Able – protein ?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Able – protein ?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jennyska
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 26

Hi Able 🙂
    I do have a question for you – you know I was a vegetarian and I am continuing now – but I have found myself slowly not being interested in any animal protein whatsoever – I want to adopt a vegan lifestyle, but there is one thing I am concerned about – how to combine this diet with vegan lifestyle ? I was thinking mostly veggies, ocassionaly fruit in little portions, buckwheat and some other grains such as brown rice, quinoa again in little portions, some nuts (soaked overnight). I am a bit worried about protein so I was thinking : beans and beancurd(well , tofu) and “milk” such as almond, soy ? Plus of course antifungals and probiotics. I am aware that this way it will take longer to heal, but please be aware that I want to continue like this for a long time – adopt a lifestyle. What do you think > What should I do or not ?
    Thank you,
    Jenny

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

jennyska wrote: Hi Able 🙂
    I do have a question for you – you know I was a vegetarian and I am continuing now – but I have found myself slowly not being interested in any animal protein whatsoever – I want to adopt a vegan lifestyle, but there is one thing I am concerned about – how to combine this diet with vegan lifestyle ? I was thinking mostly veggies, ocassionaly fruit in little portions, buckwheat and some other grains such as brown rice, quinoa again in little portions, some nuts (soaked overnight). I am a bit worried about protein so I was thinking : beans and beancurd(well , tofu) and “milk” such as almond, soy ? Plus of course antifungals and probiotics. I am aware that this way it will take longer to heal, but please be aware that I want to continue like this for a long time – adopt a lifestyle. What do you think > What should I do or not ?
    Thank you,
    Jenny

Hi Jenny,
    if I am not mistaken, Able will surly correct that, have avocados a lot of protein.
    I read somewhere that one avocado covers you daily need. I eat more than that anyhow. I love them. If you want to use nuts, I know Able will tell you that they contain often mould. Here is a question to Able from me. Would it be possible to soak nuts in water with Hydrogen peroxide? Or have the nuts in the oven and warm them for about 10 Min in 100 degrees Celsius?

cheers
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would save the potatoes for a much later time; they contain starch and sugars which is to be avoided. Same with brown rice, you could develop an allergy to it over time or it could set back your recovery significantly.

Nuts that contain molds should be saved for phase 2 as well; even if you do soak them overnight. I only noticed negative consequences when I ate sunflower seeds and do not recommend the use of nuts.

Same with the beans; they contain starch which can feed the candida.

Tofu and soy products contain sugars and should be avoided. Rice milk is highly inflammatory and contains high levels of sugars per serving.

Almond milk contains molds and should be avoided if possible.

Alternatives include lots of greek yogurt, coconut/buckwheat/teff bread, eggs, and avocadoes just to name a few.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Jenny.

Exactly how long have you been on the diet now? The problems with adding all of the foods you’ve named are shown below, and of course the degree of possible harm depends on how long you’ve had Candida, how long you’ve been on the treatment, and your present Candida symptoms, which means to what degree of intensity the infestation has reached at this point.

Basically all fruit other than lemons, limes and possibly grapefruit will feed Candida.

Brown rice and quinoa are both grains which feed Candida.

Tofu and basically all modern soy products are fermented in a manner today that is not beneficial to a Candida treatment.

Beans are perfect for a low carb, sugar-free diet, but again, this depends on where you stand with the Candida infestation when you introduce these potential problem foods.

Almond milk is a test food just like dried beans once you’ve reached a favorable position with the treatment.

Soaking, drying, and then roasting nuts in an oven is a better way to protect yourself from mold.

Organic eggs and dried beans (later on) are the perfect protein choice for a Candida diet, but of course with a vegan diet, that leaves the valuable egg out of the picture. How unfortunate.

As I seem to be saying a lot lately, it’s your call.

Please be careful.
    Able

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thomas wrote: Here is a question to Able from me. Would it be possible to soak nuts in water with Hydrogen peroxide? Or have the nuts in the oven and warm them for about 10 Min in 100 degrees Celsius?

Hello, Thomas.

As I answered Jenny, soaking, drying, and then roasting the nuts is a better way to protect yourself from the mold they may contain.

Able

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Able900 wrote:

Here is a question to Able from me. Would it be possible to soak nuts in water with Hydrogen peroxide? Or have the nuts in the oven and warm them for about 10 Min in 100 degrees Celsius?

Hello, Thomas.

As I answered Jenny, soaking, drying, and then roasting the nuts is a better way to protect yourself from the mold they may contain.

Able

thanks, I learn all the time!!!:-)
    /Thomas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Able – protein ?’ is closed to new replies.