adrenal fatigue and blood sugar problems

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions adrenal fatigue and blood sugar problems

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  healinglight 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

beezy
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 7

anybody have advice on how to address adrenal fatigue and these blood sugar crashes? i’m about to lose my job over this….at which point i’m screwed.

i feel like im not getting enough calories or food throughout the day trying to stick to this diet.

toni8
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

beezy;31509 wrote: anybody have advice on how to address adrenal fatigue and these blood sugar crashes? i’m about to lose my job over this….at which point i’m screwed.

i feel like im not getting enough calories or food throughout the day trying to stick to this diet.

Do you eat enough protein? Green veggies like kale,broccoli and cauliflower have protein, also hemp seeds are great! do you eat every four hours? you shoud this should keep ur energy levels in better shape also good fats like coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil and fish oil capsules are great! i also drink green match twice a day, is highly antioxidant and it does not spike sugar!!! best healing vibes!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Dr. Mccomb’s has a blood sugar protocol if you want to check it out:

http://drmccombs.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/blood-sugar-balance-protocol/

I’d try to eat bigger meals, with 3-4 courses each meal. I would eat until you are very full like thanksgiving.

-raster

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

cinnamon (pills) helps regulate blood sugar issues, as well as being an antifungal (search for dvjorge’s post showing the medical research behind cinnamon’s antifungal properties)

MsMollyJackson
    Replies: 29

I’ve been struggling with blood sugar issues and its driving me crazy. I keep crashing and don’t know what to do!?!? I am eating ALL of the time…I’m not sure I can do this diet any longer and I’m scared all of this torture was for nothing!
    I eat chicken all day, almonds, veggies, brown rice…
    It’s been since June and blood sugar seems to be getting worse!
    I feel like its time to go to regular dr??

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

Why are you eating brown rice? This will feed the candida, and thus fuel your hypoglycaemia.

Len

MsMollyJackson
    Replies: 29

My natural dr said brown rice was ok to eat. He says you need some complex carbs as slow burning fuel.

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

If I were you I’d cut out the brown rice.
    When I did this, my symptoms stopped.

Your body will adjust to a low carb diet eventually, and you will have no blood sugar drops if you eat no carbs (and no caffeine).

It is the brown rice giving you blood sugar swings. It can only be carbs (or stimulants) that give you swings, so it must be the rice.

Eat more eggs, etc.
    When I need extra energy, I eats nuts and I am fine (it is better to soak them first to kill mould). Some people, however, get symptoms when they eat nuts.

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

beezy;31509 wrote: anybody have advice on how to address adrenal fatigue and these blood sugar crashes? i’m about to lose my job over this….at which point i’m screwed.

Bezzy,

I’m not sure if you are on the initial cleanse or the actual diet. If you are on the cleanse that is a very tough period of time as it isn’t recommended to eat eggs. If you aren’t past this point maybe it’s best to get a week off from work.

If you are past that point, I have found a combination of the eggs, coconut bread helps quite a bit. I also found that having some warm lemon water helps give me a little energy. Are you eating those? You could also try Spirulina, which is supposed to provide good energy. It has a very high protein content.

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

MsMollyJackson;31659 wrote: I’ve been struggling with blood sugar issues and its driving me crazy. I keep crashing and don’t know what to do!?!? I am eating ALL of the time…I’m not sure I can do this diet any longer and I’m scared all of this torture was for nothing!
    I eat chicken all day, almonds, veggies, brown rice…
    It’s been since June and blood sugar seems to be getting worse!
    I feel like its time to go to regular dr??

You really are only supposed to be eating Chicken once a week. Almonds are considered a phase 2 item and should be soaked first due to mold. I don’t see brown rice listed on the strict diet list. Are you following the strict diet list or the diet on the website?

Most of us are following a strict diet put together by the moderators on this forum. Certain foods such as almonds and brown rice are not allowed on this list since many others have proven to have issues with these items in the past.

IMO I would give the diet the diet a fair chance and follow it properly first. Many general practice doctors don’t even believe Candida exists. You probably would fair better with a Naturopath, but you should find a recommended one. If you follow the diet properly and things get better then you know.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

My adrenal issues didn’t correct until I started taking high doses of vitamin C. I would suggest taking it until the point of diarrhea. I take about 18,000 mg a day and it really helps keep the adrenal fatigue away.

healinglight
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 66

I gradually increased the dose of Vitamin C to 4000 mg a day, but had to bring it down to 2000 mg because of the excessive acid reflux it was giving me and thus the resultant enamel erosion.

The flu like symptoms flared up again as soon as I brought down the dose, but I had no choice. I wish I could take higher doses of Vitamin C, because I know it was helping me a lot. Any suggestions anyone?

gibbsmama5
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Healinglight, you might try using kefir or yogurt to help soothe your stomach from acid reflux. I don’t know if it will help or not (I’m a newbie) but I know that drinking milk helps, and the yogurt and kefir are the dairy we are allowed to have. Good luck!

healinglight
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 66

Healinglight, you might try using kefir or yogurt to help soothe your stomach from acid reflux. I don’t know if it will help or not (I’m a newbie) but I know that drinking milk helps, and the yogurt and kefir are the dairy we are allowed to have. Good luck!

Thanks. I have been taking lots of yogurt but that did not help. Kefir grains are not available here in India.

dave
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 34

Healinglight: The flu like symptoms flared up again as soon as I brought down the dose, but I had no choice. I wish I could take higher doses of Vitamin C, because I know it was helping me a lot. Any suggestions anyone?

I take Vitamin C derived from Ester C which is non-acidic. Solgar makes an excellent formulation along with necessary bioflavinoids:

http://www.iherb.com/Solgar-Ester-C-Plus-1000-mg-Vitamin-C-180-Tablets/8813

I take 3-4 on a regular day (1,000 mg each) and often either on an empty stomach or with a meal doesnt matter. This is your best bet and surely a high quality Vitamin C.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘adrenal fatigue and blood sugar problems’ is closed to new replies.