Able got a few questions: Can I eat these? Need some help please.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Able got a few questions: Can I eat these? Need some help please.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  timmyb 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

timmyb
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 37

Questions – Can I eat these?

1) apparently lemons have more citric acid than almost all fruit and veggies. How can it be ok to squeeze a whole lemon into water and drink it three times a day?
    2) How long do I have to keep drinking the lemon water 3 times a day? (I actually like it)
    3) How much coconut bread can I eat per day? I am always starving but coconut bread does have carbs and if I eat a whole bunch that would be a lot of carbs?
    4) Currently I just eat organic chicken, fish, organic eggs and green veggies. Can I also eat turkey, duck or other types of bird on stage one?
    5) What is the fattiest fish? I need more fat in my diet. I am loosing too much weight.
    6) Broccoli and avocado also have carbs. Can I load up on this as well. It seems like if I have a whole bunch that would boost up my carb count.
    7) Can I eat green beans? I read that they are a starchy veggie.
    8) Wouldn’t eating scrambled eggs be too much cholesterol? Is any of that yoke beneficial or should I just hard boil them and take the yoke out?
    9) What is the deal with SF722? That stuff is touted as being good to take for Candida. Is it a scam? I bought a bottle and the gel caps are just filled with tilapia oil. Apparantly tilapia is not considered to be a beneficial fish because the ratio of omega 6 to 3 is off. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilapia
    10) Fish, chicken and veggies have very little calcium. How much should I supplement daily?
    11) How much probiotic should I take daily. I am currently on the 50B cirtical care.
    12) Ordering the probiotic online is almost 50% cheaper but it doesn’t come refridgerated. Should I just go to the actual store and buy that particular vitamin since they keep it cold?
    13) How much of these should I take every day:
    14) Vit C
    15) Garlic capsules
    16) Coconut oil
    17) Oil of oregano
    18) SF722
    19) Omega 3
    20) What should die off feel like? Wish I got it so I would know that I was actually making progress. I take all that stuff mentioned in #13

Thank you for all your input!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Timmy, your concerned are addressed below.

1) Apparently lemons have more citric acid than almost all fruit and veggies. How can it be ok to squeeze a whole lemon into water and drink it three times a day?
    Reply: Lemons, limes, and grapefruits are all in this category. The reason that they are set apart from other fruits (even though have an alkalizing effect on the body), is the amount of tiny amount of sugar they each contain little sugar, plus they each contain an abundance of oxygen which acts as an antifungal.
    To show you the difference in sugar content; a serving of red grapes contains 20 grams of sugar, both one orange and one apple contains 23 grams, but there are only 1.5 grams of sugar on one average size lemon.
    Speaking of alkalizing foods; you won’t be able to change the general pH balance in your body to become overly acidic with foods during the diet or hopefully at any other time, because if you do, you’re simply eating the wrong foods. For the most part, the body is able to adjust its own pH balance with built-in adjustors.
    The lower intestines and colon are the parts of the body that are most affected by becoming over-alkalized because of the sugar and carbohydrates ingested; on an average basis, it’s not caused by alkalizing foods, however, one of the few ways one can contract the infestation is by overeating sugary fruit which has an alkalizing effect plus sugar which feeds the Candida. Once the Candida has multiplied in the lower digestion tract, they put off huge amounts of alcohol toxins which alkalizes the area. The only thing that will change the pH of the lower intestines is huge amounts of beneficial bacteria which will build flora that will eventually destroy the Candida.

2) How long do I have to keep drinking the lemon water 3 times a day? (I actually like it)
    Reply: At least for the first few weeks while you need to detoxify your body. Then you can continue this at least once a day off and on for while you’re on the treatment if you wish to.

3) How much coconut bread can I eat per day? I am always starving but coconut bread does have carbs and if I eat a whole bunch that would be a lot of carbs?
    Reply: There’s really nothing in the coconut bread recipe on the site which can hinder your treatment, so you could eat up to three to five slices depending on whether a person needs to gain or lose weight. In your case, at least five slices a day. Try adding avocados and increasing the coconut oil for extra calories.

