adrenal fatigue and thyroid

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions adrenal fatigue and thyroid

This topic contains 27 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I m headed to a conventional dr tomorrow which sucks but I want urine and bloodwork done, I know I have major adrenal fatigue since I amped up the antifungals and I have been working out more. What test can I ask the Dr to do? Plus what do people on here do for helping with adrenal fatigue? I m so fatigued everyday now for the past three weeks, its been worse the past week. I know I have to cut back some training. Thanks guys for any responses

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

My adrenal fatigue is purely a die off symptom. I suspect that when the Candida is gone the adrenal fatigue will be gone. Have you tried upping your vitamin C? Do you take ashwagandha?

Have you considered stopping the work outs? I was a runner previous to curing my adrenal fatigue the first time around. Once I stopped, my adrenal fatigue got way better.

moochpb

I have post traumatic stress disorder from two Iraq deployment and I m a mma fighter to relieve my stress. I know I can’t fight while on the treatment but I do have a tournament in 3 weeks, after that I’m gonna take it easy and see if that helps. Alot of my symptoms point to diabetes also but I’m very thin and this all started a month ago while on the antifungals, I’m assuming its die off still and my kidneys working hard. I’m gonna get bloodwork just to see what’s going on. I need a shot of adrenaline lol. I can workout great but the rest of the day fatigued and the next day fatigued. So I for sure wont work out nearly as hard after this grappling tournament so my body can recover more. I’m adding a little more carbs now too, my Naturapath said to introduce some sprouted brown rice and red potatoes. I have no symptoms eating that stuff. So that’s a good sign. Been almost 3 months of this. Just need energy back and not urinating so much

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

moochpb;36309 wrote: I m headed to a conventional dr tomorrow which sucks but I want urine and bloodwork done, I know I have major adrenal fatigue since I amped up the antifungals and I have been working out more. What test can I ask the Dr to do? Plus what do people on here do for helping with adrenal fatigue? I m so fatigued everyday now for the past three weeks, its been worse the past week. I know I have to cut back some training. Thanks guys for any responses

Exercise is actually good for adrenal burnout (one day on, one day off), but not so good in early stages of candida.

mrs.candida

The extra carbs could be hurting your adrenals even more. It sounds to me like your just asking your body to do too much.

Exercise is actually good for adrenal burnout (one day on, one day off), but not so good in early stages of candida.

I don’t doubt exercise can be good for adrenal fatigue in some cases, however, I believe the definition of that word can vary, and training for a fight seems like it would tax even a healthy body.

mrs.candida

My PTSD pretty much flew out the window when I started with high levels of vitamin C.

moochpb

I take around 5000 mg of vitamin c. Well I just added some more carbs yesterday so I don’t think it’s the carbs. It’s gotta be the treatment, detox and working out hard. But gonna hope to get some lab work in a few hours

moochpb

Also training for a fight is for sure taxing in the body. I ve been doing it for 7 years. It’s all these antifungals that are killing me but I know they are helping too.

moochpb

they found no keytones, sugar, or carbs in my urine. My blood sugar and blood pressure is normal. Just waiting for the results back for my thyroid, kidneys, liver and adrenals

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

A conventional doctor will not be able to diagnose you with adrenal fatigue. Unless they are extremely liberal in their practices they will probably think you are crazy for even mentioning it. The only thing they can diagnose you with is called Addisons disease and that is basically when your cortisol has completely crashed and your adrenals arent working anymore.

I dont want to get into all the specifics but adrenal fatigue doesnt fit into an ICD code so therefore doctors will not recognize it. There is no magic drug that will help with adrenal fatigue so therefore there is no profit to be made in treating it. I suggest you go to a naturopath who can run a saliva cortisol test. These are more accurate than blood tests and insurance will cover them.

The thyroid is a different story. There are blood tests they can run to determine if your thyroid is low and they can start you on thyroid replacement hormone.

I would also suggest you stop working out so much. If you do have adrenal and thyroid problems then strenous exercise is the last thing you should be doing. I have both adrenal fatigue and low thyroid and the extent of my exercise is a daily walk and some yoga. I know exercise makes you feel better temporarily but in the long run it will further deplete your energy and adrenals.

Also make sure you are eating enough. If you arent already I would start tracking your daily calories. If you exercising and not eating enough to offset the exercise then you are further depleting your body.

Vitamin C and Ashwagandha are usually good for adrenals and if your adrenals are low you can also try adrenal extracts.

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

moochpb;36384 wrote: they found no keytones, sugar, or carbs in my urine. My blood sugar and blood pressure is normal. Just waiting for the results back for my thyroid, kidneys, liver and adrenals

Sorry, I didnt see your last post about your bloodwork coming back. You can still have adrenal fatigue and it wont show up on a blood test. The problem is they only run a blood cortisol test to determine if your adrenals are working. This test is a waste of time as your body always trys to maintain normal blood cortisol levels. You need to ask for a saliva hormone test as these are the most accurate picture of how your adrenals are functioning. You also have to check them 4 or 5 times throughout the day and one draw of blood will not give you enough information on where your levels are.

I went to a medical doctor and my blood came back normal but when I did the salivary test my cortisol was extremely high which explained alot of the stress related symptoms I have been having lately.

moochpb

The good news is my kidney bloodwork and thyroid bloodwork is normal. I’m taking some time away from the gym and will ask my Naturapath about the saliva test, do you know what type of doctors do the test? I’m gonna pick up that herb you suggest

vcast
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

My LLMD (Lyme Literate Doctor) gave me a take-home adrenal stress/fatigue test kit. It came in a box that you use to collect your saliva periodically throughout a single day. Once complete, you mail the box in and the results of this are sent back to your doctor.

If you get desperate I can probably mail one of these kits to you. Just let me know.

moochpb

thanks man for sure. My question is what will it show? I m pretty sure I have adrenal fatigue for sure are there strong supplements that help? I got some ginseng from my naturapath but its not helping. If you can mail me it that would be great. Inbox me if you can, thanks again

vcast
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

My understanding is that an adrenal test indicates that there is probably an underlying (non-adrenal) problem with your body that needs to be treated. Supplements can help, but the true cause(s) need to be isolated and fixed first.

In my case they found Lyme’s disease. Along with supplements, extra sleep, better died and attacking the Candida overgrowth brought most of this under control.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘adrenal fatigue and thyroid’ is closed to new replies.