Able, can you please look at this

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Able, can you please look at this

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

jennyska
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 26

Hi,
    I have not been here for a long time, because my symptoms have worsened and I had to look for another help – I had very detailed allergy test taken and here I am – having a hystamine intolerance (quite high) causing some of my symptoms . The hystamine intolerance according to my allergologist is connected to candida albicans ( I couldnt believe a doctor actually knows this and is speaking to me about something I knew for such a long time!).. But back to topic – the hystamine intolerance requires me to have a very specific and strict diet – including mainly veggies like carrots, onions.. well all except for spinach, tomatoes and cucumber. This is a good part.. But the only things left I can consume are : potatoes, pasta, pure milk, cottage cheese, oats, certain fruits, some nuts and some meats (pure and organic, but I do not eat meat.) . The problem is now – how do I combine it ? I can take probiotics and I am taking Bion 3 vitamins (they are pure and quite good). From those foods, which ones do you think can actually help me to fight candida at the same time ? Thank you 🙂
    Jenny

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

jennyska wrote: Hi,
    I have not been here for a long time, because my symptoms have worsened and I had to look for another help – I had very detailed allergy test taken and here I am – having a hystamine intolerance (quite high) causing some of my symptoms . The hystamine intolerance according to my allergologist is connected to candida albicans ( I couldnt believe a doctor actually knows this and is speaking to me about something I knew for such a long time!).. But back to topic – the hystamine intolerance requires me to have a very specific and strict diet – including mainly veggies like carrots, onions.. well all except for spinach, tomatoes and cucumber. This is a good part.. But the only things left I can consume are : potatoes, pasta, pure milk, cottage cheese, oats, certain fruits, some nuts and some meats (pure and organic, but I do not eat meat.) . The problem is now – how do I combine it ? I can take probiotics and I am taking Bion 3 vitamins (they are pure and quite good). From those foods, which ones do you think can actually help me to fight candida at the same time ? Thank you 🙂
    Jenny

Hi Jenny,
    please lets talk a bit more to each other as I got years ago the same diagnose. I couldn’t make anything out of it and all the mixed symptoms drove me nut. Doing the diet against candida, helped maybe getting the candida dying down, but I had my reactions still and I believe these where the histamine overproduction which stresses out my body resulting than later in panic attacks. It would be great to follow you along as I have no idea how to tackle the problem. I tried antihistamine but didnt find much help in them either. Then there are DAO capsules too but I don’t have much experience with it. Hope to hear more from you!

yours
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Jen, it’s been a while. I was hoping you were so well that you had in fact forgotten about us. Really sorry to hear that isn’t the case.

The histamine intolerance according to my allergologist is connected to candida albicans

Unfortunately, that connection exists because the Candida toxins have the ability to liberate histamine from body’s mast cells which are a part of the immune system. Cure the infestation, and I’d bet my home that the histamine problem would be cured as well.

There’s actually a medical condition known as Histadelia; it’s commonly characterized by an elevated level of histamine in the blood. This condition is usually accompanied by various other symptoms, one of which is a low level of serotonin which can cause depression leading to extreme internal anxiety and insomnia.

The “short” list of high histamine foods:
    Beer, wine and champagne, walnuts, sunflower seeds, peanuts, and cashews. Bread made with yeast, pizza, cheese, avocados, sauerkraut, spinach, eggplant, tomatoes, mushrooms, canned vegetables. Processed or smoked meats (ham, salami, bacon, etc.), kiwi, pineapple, strawberries, tangerines, mango, grapefruit, red prunes, bananas and papayas; ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, balsamic or red wine vinegar. When we purchase fresh foods and then store them in our refrigerator, they gain a higher histamine level during their maturation process. As the freshness diminishes, the histamine count goes up.

Jen and Thomas; A product available in Europe and the US called “Histame” is supposedly one of the first products which regulate the histamine levels simply by replenishing the body’s digestive enzyme, DAO which is a histamine-absorbing enzyme. If you’re interested in checking this supplement, here are the company’s two websites. I would imagine there other brands of DOA which do the same thing.

Europe: http://histame.com/how-to-use-histame

USA: https://histame.com/press/53-histame-available-in-united-states

As far as the foods you can eat are concerned, try this; take a copy of our diet and a copy of the diet you were given by your doctor, compare the two lists. The foods that are on both lists, you can obviously eat, if a food is on one list but not the other, then assume that you shouldn’t eat it. Try that and let’s see what foods you have left.

