Adrenal Fatigue and Candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Adrenal Fatigue and Candida

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Beat Candida 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Gauttsu
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Hey all, I have been doing a lot of thinking and I am starting to believe the root cause of my candida was adrenal fatigue and stress. Now that I have candida, my adrenals are more burned out then ever.

I am currently 3 months in, and right now suffering heavily from lack of sleep and fatigue. The past week, I would be lucky to get 3-4 hours of sleep. I have tried to calm things down and try things like meditation, however it seems very hard to reverse. I don’t believe I am ever going to be cured of my candida without healing my adrenals first. The biggest wall seems to be sleep, lack of sleep makes things worse, but adrenal fatigue causes sleep disruptions. It is the typical catch 22.

My hope is to reach out to those with more experience with a similar situation and possibly offer advice that helped for you. I am willing to try anything, although I would prefer natural remedies if possible because I believe those will matter most in the long term. I can probably pop sleeping pills, but in the end I feel that really does not address the main issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Adrenal fatigue isn’t really a root cause. It’s more so yet another complication that often accompanies candida. You’re wise to look into it.

My personal experience with adrenal fatigue is that supplementing for your adrenals can make a tremendous impact. Tracking your daily temps can give you a better idea of how your adrenals and thyroid are functioning. Check out this webpage: http://drrind.com/therapies/metabolic-temperature-graph Low temps indicate thyroid issues and widely fluctuating temps indicate adrenal issues.

Adrenal cortex extract is the supplement I use to support my adrenals. It’s by far the most important supplement I take. Back when I was super fatigued the difference between being on it and off it was night and day.

Hope that helps a little bit. I’ll post more later.

Gauttsu

ThomasJoel2;56303 wrote: Adrenal fatigue isn’t really a root cause. It’s more so yet another complication that often accompanies candida. You’re wise to look into it.

My personal experience with adrenal fatigue is that supplementing for your adrenals can make a tremendous impact. Tracking your daily temps can give you a better idea of how your adrenals and thyroid are functioning. Check out this webpage: http://drrind.com/therapies/metabolic-temperature-graph Low temps indicate thyroid issues and widely fluctuating temps indicate adrenal issues.

Adrenal cortex extract is the supplement I use to support my adrenals. It’s by far the most important supplement I take. Back when I was super fatigued the difference between being on it and off it was night and day.

Thanks for the information. That link seems to be very useful. The biggest issue I have with the Adrenal Vs. Thyroid issue is if you are adrenal fatigued, chances are your thyroid is not working properly either. My understanding is that they have a definite link to one another.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Gauttsu;56348 wrote:
    Thanks for the information. That link seems to be very useful. The biggest issue I have with the Adrenal Vs. Thyroid issue is if you are adrenal fatigued, chances are your thyroid is not working properly either. My understanding is that they have a definite link to one another.

I was told my ND that adrenal fatigue IS my root cause of candida, and stress will quite literally cause a flare without ingesting more than water.

Since I have been addressing my adrenal fatigue, with the ONLY antifungals being garlic and occasional coconut oil (2 tsp a day if I choose it that day)

I am now able to eat almost anything without my throat closing up.
    Prior to this, even a grape would cause throat soreness.

I have a long way to go I think (atleast 2-3 more months) but the difference in doing adrenal support has been night and day.

Dr Morse told me that I could just handle the adrenals, but that if instead I handled my endocrine system- handling adrenals,thyroid,pituitary, ect, I could get rid of my chills and depression. Both are gone. The fastest change was my mood, within DAYS of taking my herbal tinctures. The adrenals- not so much. He says that could take months to heal.

Gauttsu

Vegan Catlady;56350 wrote:

I was told my ND that adrenal fatigue IS my root cause of candida, and stress will quite literally cause a flare without ingesting more than water.

Since I have been addressing my adrenal fatigue, with the ONLY antifungals being garlic and occasional coconut oil (2 tsp a day if I choose it that day)

I am now able to eat almost anything without my throat closing up.
    Prior to this, even a grape would cause throat soreness.

I have a long way to go I think (atleast 2-3 more months) but the difference in doing adrenal support has been night and day.

Dr Morse told me that I could just handle the adrenals, but that if instead I handled my endocrine system- handling adrenals,thyroid,pituitary, ect, I could get rid of my chills and depression. Both are gone. The fastest change was my mood, within DAYS of taking my herbal tinctures. The adrenals- not so much. He says that could take months to heal.

