ACV bad for me?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions ACV bad for me?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tanyanurse 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

tanyanurse
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 94

I made some homemade zucchini pickles. All I used was Braggs ACV, water, Himalayan sea salt, turmeric, cloves,celery seed and mustard powder. Today I ate 3 small pickles. Within 2 minutes I got pretty bad brain fog.

Now normally I take Super Enzymes by Now before every meal and I did not take them before the three pickles. And normally I do get a bit of brain fog after eating and a bit of fatigue that goes away in 30-60 min.

What on earth happened. Was it the ACV? Spices? Or the fact that I did not take my digestive enzymes? I am very disappointed because I made those pickles specifically for my candida diet. Fresh from the garden and organic of course.

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

What is ACV? Do you mean apple cider vinegar?

A bit of brain fog and fatigue after eating is normal. It’s commonly known as the after-lunch dip. But you mention a time of as little as two minutes between eating three small pickles and the onset of a severe brain fog. That’s too little time for the pickles to reach your intestines, let alone for any micro-organisms there to react to whatever may have been in your pickles.

Couls something else have been the cause in this case? I’m thinking of something like you having had a pretty stressful day, then creating your pickles, and finally sitting down and relaxing. Starting to relax may cause the fatigue that was already inside you but that was suppressed because you just had to go on, to suddenly show itself.

That’s what happens to me, sometimes. After I had many stressful hours, and then relax, all of a sudden a deep fatigue comes over me. I think that’s a normal reaction.

Now I don’t know if this may have been the case in your situation. That’s why I’m mentioning it. It’s just an idea to consider. If this does not apply to you, nothing is lost. If it does apply, then at least you now have an explanation.

Could you let me know if you recognise any of the above?

Thanks,

Rabelais

tanyanurse

I appreciate you input. I do not believe this is the case in this situation. I have experienced this before with certain foods. Peanuts is another one that causes me to feel like that is a matter of min. It may have been more like 4-5 minutes. I was happily putting items away, decided to taste my newly canned pickles and within a few min of ingesting them I developed brain fog more than the usual. Very disheartening as I had a few things I was planning on doing. And I specifically made that recipe of pickles thinking it was candida friendly and would not cause e to feel bad.

I do really appreciate your input thought. 🙂

Rabelais
    Blocked

Thanks for responding.

If the reaction is that quick, and if it isn’t stress (or relax) related, the only thing I can think of is the onset of digestion.

I’m thinking along the lines of saliva production, which starts even before you start eating. Maybe the production of stomach acid and the movements of the stomach’s muscular layer also start very quickly.

I don’t know how these reactions could lead to brain fog and fatigue, though. I can only guess. Do you experience extremely low blood sugar, or other digestion-related problems?

Rabelais

tanyanurse

no low blood sugar. Not sure what caused it. Guess I will stay away from the pickles.

tanyanurse

I just read both cloves and turmeric are anti fungals. Both of these ingredients were in my homemade pickles. That could be why I got brain fog within minutes of eating some on an empty stomach.

Rabelais
    Blocked

Do you mean you got your symptoms because of die-off? That would mean that the anti-fungals would do their work within minutes. That, in turn, would mean that the candida could only have been in your mouth or esophagus. In addition, the toxins from the dead candida cells would have had to enter your blood stream within minutes. All of this seems a bit unlikely, if you ask me.

On a different note, where did you get your turmeric?

Turmeric that’s imported directly from India has an almost 100% probability of being infested with aspergillus mold. Aspergillus excretes aflatoxins. Aflatoxins are toxic, expecially to the liver, and they are carcinogenic.

Turmeric must therefore be grown under controlled conditions, and even then it must be checked for aflatoxins. It is not sufficient to kill or remove the aspergillus, because the aflatoxins remain even after the aspergillus is gone.

Turmeric that comes from a reputable and checked source is generally safe.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not bashing on this single ingredient. It just suddenly appeared to me that you did use an ingredient that could potentially be unsafe, and I thought I’d better mention this to you. Of course if your turmeric comes from a reputable and checked source, there’s nothing to worry about.

Regards,

Rabelais

tanyanurse

The turmeric came from Kroger and I have had it for about 2 years

tanyanurse

My husband ate a couple as well without any problems.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ACV bad for me?’ is closed to new replies.