Able: Trying to understand – some questions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Able: Trying to understand – some questions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  d.evaeus 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

d.evaeus
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

I am now just starting my fifth week on the diet, before which I did a one week cleanse. And actually I have for the most part been very glad to be on the diet, feeling my symptoms decrease and enjoying the taste of the simple food soooo much! I also haven’t cheated except for in my dreams 😉

About two weeks in to the diet I started drinking kefir and using buckwheat flour. I was very eager to drink the kefir, and increased quite quickly, impatient and challenged to make it in small batches. I also didn’t know exactly how to make it in the beginning and would sometimes taste som kefir which hadn´t fermented the extra 24-48 hours. I loved the bread baked with the buckwheat and felt how much physical power and energy it gave me.

Since sometime after the cleanse, week 2 or 3, my yeast infections (itching groin, anus, toes) have been quite strong. Level 3-4 on a scale 0-5 of experienced itchiness prior to the diet. I was wondering all along if I had had too much kefir too quickly, too much buckwheat (sometimes a small loaf/day? Or if the itchiness was simply die-off related? Reading forum posts, it seems like it is not a die-off symptom?

Five days ago I decided to stop eating buckwheat and see what happens. I also drank goats milk kefir for two days to try out. Since two days I have also stopped taking specific antifungals (coconut oil) to see if it can be die-off related.

I had missed part of the protocol saying to start taking 2 probiotic capsules after 10-14 days, I only started three days ago. Instead of buckwheat I am eating a serving of hemp seed flour with nearly every meal. Since yesterday I have very strong diarhea, before which I always had the tendency of being constipated during the diet.

The yeast infection itchiness has improved since 2-3 days. Now I am a bit confused as how to move forward. I had cow milk kefir today and started brewing a mix of coconut/goats milk kefir which will be ready in 3 days. I guess it would be important to have kefir soon again? I have a feeling the reactions are connected to the cow milk kefir and/or the buckwheat (too much?). I am also very puzzled about the diarrhea – can it be because I stopped with the antifungals which greatly decreased die-off or because of the increase in probiotics?

I am taking biotin, silymarin, vitamin c, zinc-magnesium-calcium and molybdenum chelated, nettle tea, l-tyrosine.

Would coconut flour maybe be better than buckwheat, although it seems to have a lot of sugar?

Thank you kindly in advance,
    Daniel

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I think maybe the probiotics can cause die-off… Also, coconut flour contains some antifungal properties as well and shouldn’t have that much more sugar than buckwheat. Coconut flour is also very fiber rich.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Daniel. Thank you for posting your concerns on the forum instead of a private message so that others can benefit from the various replies from different members.

I am now just starting my fifth week on the diet, before which I did a one week cleanse. And actually I have for the most part been very glad to be on the diet, feeling my symptoms decrease and enjoying the taste of the simple food soooo much! I also haven’t cheated except for in my dreams 😉

It’s good to see that your symptoms are decreasing and that you’re enjoying the foods on the diet so much. Cheating in your dreams is the perfect place and good advice, thanks.

About two weeks in to the diet I started drinking kefir and using buckwheat flour. I was very eager to drink the kefir, and increased quite quickly, impatient and challenged to make it in small batches. I also didn’t know exactly how to make it in the beginning and would sometimes taste som kefir which hadn´t fermented the extra 24-48 hours. I loved the bread baked with the buckwheat and felt how much physical power and energy it gave me.
    Since sometime after the cleanse, week 2 or 3, my yeast infections (itching groin, anus, toes) have been quite strong. Level 3-4 on a scale 0-5 of experienced itchiness prior to the diet.

Not fermenting the kefir long enough can cause some of the symptoms you described.

I was wondering all along if I had had too much kefir too quickly, too much buckwheat (sometimes a small loaf/day? Or if the itchiness was simply die-off related? Reading forum posts, it seems like it is not a die-off symptom?

It can be from diet-off; it could be the kefir that didn’t ferment long enough, or it could be too much too close together as far as the buckwheat and kefir, or it could be the buckwheat OR kefir. The point is, we can’t tell at this point.

I had missed part of the protocol saying to start taking 2 probiotic capsules after 10-14 days, I only started three days ago. Instead of buckwheat I am eating a serving of hemp seed flour with nearly every meal. Since yesterday I have very strong diarhea, before which I always had the tendency of being constipated during the diet.

You need to go slower with new foods. For example, you could have had a half serving of hemp the first day, a whole serving the second, and so on until you reached the amount you want to eat on a daily basis. This is going to be important with all of your supplements as well as any foods you try. It will simply make it easier to diagnose any problems that may show up.
    Diarrhea can be caused by die-off or a food that doesn’t agree with you. We can hope that it’s from die-off as this is a good way to react to it since it gets the toxins out of your body quickly. And Kag is right, probiotics can also cause die-off and therefore diarrhea.

The yeast infection itchiness has improved since 2-3 days. Now I am a bit confused as how to move forward.

In a word, “Slowly.”

I had cow milk kefir today and started brewing a mix of coconut/goats milk kefir which will be ready in 3 days. I guess it would be important to have kefir soon again? I have a feeling the reactions are connected to the cow milk kefir and/or the buckwheat (too much?). I am also very puzzled about the diarrhea – can it be because I stopped with the antifungals which greatly decreased die-off or because of the increase in probiotics?

We really have no way of knowing exactly what caused it, Daniel, I’m sorry but this is just the way it is most of the time with a Candida infestation and the treatment. Anyone can guess, but no one can know for sure unless it happens directly after one specific food or supplement. If I had to guess, I would guess that it’s from die-off.

I am taking biotin, silymarin, vitamin c, zinc-magnesium-calcium and molybdenum chelated, nettle tea, l-tyrosine.

Keep in mind that biotin is also capable of causing die-off symptoms.

Would coconut flour maybe be better than buckwheat, although it seems to have a lot of sugar?

I personally believe that coconut flour is safer, but that’s just from my own experience, and it may not be the same for everyone.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I had the runs for the first 2 weeks or so on the diet/protocol, so this is rather normal from my experience. If it doesn’t improve in time, then you need to be concerned. Killing off a bunch of crap in the body causes you to crap basically.

-raster

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

My experience is that kefir that is not fermentet long enough give more rashes, itching and so on. In the same areas as you describe.
    Cow milk yoghurt does too, and most other stuff that contains some form of processed/pure sugars (milk: lactose, kefir: cane sugar).
    I have not tried buckwheat yet, is this antifungal too? Seems like I missed something 🙂

Overall, every carbohydrate in a refined form (white rice, plain sugar, white bread) gives rashes, even when it’s in one of the “good” products like kefir, yoghurt or porbiotics.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Klips, buckwheat isn’t directly antifungal, but it’s prebiotic.

d.evaeus
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

I have just recovered from an intense one-week flu. Thank you for all your replies! I have some new questions brewing that I will post soon again… 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Able: Trying to understand – some questions’ is closed to new replies.