Thanks for the input! For years I have felt tired even getting 8-10 hours of sleep but never stumbled upon adrenal fatigue. Around christmas time I got sick, I had 2 very stressful weeks at work which I am sure was a factor for me getting sick. I am italian as well, so having a very high carb diet I am sure was not the least bit helpful. I would not be surpised if these factors pushed me over the edge.

As a side note, does anyone have any recommendations for herbal tea of supplements that help in this regard?

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

I was high carb for years without any candida issues.

The holidays and severe stress was my issue, so i assume its very likely other’s issue as well.

You can do Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer. The herbs in that tea are specific for adrenal exhaustion.

Im doing Adrenal support and Endocrine Balance by Cellular Botanicals. 2oz bottle for 24$, sometimes easier than tea.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

From my experience gauttsu, its more than just your adrenals but also your thyroid. If your adrenals become drained, your thyroid becomes drained. Your thyroid is the center of your immune system essentially and if your thyroid health is left unaddressed, its hard to gain the upper hand on the yeast fight.

For sleep there are a variety of things I do to get better, but one of the most important supplements I use is PS-100 which is a brain chemical and methylation supplement that helps you sleep naturally. Additionally, I would look at flax oil which is fatty acid that helps heal your brain and helps you sleep good also.

If you want to talk to someone about sleep problems, I might be the best person here because I’ve had chronic insomnia for about 15 years.

-raster

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Gauttsu;56348 wrote:

Adrenal fatigue isn’t really a root cause. It’s more so yet another complication that often accompanies candida. You’re wise to look into it.

Yep, you’re right about those two issues being intertwined. If one has adrenal dysfunction it’s likely they’ll also have thyroid problems and vice versa. I highly recommend tracking your temps as Dr. Rind suggests for at least a week or so in order to get a better idea of where you’re at. A cortisol spit test can also be useful. If you’re seeing an N.D. this might be something to ask about.

Also, I should mention that you always want to make sure your adrenals are functioning and stable before taking anything to supplement your thyroid. Taking thyroid medication while your adrenals are still struggling will put further stress on your adrenals and exasperate your situation. Think of the adrenals like the engine and the thyroid like the throttle. Pushing forward on the throttle before the engine is running correctly is only going to crash the engine.

Supplementing with ACE for your adrenals can make a huge impact. I take 300mg a day and benefit tremendously. Here’s the brand I take in case you’re interested: http://www.pureformulas.com/cytozymead-60-tablets-by-biotics-research.html?CUSTOMTRACKING=CUSTOMTRACKING&CAWELAID=532161301&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=530005240000712394&cadevice=c&gclid=CLjUuZi6z70CFUJqfgodJIAA3g#sthash.XBxSHPU1.dpbs

If you do decide to try some ACE make sure to work your way up gradually, starting with one just tablet and increasing by one tablet every week or so. Monitoring your temps (and how you feel) while you do this is important.

Also, here’s some testing dvjorge suggests when it comes to determining adrenal function:

dvjorge;55621 wrote:

Do this test at home.! It is scientific. I don’t advice quackery.

Pupilary Response Test for Adrenal Fatigue

Stand in front of a mirror in a darkened room (best done at night) for at least 15 seconds.
    Look straight into the mirror without blinking.
    Using your penlight or small flashlight, hold the light at eye level and by the side of your head pointing at your ear (see chart). About 8 inches away to avoid damaging the eye.
    Slowly move the light around your head toward your nose, staying 8 inches away at all times.
    Stop once the light is at a 45 degree angle to your retina. The light should NOT be pointing directly into your eye but should come in at an angle. hint: you shouldn’t feel like a deer in headlights.
    Hold the light steady and count how long your pupil can hold the contraction, up to 20 seconds. Once it starts to ‘pulse’ or loses the contraction, the test is over.
    Repeat on other eye.
    0-4 seconds | Adrenal Exhaustion |

5-10 seconds | Adrenal Fatigue |

11-19 seconds | Adrenal Dysfunction |

Jorge.

