Acceptable Flours

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Acceptable Flours

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Am I right in thinking that Buckwheat, Flaxseed and Coconut flour/meal are allowed during stage one of the diet? What about almond flour/meal? I baked a coconut/almond bread a couple times before and didn’t notice any ill effects. What do others think?

Are there any other flours that are OK to consume?

Thanks.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Millet flour & oat bran but treat as test foods. Teff – but I’ve never tried it. Almond flour seems fine because the high baking temp kills the mould… or so the theory goes!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

M wrote: Am I right in thinking that Buckwheat, Flaxseed and Coconut flour/meal are allowed during stage one of the diet? What about almond flour/meal? I baked a coconut/almond bread a couple times before and didn’t notice any ill effects. What do others think? Are there any other flours that are OK to consume? Thanks.

Hello, M.

This is one of the reasons we have an allowed foods list, as you will see on the list, certain flours are allowed during phase 1 after the detox is completed.

Allowed Foods:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

The flours or substitutes are:

coconut flour
    buckwheat
    millet (test food item)
    tef or teff flour (test food item)
    oat bran flour
    brown rice bran flour

You could probably try almond four after about a month on the diet, but you really don’t need it with all the other choices available.

Able

Lucylu

Thanks for clarifying Able. I haven’t tried the almond flour yet but it seems to pop up a lot on the recipe board for desserts. As you say, I dont think I need it yet… might try it in a while.

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I should try out some of the other flours then. Any tips for making the breads slightly more moist and less dry? I’ve tried adding water but it didn’t make a huge difference. I’ve also tried adding natural, sugar-free yoghurt and coconut oil which helped a little.

Lucylu

Try addind some extra olive oil… btu most of them with be dry I’m afraid. It make it awkward to toast the slices but I poor loads & loads of coconut oil on when it’s still hot and it melts in and makes it plenty moist enough! It’s fairly normal not to be able to eat these breads straight – always have to toast/ grill it to make it palatable.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Have you considered trying savoury pancakes? They work well as a flatbread. Traditional French ones (galettes) are made with buckwheat flour. There’s a recipe here, which uses coconut ingredients and is gluten free. They can be made with water too. This is what I plan on trying when I introduce buckwheat anyway.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Acceptable Flours’ is closed to new replies.