still I have suffered from rashes, yeast infections, brain fog, acne-prone skin and more for years. Once I learned about candida, everything seemed to click into place and I feel so excited to get started on a cleanse and diet to see if it will be helpful in getting me back into balance. However…

I am a busy single mom and graduate student with a demanding job. I am pretty worried about die off symptoms and how they will likely affect my day-to-day. Any advice you have about how to manage them, how to potentially decrease their severity, how to treat myself well during this phase would be very much appreciated!! I want to do this right 🙂 Thank you!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend consulting with a professional alternative doctor to get on a plan to get better. Most people need to be on the diet for 6-18+ months and this is no short term thing. The die-off symptoms can make you sick and feel awful, do you have a detox plan?

A good ND can determine the best method for you to get better and can put you on a detox plan, so that your symptoms are reduced…

-raster

iris_nez
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it! Unfortunately, consultation with an ND isn’t a possibility for me as my insurance is “disaster insurance” and the out-of-pocket expense is not feasible for me.

That said, I realize it’s a long term commitment and I’m not worried. Currently, I eat a plant-based diet of seasonal veggies from the farmer’s market and wild or pastured meats. No sugar ever. The long-term diet is not much a of change (except for coffee and cashews!) and I feel totally comfortable with it.

That I have maintained this diet for so long but STILL have many candida symptoms suggests to me that I need to flush my system in order to improve. So I am excited to embark on the cleanse but die off will be hard for me to manage given my life circumstances. As for detox, here’s generally what I’m thinking:

– 2 days of veggie broth
    – About a week of raw salads and steamed vegetables, P&B shakes
    – Candida diet with probiotic (Renew Life Ultimate Flora 90 million) + antifungals (oregano, coconut oil, and garlic) + elimination helpers (activated charcoal and moly-b)

How does that sound? It’s kind of confusing placing all the steps and supplements on a timeline, but that’s the order I have made of all the info available.

Thanks again!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’m not sure that most would recommend this type of cleanse for someone like you at this point in your life unless you are willing to take off time from work to feel ill. After day 1 or two you are going to feel quite awful most likely and this is not a good thing in general. Some people even have gone to ER’s, etc. when cleansing. I think you should just do the diet and I wouldn’t even take antifungals.

The problem with the antifungals you have listed is they are going to cause even more die-off so in general they are not a good idea. I would consider trying out SF722 as an alternative to these antifungals because it is much more gentle and doesn’t cause as much die-off.

Here are the various major methods people use to get better:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/alternative-methods-to-get-better-if-you-reach-a-dead-end-in-your-treatmenrasters-perspective-41/

Any of the other methods I have listed likely would be more effective than the traditional starving the yeast and taking probiotics/antifungals route that you seek to take. When I took the antifungals you had listed without a detox plan, all it lead to was suffering.

Check out this die-off remedies post here about what to do when you start:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/die-off-remedies-post-51/

-raster

alexisMCA
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 33

Raster,

When I click on the links they won’t open. Can you insert the web address for the link or give us cut and paste version.

FishaOfMen
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 29

Here ya go:

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/alternative-methods-to-get-better-if-you-reach-a-dead-end-in-your-treatmenrasters-perspective-41/

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/die-off-remedies-post-51/

EDIT: Sorry, I listed out simple links and the same large boxes popped up that were in Raster’s post. I’d try searching the forums for “alternative methods to get better” and “die off remedies”.

alexisMCA
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 33

Thank you Fish of Men!

For Busy Mama:

I am in the same spot as you I just graduated law school and studying for the bar now so that is a big job and stress levels are up.

I started from about the same place as you it seems, I eat more or less plant based very clean whole food diet Lentils and brown rice however are to be avoided and they were a staple for me so that took adjusting. I also had symptoms of candida however active one’s that I just treated with traditional anti-fungals and was probably in a weaken state.

Today is day 18 for me of the cleanse. I started the 1st of the month. I did a couple liver flush and stayed on the anti-candida diet but my die-off detox symptoms were big time! I had days of sweats, chills, dizzy spells, and my face burned and got hot with a rash. These happened 1-3x per week. I just had another one yesterday. I was literally hanging on to my desk and praying to the higher spirits to get me through as I attempted to study civil procuedre a rather grueling and boring subject LOL.

My opinion (take it or leave it and what I tell my friends) if I did it over again and what I tell my friends:

What to do re anti-fungal: Go easy on the natural anti-fungals to start to avoid die-off detox from hell. I was blending “vitamix” in the morning ginger, garlic 1 clove and taking caprylic turns out too much die off so I backed down to every few days and will extend to 1x per week and may do it even longer 10 days so that I can study and do what I need to do to be in top shape and not have die-off detox symptoms. I can say backing off even for a day worked well for me so backing off in this fashion I feel you have a better chance of not having as significant die-off detox symptoms as I did if any because of your clean lifestyle.

Liver support: I had elevated liver enzymes which is common for those with this issue the liver was burdened by trying to do its job so I am taking additional liver supplement from the liver doctor LivaTone Plus you should definitely support the liver during this switch because it is our weapon at getting rid of this nasty shit so baby it! Milk Thistle also I was taking 2 per day usually as prescribed by my doctor, and increased the dosage to help with the die-off symptoms to 3 per day and it has helped relieve the die-off symptoms. [Today is an example, I was bad shape yesterday believe because I added 1 dose of thistle it helped me]. Also dandelion tea I drink that it is great for the liver and is good hot or cold and has no caffeine. Just my two cents on the liver portion.

Foods to avoid: ALMONDS and RED PEPPER NO and (antibiotic free meats stick with chicken I tried Turkey and Beef and not good) (I don’t think you eat meat so not an issue for you perhaps!) Not worth the die-off and constipation. I never had this problem in the past with these foods, but my candida free body does not want that so not good.

Diet Foods to Eat: “Raster” forum moderator has this bad ass diet list that is a supplement for what is here. The link is somewhere and it is posted. It helped clear things up for me.

You are welcome to email me alexis(at)alexismoore(dot)com I am hoping to connect with others that way to share experiences and tips and tricks because this is a marathon process going to be my lifestyle. I have had antibiotics since I was 3 years old regularly and know that this particular issue for me is going to be chronic but with this lifestyle I should have no problems in the future.

Good luck with everything and remember this is a process and if you get the symptoms they do go away. For some in a hour or if there severe can be 1 day to a week. So go easy that way body can expel the toxins and not get you sick.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advice for a busy mom scared about die-off symptoms?’ is closed to new replies.