Mine go CRAZY big small big small within seconds

Confirm with this one :

Test #2: Blood Pressure Test
    If your blood pressure drops when you stand up from a lying position, this almost always indicates low adrenals. This can be measured with a blood pressure gauge (a sphygmomanometer), which you can buy at a drug store. Make sure to purchase the type that doesn’t require a stethoscope to take your blood pressure.

Make sure to do this test when you are well hydrated or it could give you a false positive. Lie down quietly for about 10 minutes, then take your blood pressure (while still lying down). Then stand up and measure your blood pressure immediately upon standing. Normally blood pressure will rise 10-20mmHg from standing up. If your blood pressure drops, you likely have adrenal fatigue. The more severe the drop, the more severe the adrenal fatigue.

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

raster;56368 wrote: From my experience gauttsu, its more than just your adrenals but also your thyroid. If your adrenals become drained, your thyroid becomes drained. Your thyroid is the center of your immune system essentially and if your thyroid health is left unaddressed, its hard to gain the upper hand on the yeast fight.

For sleep there are a variety of things I do to get better, but one of the most important supplements I use is PS-100 which is a brain chemical and methylation supplement that helps you sleep naturally. Additionally, I would look at flax oil which is fatty acid that helps heal your brain and helps you sleep good also.

If you want to talk to someone about sleep problems, I might be the best person here because I’ve had chronic insomnia for about 15 years.

-raster

Raster, I do not want to Hijack the thread but want to get more info about the use of Flax Seed for sleep. As I have mentioned many times in previous posts that my Sleep issues are the biggest of my problems & have been taking Prescription Drugs on nightly basis for about 10 months now only to get poor broken sleep & currently going through some interdose withdrawal symptoms from the Sleep medication so slowly weaning off.
    I have tried Phospotidyl Serene from NOW and it has helped me a bit but not much along with many other supplements with not much success.

Thanks in Advance.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What I would do to get better sleep:

-Go on walks if you don’t exercise, this helps greatly.
    -Take a late night shower and this helps you relax.
    -If you have a GF or wife, get a massage before sleep.
    -Do not consume coffee or caffeine.
    -Try high grade PS-100 that costs $50 per bottle. Big difference when compared to the cheap stuff. Do not skimp on brain chemical supplements!
    -Flax oil is cheap and take on a tablespoon a few hours before bed.
    -If night time urination is a problem, could be your thyroid or liver health and this needs to be addressed seperately.
    -Acupuncture is quite effective for sleep.
    -Melatonin works when used infrequently but don’t become reliant on it.

I also take prescription drugs to sleep and I have taken amytriptaline for about 14 years now (I am now down to half dose of 12.5 mg). From my experience with prescription drugs, you have to keep on trying stuff out until you find one that works. I tried ambien, trazadone, nortryptaline, and like 5 other ones and amytryptaline was only one that worked really well. Some of them really mess up your sleep bad; I had a bad reaction to trazadone and it caused me to not sleep for 7 days straight after using it safely for one year! Sometimes the generic stuff doesn’t work when compared to the regular brand stuff.

-raster

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

Thanks .

PS from Now is pretty expensive $49 for 60 & it lasts only 15 days it does have Inositol & Choline which might cause issues.
    Would you recommend any brand .

Same thing with Flaxseed Oil. Would you recommend just the seeds or Oil(Any preferred brand which is main stream as I am in Canada).

I have had Amptriptlyine (Does not put me to sleep but makes me extremely Dizzy), Trazadone (Does not do anything for me a part from giving me headaches).

Clonazapem which did help but doctor changed it because of the Addiction potential.

Zopiclone. Have been taking it for 10 months does put me to sleep but usually give me 30 minutes to 3.5 hrs of sleep. (Mixed with PS & Melatonin & Magnesium helps). I am weaning off it and going through serious Withdrawal symptoms. Down to only 2.5mg but getting very poor sleep.

Temazapem , did fall asleep after taking it but felt like I got no sleep.

Herbal wise I have taken Valerian (Terrible), 5 HTP (Worked good for a few days), Brain Mood by Douglas LAbs (Has got 5htp & St. John Wort makes me super dizzy but does not put me to sleep), Ashwaganda(Felt calm but no help with sleep), Sleep 8 Formula(Did not do anything), Herbal Teas of all sorts. Paid a lot of money on Acupunture sessions but not much of a help there either.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Adrenal Fatigue and Candida’ is closed to new replies.