4) Currently I just eat organic chicken, fish, organic eggs and green veggies. Can I also eat turkey, duck or other types of bird on stage one?
    Reply: Yes you can, but I would limit the intake to no more than 3 to 4 times a week, unless you simply can’t get by without the extra protein from these foods. As you’ve probably read from previous posts, it’s much better for you if you can obtain most of your protein from organic eggs.
    You can also add avocados as I mentioned, plus turnips and rutabaga. Treat the rutabaga as a very strong antifungal, meaning start with only a small amount if you’ve not had it on the diet before. It can produce really bad die-off symptoms.

5) What is the fattiest fish? I need more fat in my diet. I am losing too much weight.
    Reply: For weight gain, concentrate on the coconut bread, coconut oil, and avocados. The concern for fish shouldn’t be the fat, but rather the amount of mercury in the fish. The lowest mercury-content fish are herring (sardines) or wild salmon.

6) Broccoli and avocado also have carbs. Can I load up on this as well? It seems like if I have a whole bunch that would boost up my carb count.
    Reply: Yes.

7) Can I eat green beans? I read that they are a starchy veggie.
    Reply: There are different reports written about green beans. Some tests show that they are not a starch, others state that they are a ‘low starch’ vegetable. So, yes you can eat them, but I wouldn’t eat them every single day; instead use green beans as a fill-in for other vegetables in order to vary the diet. They shouldn’t be a problem unless you simply eat them every day and several times a day.

8) Wouldn’t eating scrambled eggs be too much cholesterol? Is any of that yoke beneficial or should I just hard boil them and take the yoke out?
    Reply: Don’t remove the yoke, just eat the entire egg. Over half of the protein that an egg contains is in the yoke.
    Newer research on eggs show that eggs actually contain 14% less cholesterol and are 64% higher in vitamin D than the older research had claimed.
    When looking at the cholesterol levels of food such as eggs and coconut, one should consider that there are other important factors at play in each food item. One factor to consider is that eggs, while still relatively high in cholesterol, are very low in saturated fats, and research studies show that it isn’t the cholesterol in foods, but rather the saturated fat which normally raises the risk of heart disease.
    To give you an example, I’m a 34 year old male, since I eat no red meat or pork, I have at least three organic eggs every day and my cholesterol levels are better than normal.
    Another very important factor about eggs is, even though a good amount of cholesterol may be consumed when an egg is eaten, most of the cholesterol becomes “unavailable for absorption” because of the high content of phospholipids (lecithin) found in eggs. As you see by this statement, lecithin prohibits the absorption of cholesterol; in fact, a lecithin supplement is often recommended for patients with high cholesterol in order to lower the cholesterol level. In addition, eggs actually contain a better, higher quality of protein than the protein meat, milk or fish.

9) What is the deal with SF722? That stuff is touted as being good to take for Candida. Is it a scam? I bought a bottle and the gel caps are just filled with tilapia oil. Apparently tilapia is not considered to be a beneficial fish because the ratio of omega 6 to 3 is off. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilapia
    Reply: As you may know, undecenoic acid, which is the basis of SF722, is derived from castor oil, and a lot of those with Candida swear by it, but right now I can’t recall anyone ever claiming that it actually cured them any quicker than when coconut oil is added to the treatment.
    The SF722 formula belongs to the famous Dr. McCombs, with whom I’ve disagreed many times. He has his own specific diet for his patients and followers; for example, while on his diet you can have both fruit and potatoes, which in my opinion adds to the length of time of your treatment in a huge way. First of all, fruit is alkalizing and fruits are basically full of sugar, and potatoes are a starch which everyone should know by now feeds the Candida.
    However, I see no problem with taking undecenoic acid, but I would try to find another brand other than that of McCombs. I have no idea what the reason for the tilapia is, because you’re right about the omega 6-3 count; it’s ridiculous to put this in the ingredients when better sources are available.

10) Fish, chicken and veggies have very little calcium. How much should I supplement daily?
    Reply: You should always take magnesium along with calcium as they depend on each other for absorption, and taking only one can cause a deficiency.
    To obtain 100% of the daily requirement for each, you need 1,000 mg of the calcium and 400 mg of the magnesium. This ratio is available in several brands, but by no means all of them, so be sure the read the labels carefully.

