Adrenal Fatigue, Hormonal imbalances and candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Adrenal Fatigue, Hormonal imbalances and candida

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lolcandida 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

MadEmx
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

Hi,

I have been trying to rid my candida overgrowth for 1.5 years. I followed the diet and took the supplements and probiotics etc and yet I still tested high on the candida marker of the IgG blood test and I still have rectal itching and lower belly swelling. We did further tests and I have adrenal fatigue and went off the bc pill, so now I have hormonal imbalances. Is it a fair assumption to say that the adrenal fatigue needs to be healed and the hormones need to be balanced before I can get my candida overgrowth under control? Is that why it is still here and I am still suffering?

Thanks in advance.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend healing holistically. I think its safe to say that if your adrenals are drained, your thyroid is likely also compromised, and this is the center of your immune system from my experience. Once you get the thyroid going well this will aid everything. Do you have cold feet and hands?

-raster

MadEmx

Hi Raster,

Yes, I do and my hair is thinning. My body temperature was 35.0 for an average of 5 days. I was also eating a vegan diet and training for a marathon when all of this started. I think I was malnourished (I ate enough calories, but they were all crap). I see a Naturopath and she seems knowledgable. She is treating the AF and imbalances and also has me on “yeast busters” such as pleo ex and pleo pef drops and suppositories. But I read so much about homeopathy being for the birds, so I don’t know what to think! I have also been on a very strict diet of less than 25 grams of carbs (she said just for 1-3 months) and I am wondering if this is also messing me up. So exhausting to be dealing with this still. I know your journey was long. I need patience. Sigh

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d try out eating more carbs for a bit or gaining better nutrition. The thyroid/adrenal stuff could be just from pushing yourself too hard and being too active in your life (working too hard and being really busy). Homeopathy works from my experience so I would stick with it. I would ask them about boulardii and whether you should try it and this might help you get the upper hand on the yeast temporarily.

They can’t test whether homeopathics work or not but they don’t really do long term testing they just look at the blood, etc.

-raster

Henschy
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 43

Sorry high jacking thread.

Im a guy Ras and I have cold hands & feet, how would you go about healing the Adrenals and the Thyroid?

MadEmx

Thank you, Raster. I will slowly increase my carbs and see how I feel. I will stick with the homeopathy and try and channel my inner patient self : )

Henschy – I did the 24 hour saliva test. Thyroid can be tested by blood but you need more than the regular test they do. I can’t remember the names, so maybe someone can chime in. T4, T3, rT3… something like that.

sane123
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Hi Mademx

Important is to first find out what is the underlying cause. Often this is hard to find and sometimes you are just lucky to find it. I found out myself that gluten is often a indirect cause of why the candida is thriving.

Find the root cause if there is one and you will see, progress goes through the roof, i’ve seen it myself.

MadEmx

Sane – yes, I agree and wrote about this in my other thread. I don’t know how else to find the root cause other than an MRI and cat scan. All of my very thorough blood work is normal. My issues started after marathon training on a poorly executed vegan diet. Is it possible that the root cause was nutritional deficiencies? I have been eating very clean and taking supplements for a year. Not sure how long it takes to bring the body back to balance. And I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue this past April. I think it is my personality as well. I am very high strung and working on that via mediating, EFT etc. But is is possible that it’s just my reaction to stress as a root cause? Or am I missing something?

lolcandida
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 32

Adrenal fatigue and hypothyroidism are caused by not eating enough carbohydrate. Candida overgrowth often coincides because body temperature has fallen, metabolism has slowed down, and basic immune functions have become compromised.

A diet of only 25 grams of carbs per day will only worsen these conditions as well as candida overgrowth. Keep in mind that candida thrives on low carb diets because they only weaken the immune system. You cannot starve candida because candida has mitochondria and does just fine on fatty acids alone.

To beat candida and heal your thyroid and adrenals you should eat a high carb diet. Focus on eating fruits and raw honey as opposed to starches, but white rice can usually be tolerated as well. You need to eat a lot of carbohydrate to make your immune system strong once again. Coconut oil and high quality salt can also help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Adrenal Fatigue, Hormonal imbalances and candida’ is closed to new replies.