Able

Thomas

Thank you Able! I will do that!

Able you know a lot about supplements and the functioning of the body. Can you help me to understand this here? As it looks to me have the histadelia sufferer a lack of B6 vitamins. (which I believe is a folic acid? Or is it not) A lack of the B-vitamin complex is found in a lot of people with depression, panic attacks, suicidal tendencies. What confuses me is the statement that one should off course supplement the lack of vitamin B6 in histadelia but at the same time they wrote that here:

* Vitamin Folic Acid: Histadelics should avoid supplemental
    folic acid as it can produce excess histamine. In fact,
    anti-folate drugs may be required. Folic acid increases
    depression in histadelic patients and a trial of folic
    acid could be used to distinguish between histapenics and
    histadelics. In extreme cases, folic acid in food or in
    multivitamins is enough to produce the adverse effects.

but then this here, does that make sense?
    Typical treatment includes such nutrients as calcium,
    magnesium, B6, C, zinc, manganese, and methionine (SAMe),
    and limitation of intake of folic acid and histidine (common
    in animal proteins). If the histadelic cooperates with
    treatment and works to give up detrimental addictions, the
    prognosis is good.

What is folic acid and where do we find it? It looks to me that this is a no no to histadelics? But how to get B-vitamins without the folic acids. If a histadelic gets problems from acids, will that make problems for me to take the Molebydenum? Is that not an Acid? If the SF722 not too an acid? Do you think it is possible I felt so terrible in the time spent on this diet because I got too much acid into me and my problems with the histamine exploded backwards?

Can you please teach me Able?

Jenny: what are your sympthoms?
    What kind of antihistamine are you taking? I heard that there are different ones. One adresses the issues in the stomach, the other is for the nose, eyes and lungs, and the third type is for the brain and blood area.

How did you figure out you have it. My doctor here in Sweden says that one cant test it when I ask him for a re-fresh test. 30 years ago I was tested while living in Germany for allergies because I felt so bad. They said they didnt find anything but I had lots of Histamine in my blood. They said thats not bad and killing me, lots of thinking people have it and I should eat antihistamin. But that stuff made me tired and didnt help much.

Could you tell me about your test, sympthoms, and what you are doing against it?

thank you
    Thomas

jennyska

Hi Thomas 🙂
    Certainly. I have already written you a message, but apart from that – I was very lucky to meet my allergologist – my symptoms include all of those histamine intolerant people have – skin rush, swollen eyes and face, pain in the eyes, diarrhea, problem swith concetration and depression and mostly tiredness. These symptoms are however, as she pointed out directly related to candida overgrowth. She suggested to me a diet from 2-6 weeks, to get my histamine levels back to normal and then continue with anti candida diet till I feel better. I am not taking any pills or whatsovever, because I am against these chemicals, but what she suggested was to take daosin whenever I feel like I am going to have something which might prompt my symptoms. On the other hand, I am taking carefully selected vitamins and probiotics. Oh and the tests – I was being constantly tested for a long time now – with pipe trough the stomach, allergy tests and constant monitoring of improvement or not -the tests that are done in my country are very specific – from your blood, it is then sent to special laboratory and you wait for results for almost two months. But this is not a normal procedure. My allergologist only did it, because she had a feeling that this might be the source of my problem.
    Jenny

Thomas

jennyska wrote: Hi Thomas 🙂
    Certainly. I have already written you a message, but apart from that – I was very lucky to meet my allergologist – my symptoms include all of those histamine intolerant people have – skin rush, swollen eyes and face, pain in the eyes, diarrhea, problem swith concetration and depression and mostly tiredness. These symptoms are however, as she pointed out directly related to candida overgrowth. She suggested to me a diet from 2-6 weeks, to get my histamine levels back to normal and then continue with anti candida diet till I feel better. I am not taking any pills or whatsovever, because I am against these chemicals, but what she suggested was to take daosin whenever I feel like I am going to have something which might prompt my symptoms. On the other hand, I am taking carefully selected vitamins and probiotics. Oh and the tests – I was being constantly tested for a long time now – with pipe trough the stomach, allergy tests and constant monitoring of improvement or not -the tests that are done in my country are very specific – from your blood, it is then sent to special laboratory and you wait for results for almost two months. But this is not a normal procedure. My allergologist only did it, because she had a feeling that this might be the source of my problem.
    Jenny

