acupunture?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions acupunture?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Just did acupunture for the first time at my naturapath. It was relaxing so more to come, I told her of my complaints of my mucous acid reflux and bloating not going away. Well she said I eat way too much meat, too much cinnomon, garlic, and onions. So hopefully that will help, but she told me to add some brown rice, lentils and some beans. Also said to eat some sweet potatoes, she said my dysbiosis is getting better, my immune system is stronger. I was eating a ton of meat a day which she said keep it under ten 0z a day and if you can don’t have some on days. She said don’t add a ton of garlic powder or onion powder because my stomach is inflamed. Does that sound like it will work? I don’t react to rice as I eat it every three days, I get stomach pain from eggs now and the more protein I eat. She said after a week or two of this my bloating and reflux will be better, I hope she is right?!

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I think you ought to be careful about cutting back on the garlic as that may be helping with other symptoms… and maybe you just don’t realize it. It does sound like you eat a lot of meat but you also are very physically active.

Did you ask her about the Ptsd as well? I am glad it helped you! And I am glad that you went!

moochpb

she said just cut down on the garlic a bit then usual since it can hurt my acid reflux and bloating. She said the accupuncture will help ptsd also. Just will take time, I just hope my insurance covers it since its gonna be expensive. Im gonna try and eat meat only once a day and more turkey. I ate meat three times again because I was on the run training and going to naturapath all day. My energy feels better, she also said the high meat, protein isn’t helping my kidneys and I do feel a bit better with my kidneys. I m just an over the top person and have been my whole life lol. However I do want this bloating and reflux gone and I will feel so happy. I don’t have any other symptoms as of now. Allergies even feel better, so we will see. Thanks

Kag

Okay, I just know garlic is really good for you. I hope your insurance pays for it too!! It is worth every penny I think. If more insurances paid for stuff like acupuncture, less of us would be sick. Did you know that in China, they usually go to the acupunturist first, and the doctor second. 🙂 I am very lucky, my Mom is a hippie and she made me go because I didn’t believe in it, she also pays for it. Best Mom ever, handsdown. 🙂

moochpb

Lol. Your lucky. I just read my chiropractor does acupuncture, what is wrong with me? I’m gonna talk to him tomorrow. Garlic is a very good antioxidant that’s for sure but I wanna heal my reflux. Plus I dump cinnomon on everything, those are warm foods, I need to cool my inflammation down. The government wants us to be sick that’s why they don’t promote holistics. They want their money

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

Mooch, I do want to give acupunture a try myself as so many on here claim it helps them. I feel skeptical though that someone performing this procedure could determine how much of different types of food you are consuming. How in the world do they go about determining that?

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

She is right. Spicy and warming substances are not a good idea when inflammation is present. Substances that produce more heat will usually aggravate inflammation–Common sense. This is why some recommend putting aloe vera gel on burns or wounds its a “cooling” substance that will help tame down some of the inflammation.

The problem with the supplement industry is people can be so overloaded with the benefits/advertising of a item that they don’t consider the side effects as well. People can have the “more is better” attitude, when most of the time more can do more harm than good. People will think its “all natural” but don’t realize a lot of these substances have plant chemicals in them that can cause imbalances in the body. Also, people can have this frame of mind “its good for you” then they end up overdosing or overdoing it which cause some issues of its own. I learned the hard way on this way of thinking after going though a lot bad experiences working in the supplement industry. Listen to what your body tells you. You might have to eat very bland, easy to digest foods just to get tame down your gut temporarily.

moochpb

She was the one who said eat alot of garlic and meats and eggs. But now my bloating, and reflux aren’t better. So I did too much if it so it caused way too much inflammation. I just have to balance it back out. Trial and error. My yeast and sibo are getting better but my stomach is still inflamed

Kag

The thing is, in chinese medicine, there are warm foods that make yeast better because yeast is caused by dampness and liver stagnation. It makes sense if you think about it. Mooch, I am sure that your chiropractor is good, but most acupuncturist go to school for years to learn acupuncture, so just make sure you ask him where he learned. You need someone who know about nutrition and such.

moochpb

Ok I will, I ll cut some meat out not all. My Naturapath us good but she says have sprouted brown rice and people on here say don’t touch rice. Garlic is great but I’m doing way too much. She said not to take away all the hot foods cause then I’ll have an imbalance the other way

Kag

I think if you have candida overgrowth you should stay away from rice. If you do eat it, brown is obviously better because it is a whole grain. I am glad you are keeping some warm foods, we eat too many cold foods in the U.S.

moochpb

I eat rice maybe once a week, it’s sprouted brown rice

Kag

That isn’t very much so don’t you think it is okay? I eat a rice cake with almond butter and occasionally some blackberries. I think everybody needs something…

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

i wanna hear more about the hot/cold foods! so garlic, cinnamon are warming what else?

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Emsmith;37568 wrote: i wanna hear more about the hot/cold foods! so garlic, cinnamon are warming what else?

Warming foods are like ginger, root veggies, onions, meat, eggs…basically things that are spicy and comforting.

Cooling foods are like leafy greens, cucumbers, citrus, peppermint, cilantro, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini…things that are light, green, watery, that sort of thing.

A good way to help balance out hot or cold is by either warming yourself with ginger tea or cooling yourself with peppermint tea.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘acupunture?’ is closed to new replies.