11) How much probiotic should I take daily? I am currently on the 50B critical care.
    Reply: That depends on how long you’ve been on that amount and whether or not you’re experiencing die-off symptoms.

12) Ordering the probiotic online is almost 50% cheaper but it doesn’t come refrigerated. Should I just go to the actual store and buy that particular vitamin since they keep it cold?
    Reply: That’s what I would do. But remember that this alone will not do what you need done, you will need to eat kefir and yogurt as well, preferably homemade.

13) How much of these should I take every day:
    14) Vit C
    Reply: Work your way up to 3000 mg a day, 1000 mg three times a day. You don’t need to take these with food.

15) Garlic capsules
    Reply: If you’re eating fresh garlic at least once a day (which you should be), you could get by with taking a pill after each meal.

16) Coconut oil
    Again, you should to start slowly and work your way up to avoid die-off. For anyone who started using it, start with 1 or 2 teaspoons a day, each taken after a meal. Raise that by 1 or 2 teaspoons every few days until you reach 14 to 16 teaspoons a day.

17) Oil of oregano
    Reply: Purchase the liquid form and start slowly, maybe 1 to 2 drops a day and move up very slowly to about 8 to 10 drops; divide the 8 to 10 drops into at least three doses a day. If the taste is as terrible for you as it is to others, you can purchase empty vegetable capsules and put drops in them up to 5 drops at a time. If you choose not to put the drops into capsules, you should drop a few drops at a time into a glass of water to take. “North American Herb & Spice (NAHS) Super Strength P73 Wild Mediterranean Oil of Oregano” is the better quality brand, and it contains no alcohol which some brands do.

18) SF722
    Reply: I have no idea as I’ve never researched this in the use of Candida.

19) Omega 3
    Reply: 450 mg taken three times a day is a good dosage.

20) What should die off feel like? Wish I got it so I would know that I was actually making progress. I take all that stuff mentioned in #13
    Reply: The symptoms of die-off feels a lot like you’re taking the flu, or sometimes, like you already have it.
    If you’re taking all the supplements you’ve named, you’re making progress, that is as long as you’re sticking to the diet.
    As far as feeling the die-off symptoms, actually you should aim your treatment at trying not to experience the die-off symptoms at all. Die-off causes a toxic and poison overload of the liver which in turn causes the liver to go into overdrive, and the toxic overload is just as bad for the liver as it sounds.
    When you experience die-off symptoms, it’s a direct result of the liver not being able to handle the amount of detoxification necessary for the amount of toxins and poisons being released. It’s easy to see how continuing with die-off symptoms over and over again can damage the liver itself.
    If you begin to experience long and frequent episodes of die-off, you would definitely need to correct this. The first way to correct it is to work at having milder symptoms of die-off and episodes which occur further apart by spacing your antifungal doses further apart and/or lowering the doses. This is especially true once you start the probiotics, kefir and Greek yogurt. Another way is to have a product available to take on a daily basis when you are on the diet plus taking antifungals and probiotics, because if you have Candida, and you’re doing all of this, then your body is definitely going through die-off and your liver is being overworked by toxins- whether you’re feeling it or not.
    The products are Molybdenum and Candidate by Native Remedies and they’re perfect for treating die-off symptoms.
    “Aldehydes” are the primary toxin released by ruptured Candida fungi and is the major toxin responsible for Candida die-off symptoms. Aldehydes are a central nervous system exciteotoxin, and a long-term release of these toxins can lead to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Fibromyalgia, and Alzheimer’s.
    Molybdenum is an essential trace mineral and not a medication; it’s found naturally in the human body, and its function is required for the job of certain enzymes which are involved in eliminating toxic substances from the body. You can take Molybdenum at a dose of 250 mcg after a meal at least three times a day during the die-off symptoms and one a day for maintenance.
    Candidate by Native Remedies is more of an immediate relief of die-off symptoms, relieving the fatigue, headaches, nausea, and the flu-like symptoms that are a part of die-off.

Able

timmyb

Awesome info! Thank you so much for the very detained and what I would assume time consuming reply.