Whow, you are really blessed to know what is wrong. That will make you battle much easier. As you sympthoms and my old information that I have a high account of histamine in my blood. I would like to follow your diet along. Are you taking any antihistamines or supplements? You wrote you dont like them but you too said taht you take vitamins and probiotics? Is it important to check them against reactions which might be ok for a candida sufferer but would not work for a person having too much histamine in the blood. I have the feeling I am reacting strongly to probiotics. Thank you for sharing your story and knowleadge.

yours
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Thomas.

A lack of the B-vitamin complex is found in a lot of people with depression, panic attacks, suicidal tendencies.

What makes that interesting to me is that a lack of B vitamins is also found in nearly everyone with a Candida infestation.

You asked about folic acid;
    The other name for B6 is pyridoxine or pyridoxine hydrochloride.

Folic acid is also known as vitamin B9.

Folic acid or B9 is a form of folate. Folate impacts the diffusion of histamine levels in the body, in other words it decreases the histamine’s negative influence on the body. However, people with high histamine levels usually obtain their major source of folate protection from folic acid, but they’re unable to convert the folic acid into the active form of folate. Therefore, their histamine levels are normally on the high side.

As you can see by this, taking a supplement of folic acid would just add more of the inactive form of folate to the problem.
    However, I mentioned DOA last night, and this is a synthetic form of the enzyme that breaks down histamine. This supplement is called Histame® in the USA and Canada, but it’s sometimes called DIASIN® in Finland, Denmark and Sweden. This can help in lowering histamine levels until the folate status and function can be improved.

The product you mentioned called SAMe is also beneficial because of the essential amino acid called methionine. This amino acid acts as a histamine inhibitor. But when using SAMe, keep in mind that with this supplement, too much can be just as bad as not enough. This is why obtaining as much as possible of this from your food is beneficial. Foods that contain methionine include meat, fish, dairy products, fruits and vegetables and vegetable juices, also fermented foods such as sauerkraut, and kefir is extremely rich in methionine. By the way, methionine also raises the body’s glutathione levels which results in a stronger immune system.

will that make problems for me to take the Molybdenum?

No, it shouldn’t, Thomas.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I think I also had a histamine problem in the past but I am unsure whether I still have it. I was wondering what symptoms one would have if they have high histamine levels? What if they no longer have these symptoms, should they still be concerned? Can elevated histamine levels cause candida or the other way around?

I don’t really know much about the subject so am interested in learning more…

-raster

catlover345
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 43

I have a problem with burning and really inflammed skin. I know the cause for it is the overproduction of oil in my skin due to my sebherroric deramitis.. do you think this could also be linked with a hestimine problem?

Also, i know the adrenel glands have some inolvement in the production of particular hormones… and since hormones also are the cause in some people to have abornormally oily skin.. do you think damage of adrenal glands could also be a cause? my skin condition has already been proven to be linked with candida albicans.

Thomas

Able900 wrote: Hello, Thomas.

A lack of the B-vitamin complex is found in a lot of people with depression, panic attacks, suicidal tendencies.

What makes that interesting to me is that a lack of B vitamins is also found in nearly everyone with a Candida infestation.

You asked about folic acid;
    The other name for B6 is pyridoxine or pyridoxine hydrochloride.

Folic acid is also known as vitamin B9.

Folic acid or B9 is a form of folate. Folate impacts the diffusion of histamine levels in the body, in other words it decreases the histamine’s negative influence on the body. However, people with high histamine levels usually obtain their major source of folate protection from folic acid, but they’re unable to convert the folic acid into the active form of folate. Therefore, their histamine levels are normally on the high side.

As you can see by this, taking a supplement of folic acid would just add more of the inactive form of folate to the problem.
    However, I mentioned DOA last night, and this is a synthetic form of the enzyme that breaks down histamine. This supplement is called Histame® in the USA and Canada, but it’s sometimes called DIASIN® in Finland, Denmark and Sweden. This can help in lowering histamine levels until the folate status and function can be improved.

