Acetaldehyde

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Acetaldehyde

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Acetaldehyde is a fungal waste product belonging to the aldehyde group of toxins.

Most of the damage which is caused by Candida albicans is the result of this specific waste product. Acetaldehyde affects the metabolic, neurological, endocrine, and immune systems in human beings, and there are very few chemicals which are capable of creating as much havoc in the human body as acetaldehyde can. This is the same toxin which causes hangovers in heavy drinkers, and is believed to be the major source of tissue damage experienced by alcoholics rather than the alcohol itself (think about cirrhosis of the liver).

An enzyme in the human body called aldehyde oxidase is capable of breaking down the aldehyde toxins into less toxic substances therefore causing less trauma to the body. Aldehydes produced in the body by Candida or other means must be handled by aldehyde oxidase metabolic pathways. Aldehyde oxidase is dependent on the mineral molybdenum, riboflavin (vitamin B2), and iron. Ironically, Candida albicans are also dependent on iron which explains why those with a Candida albicans infestation will normally and eventually become deficient in iron. Obviously, taking a pure iron supplement would not be the answer to this problem since the Candida would make use of it. However, a supplement by the name of Apo-Lactoferrin can be taken instead of an iron supplement.

During heavy die-off symptoms a supplement of B2 could possibly help to lessen the toxins, and of course doses of Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate should be started before the treatment and taken off and on until the die-off completely stops occurring.

Able

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

With maac should we come off every so often or just based on symptoms? Im breaking out but expecting my period. Hard to tell sometimes.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Can I just use the molybdenum if money is short?

Able900
    Spectator

Emsmith;36256 wrote: With maac should we come off every so often or just based on symptoms? Im breaking out but expecting my period. Hard to tell sometimes.

After the initial and strongest die-off symptoms have ceased, hopefully after a few weeks, use the Molybdenum as needed. If you find that you need to continue with a high dose longer than a few weeks, you should drink Nettle Leaf Tea every day to protect the body from copper loss due to the fact that high levels of molybdenum taken over a period of time can interfere with the body’s uptake of copper.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

klips32;36279 wrote: Can I just use the molybdenum if money is short?

Sometimes we don’t have a choice. Just be sure that you have the correct form; Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate and not the regular molybdenum. You can also drink lots of water and take saunas or soak in a hot tub of water to help remove the toxins if they are severe.

Able

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

It is funny, I have been anemic twice in the last 4 years and never could figure out why. I guess I know why now. Hey Able, will the lacto-ferrin raise my levels of iron in the same way as an iron supplement. I would like advice on this because I think my iron levels are getting low again. I am sleeping an awful lot.

Able900
    Spectator

Kag;36302 wrote: It is funny, I have been anemic twice in the last 4 years and never could figure out why. I guess I know why now. Hey Able, will the lacto-ferrin raise my levels of iron in the same way as an iron supplement. I would like advice on this because I think my iron levels are getting low again. I am sleeping an awful lot.

You want to make certain that you purchase Apo-Lactoferrin and not the regular lactoferrin.

And no, the APOL will not raise your levels the way a pure iron supplement will, because if you try do it with pure iron, the Candida are going to continue to use it and it’ll be difficult for your iron level to rise even while taking the iron supplement.

Apo-Lactoferrin contains iron, so your iron level should rise easier with this supplement because it protects the iron supply from the Candida while adding iron to your body at the same time.

Able

Kag
    Replies: 402

Thanks Able! I will try to find this. I have been feeling extra tired lately and am craving crushed ice again which is always a sign of anemia in me.

Emsmith
    Participant

Able900;36280 wrote: If you find that you need to continue with a high dose longer than a few weeks, you should drink Nettle Leaf Tea every day to protect the body from copper loss due to the fact that high levels of molybdenum taken over a period of time can interfere with the body’s uptake of copper.

Able

I’ve been drinking 1 glass a day, but am anemic again and thinking this could be the cause. The box says 3-4 glasses a day, but who has time for that?

Able900
    Spectator

Emsmith;36490 wrote: I’ve been drinking 1 glass a day, but am anemic again and thinking this could be the cause. The box says 3-4 glasses a day, but who has time for that?

If you’re talking about iron deficiency anemia, there is no connection between Nettle Leaf Tea and iron. Nettle Leaf protects your body from losing copper, not iron.

If you’re deficient in iron, then you should be taking Apolactoferrin.

Able

Emsmith
    Participant

Able900;36537 wrote:

If you’re talking about iron deficiency anemia, there is no connection between Nettle Leaf Tea and iron. Nettle Leaf protects your body from losing copper, not iron.

If you’re deficient in iron, then you should be taking Apolactoferrin.

Able

I am thinking im not getting enough copper which also causes anemia. Ive been on the apolactoferrin for a few months and the anemia improved, but now my period is late, cold hands/feet. Most copper rich foods are not allowed, so should i drink more nettle or add a supplement? Looks like seaweed, black pepper, and oregano are some of the highest allowed items. Ill up these and the tea and see what happens.

shayfo
    Replies: 668

“Various factors influence copper absorption. For example, copper absorption is enhanced by ingestion of animal protein, citrate, and phosphate. Copper salts, including copper gluconate, copper acetate, or copper sulfate, are more easily absorbed than copper oxides[disambiguation needed].[30][31] Elevated levels of dietary zinc, as well as cadmium, high intakes of phytate and simple sugars (fructose, sucrose) inhibit dietary absorption of copper.[32][33][34][35][36][37][38] Furthermore, low levels of dietary copper inhibit iron absorption.
    Some forms of copper are not soluble in stomach acids and cannot be absorbed from the stomach or small intestine. Also, some foods may contain indigestible fiber that binds with copper. High intakes of zinc can significantly decrease copper absorption. Extreme intakes of Vitamin C or iron can also affect copper absorption, reminding us of the fact that micronutrients need to be consumed as a balanced mixture. This is one reason why extreme intakes of any one single micronutrient are not advised.[39] Individuals with chronic digestive problems may be unable to absorb sufficient amounts of copper, even though the foods they eat are copper-rich.”
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_in_health

This is interesting, since many of us are taking zinc, iron, and vitamin C (often lots of vitamin C)…also, the whole thing about us having chronic digestive problems :p

A few articles I read say that copper anemia and iron anemia are different things that are confused for one another, and other articles say copper deficiency leads to iron anemia. Em, what have you read?

Emsmith
    Participant

my other tea also has nettle so i’m getting more than 2 cups a day and still no cycle. def. taking more vitamin c and zinc than before the diet, but not overdoing it.

added chlorella and spirulina back in the last few days and will make some seaweed tonight, hoping this works, hardly eat meat, chicken maybe once/wk

Able900
    Spectator

Emsmith;36561 wrote: [I am thinking im not getting enough copper which also causes anemia. Ive been on the apolactoferrin for a few months and the anemia improved, but now my period is late, cold hands/feet. Most copper rich foods are not allowed, so should i drink more nettle or add a supplement? Looks like seaweed, black pepper, and oregano are some of the highest allowed items. Ill up these and the tea and see what happens.

Drink more of the tea, and you could take a copper supplement, but remember that copper can be toxic in high doses meaning taking more than your body needs, so I recommend getting it checked first.

I assume you’re taking Molybdenum if you think you have a copper deficiency. How long have you been taking the MAAC?

Able

Emsmith
    Participant

I’ve been taking the MAAC for about 3 months. The teas not quite as long, just 2 cups/day. I’ve got more arriving today and I’ll eat some seaweed too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Acetaldehyde’ is closed to new replies.