Just wanted to clarify a few things:

1) I can take greek yogurt on stage 1? What kind should I get and how much and how often can I take it?
    2) Wanted to confirm that I also can take kefir on stage one? Seems like that and yogurt would be like drinking milk. Once again what kind, how much and how often? I don’t really have time to make the kefir or yogurt but I can pick up whatever I have to at wholefoods.
    3) Regarding the garlic. You mentioned I should have raw garlic in addition to having my garlic tablet. How much of that should I take?
    I tried it once a long time ago and it made me smell and the stuff seemed super bitter. I mean I can down whatever I have to but just wanted to get your take on the garlic thing.
    4) I assume roasting garlic is not a good idea?

You should write a book on the candida diet. I would totally buy it
    Thank you for all your help Able
    Tim

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

1) I can take greek yogurt on stage 1? What kind should I get and how much and how often can I take it?

Reply: You can make it yourself by purchasing the starter, or you can purchse either Fage or Okios brand of organic non-sweetened Greek yogurt. Fage seems to be richer, but either will work. Kefir is actually richer in the beneficial flora than yogurt.

2) Wanted to confirm that I also can take kefir on stage one? Seems like that and yogurt would be like drinking milk. Once again what kind, how much and how often? I don’t really have time to make the kefir or yogurt but I can pick up whatever I have to at whole foods.

Reply: Yes stage 1, but not until about two weeks into the diet, and start very slowly with about three bites the first time. Raise the amount slowly because it may cause die-off, although the kefir is more likely to as it is much stronger. Don’t start kefir and yogurt in the same week, but space them about three weeks apart.

3) Regarding the garlic. You mentioned I should have raw garlic in addition to having my garlic tablet. How much of that should I take?
    I tried it once a long time ago and it made me smell and the stuff seemed super bitter. I mean I can down whatever I have to but just wanted to get your take on the garlic thing.

Reply: You don’t have to eat garlic if you’d rather not; it was just a suggestion as it’s a good antifungal. If you can manage to eat it, one to three times a day is sufficient, especially if you take the pill form as well. If you take only the pills, you can slowly raise the dose to two pills at each meal. Remember to always start slowly with any antifungal, even food if it’s an antifungal.

4) I assume roasting garlic is not a good idea?

Reply: Actually, this would be ok, especially if it helps you to eat it, just don’t over roast it.

Able

timmyb

Thanks again Able.
    I appreciate all your help!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Timmy,

Dr. Mccoomb stated that candida can actually adapt to capryllic acid intake after about 6-8 weeks, and thats why he recommend undeucenic acid(mispell) because the candida cannot adapt to it as easily.

The same goes for all anti-fungals…candida can adapt to most anti-fungals, so it is best to alternate the ones you take (I didnt know this).

I also agree with Able with some of his statements about Dr. Mccoomb’s “plan” because his plan includes sugary fruits, vegetables, and beef. I feel that these shouldn’t be in the diet until stage 2.

There is kefir and a few other natural probiotic foods that can put more beneficial flora in your body.

I like and prefer raw garlic…I feel that it is much more potent.

timmyb

Hi,
    So I it’s best to rotate the anitfungals? I was under the impression that some of the anitfungals are ok to take without taking a break from them.
    Right now I take the following all at once throughout the day:
    Garlic tabs
    Coconut oil
    SF722
    Oil of Oregano
    Capryllic acid caps
    Probiotic 50B critical care

I am pretty sure some of these I can take indefinitely. But not too sure?
    So far I haven’t noticed a change. Other than a little light headedness and some weakness. As far as my seborrheic dermatitis that hasn’t changed. I have been on the diet for 1 week now. Nothing but chicken fish eggs and veggies.
    Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouln’t worry about rotating the anti-fungals at this moment. Eventually in like a month or two, you may want to consider changing it up and trying something else.

Oil of oregano is one of the strongest and I have feeling this is effective throughout the diet because of its potency. Maybe after you are done with the vial, try something else…

Coconut oil (aka capryllic acid) is good for the first 6-8 weeks (in high doses) but after that is isn’t nearly effective. It doesn’t mean stop it, but maybe just reduce the amount you ingest (if you are eating a ton of it). It has many positive health properties, so I wouldn’t worry.

timmyb

ok great. Thanks for the input. I will keep it up then for a few more weeks and see where I am at.
    Tim

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Able got a few questions: Can I eat these? Need some help please.’ is closed to new replies.