The product you mentioned called SAMe is also beneficial because of the essential amino acid called methionine. This amino acid acts as a histamine inhibitor. But when using SAMe, keep in mind that with this supplement, too much can be just as bad as not enough. This is why obtaining as much as possible of this from your food is beneficial. Foods that contain methionine include meat, fish, dairy products, fruits and vegetables and vegetable juices, also fermented foods such as sauerkraut, and kefir is extremely rich in methionine. By the way, methionine also raises the body’s glutathione levels which results in a stronger immune system.

will that make problems for me to take the Molybdenum?

No, it shouldn’t, Thomas.

Able

Thank you Able, where do you pick all these infos from? I google the net and dont find much usefull stuff. I think I understand you on the surface of things. Having a histamine problem I know that I should not have fermented foods at all cost. Sauerkraut is a big no no. Everything fermented or ripe either. Like wine, old hard cheese etc. But a big no are citrus fruits. No avocados, no olive oil etc. Is acid not acid? If I am not allowed citric acid or folic acid. How can it then be ok to have Molybdenum? If I remember was it not so that this too is a acid? I was reading on the bottle SF 722 that it is a undecenoic acid. Is acid = acid?

What surprised me was the fact that adrenalin is used to break down if DAO cant manage the job. Do you remember that dreadful night I experienced with all the tremors and stuff and you told me that it probably was adrenalin Able?

Raster, the sympthoms are equal to the candida. Therefore it is so confusing. It gets real confusing if you have both conditions. It is not easy to find a way out and one feels like being trapped. What kind of acid is coconut oil, and line oil? All these are very good for the average person but what about a person with too much histamine? The trouble is that kefir and yoghurt are too a no no for a histadelia sufferer.

thank you
    thomas

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

catlover345 wrote: I have a problem with burning and really inflammed skin. I know the cause for it is the overproduction of oil in my skin due to my sebherroric deramitis.. do you think this could also be linked with a hestimine problem?

Also, i know the adrenel glands have some inolvement in the production of particular hormones… and since hormones also are the cause in some people to have abornormally oily skin.. do you think damage of adrenal glands could also be a cause? my skin condition has already been proven to be linked with candida albicans.

Do you have any issues with psychological stress? You might find this video interesting. There could be multiple factors that contribute to your skin problems, but I’d be surprised if curing your candida problem and improving your overall health didn’t solve them.

Able900
    Spectator

Thank you Able, where do you pick all these infos from? I google the net and dont find much usefull stuff.

Thomas, I normally obtain my reading and research from research journals and published grant studies from various universities.

How can it then be ok to have Molybdenum? If I remember was it not so that this too is a acid?

Molybdenum is an essential element or mineral, and not an acid. I posted a photo of it below. A nice looking ‘rock’ – yes?

I was reading on the bottle SF 722 that it is a undecenoic acid. Is acid = acid?

Not in the sense you’re thinking, Thomas. What we have to understand is that there are good acids, and there are ‘bad’ acids. For example, you can’t digest your food at all without acid being present in the stomach, but that’s not the only benefit that acids play in the health of a human being.

Acids protect the body from pathogens that may otherwise enter the bloodstream through the digestive system.

Also, the nutrients (from our food) that we need to make that stomach acid depend on acids in order to absorb the nutrients. If sounds like a cycle, it is, which means that we need acids available basically around the clock.

Chronic acid reflux results only when there’s a lack of stomach acid.

It’s a scientifically known fact that stomach acid declines as we age which leads to the loss of collagen, elastin, and chondroitin which occurs naturally in the body to cushion our joints and protect us from such illnesses as arthritis. If this list sounds like maybe they’re the same symptoms of aging, they are. That’s because, without acids, we would probably age ten times faster than we do, that is if we can remain alive without the acids.

We were talking about B vitamins earlier; did you know that vitamin B6, B12 and folate depend on a sufficient amount of stomach acid for their absorption into the body and bloodstream?

And then there’s the stomach acid called hydrochloric acid. We would all be suffering from, and I’m not exaggerating, life-threatening allergic reactions if not for hydrochloric acid. That’s because proteins are not broken down properly without this acid being present; proteins that are not broken down enter the bloodstream as they are and form antigens. These would lead to the life threatening allergies in the body.

I also mentioned that there are ‘bad acids’ … these are the organic acids of bad fermentation of foods in the stomach and intestines, and they’re the ones that cause all the trouble. But the bad acids will only appear if there is an insufficient amount of hydrochloric acid available.

