Abx and candida cleanse

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Abx and candida cleanse

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CThomas 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ezim77
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi everyone – I am new to this!

I am currently on a Candida Cleanse – 1 week into it

I have to start a abx due to a root canal. Will taking the abx while doing the Candida cleanse defeat the whole purpose?

Thanks

Floggi
    Replies: 425

Sorry for asking something that may seem like a dumb question to you – but fact is, I don’t know the abbreviation abx, because English is a foreign language for me.

Does abx mean antibiotics?

If so, could you explain why antibiotics are needed if you get a root canal treatment? I have had seven or eight root canal treatments, and I have never had to use antibiotics.

ezim77

antibiotics

ezim77

they told me it was normal standard! I also have lyme disease – so it would help with that too! Need the abx for lyme also – but hoping it dont cause anymore candida

Floggi
    Replies: 425

Thanks for your answers.

Normal standard? Why??? As I wrote, I never had antibiotics for any of my root canals. There is simply no reason to prescribe them!

(But then, I live in a country that is known for its very low use of antibiotics.)

If you already use antibiotics for lyme, why use additional antibiotics?

Also take into account that there are different kinds of antibiotics. I don’t know the details, but different kinds of antibiotics work against different types of bacteria. Therefore, your statement that your dentist’s antibiotics would help combat your lyme may be either true or false – you should consult a knowledgeable doctor for an answer to that question.

I’m still wondering about the reason for taking antibiotics for a root canal. As I wrote, I never got them. No-one else ever got them for a root canal. If prescribing antibiotics for a root canal is standard practice, it’s about time to change that standard practice!

CThomas
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

I know many experts who would recommend stopping taking abx treatments until your candida has receded before starting again.

I would certainly tell your doctor about this & take professional advice about whether it’s best to stop the abx first until your candida has subsided somewhat.

Claire

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Abx and candida cleanse’ is closed to new replies.