What surprised me was the fact that adrenalin is used to break down if DAO cant manage the job. Do you remember that dreadful night I experienced with all the tremors and stuff and you told me that it probably was adrenalin Able?

I do, Thomas.

Able

Thomas

Able900 wrote:

Thank you Able, where do you pick all these infos from? I google the net and dont find much usefull stuff.

Thomas, I normally obtain my reading and research from research journals and published grant studies from various universities.

How can it then be ok to have Molybdenum? If I remember was it not so that this too is a acid?

Molybdenum is an essential element or mineral, and not an acid. I posted a photo of it below. A nice looking ‘rock’ – yes?

I was reading on the bottle SF 722 that it is a undecenoic acid. Is acid = acid?

Not in the sense you’re thinking, Thomas. What we have to understand is that there are good acids, and there are ‘bad’ acids. For example, you can’t digest your food at all without acid being present in the stomach, but that’s not the only benefit that acids play in the health of a human being.

Acids protect the body from pathogens that may otherwise enter the bloodstream through the digestive system.

Also, the nutrients (from our food) that we need to make that stomach acid depend on acids in order to absorb the nutrients. If sounds like a cycle, it is, which means that we need acids available basically around the clock.

Chronic acid reflux results only when there’s a lack of stomach acid.

It’s a scientifically known fact that stomach acid declines as we age which leads to the loss of collagen, elastin, and chondroitin which occurs naturally in the body to cushion our joints and protect us from such illnesses as arthritis. If this list sounds like maybe they’re the same symptoms of aging, they are. That’s because, without acids, we would probably age ten times faster than we do, that is if we can remain alive without the acids.

We were talking about B vitamins earlier; did you know that vitamin B6, B12 and folate depend on a sufficient amount of stomach acid for their absorption into the body and bloodstream?

And then there’s the stomach acid called hydrochloric acid. We would all be suffering from, and I’m not exaggerating, life-threatening allergic reactions if not for hydrochloric acid. That’s because proteins are not broken down properly without this acid being present; proteins that are not broken down enter the bloodstream as they are and form antigens. These would lead to the life threatening allergies in the body.

I also mentioned that there are ‘bad acids’ … these are the organic acids of bad fermentation of foods in the stomach and intestines, and they’re the ones that cause all the trouble. But the bad acids will only appear if there is an insufficient amount of hydrochloric acid available.

I do, Thomas.

Able

Dear Able,
    what I learned now from you is that acid is not acid. That there are good and even life serving acids. But what confuses me still is the warning again folic acids for people who have too much histamine. ..here are some quotes I found:

. I also had bad spell when I took a B12 high in Folic Acid. I learned high folic acid is part of histadelia.

DONT take folic acid, lecethin, and eliminate histamine foods such as tomatoes from your diet, eat a diet low in red meat and reduce consumption of spicy foods,

What is folic acid, is that a bad one. As most of the fruits and veggies have it if I am not wrong in this??

Then I have a question about vitamin C. Vitamin C helps a lot to clean out histamin but the usual vitamin c in acid form is not good for me. What is vitamin C in ascorbate form? And what is the difference to ascorbic acid which I should not take.

thank you
    Thomas

jennyska

Hi raster 🙂
    This is what my allergologist told me : histamine intolerance is like any other food intolerance – you change your diet, you change your histamine levels. It is usually as a result of poor diet (loads of chemicals and E’s in usually ready-made meals and drinks like coke, redbull etc.) lots of stress, ciggies and alcohol, chemicals in antibiotics and other pills – the reason is very simple – these things increase your histamine levels so high that your body cannot cope with it anymore, so it starts to rebell. The basic and most common symptoms include those I have : swoolen eyes (pain in the eyes) and swollen face, skin rash, depression and anxiety, headache, menstruation problems etc. – however they can be easily anything else – so the tests should be made .If you dont cure it, you continue to have symptoms !!!! Its the same like you were intolerant to lactose – you just cant consume it. However, on the plus side it is certainly not the end of the world and very difficult to sort out – strict diet from 2 – to 6 weeks, then slow reintroductions of food – your histamine levels should be back to normal, but just in case have yourself tested again.
    jenny

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Thanks Jenny…

Really interesting subject on both histamines and acids…

-raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Able, can you please look at this’ is closed to new replies.