Able, can you explain this new symptom?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Able, can you explain this new symptom?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bigmountain
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

After months of being on the forum diet and protocol and feeling relatively amazing…

I have a new symptom that’s developed over the last 2 weeks… in the form of lung pain, difficulty breathing, and tight chest… I think it may be Pleurisy as I have had an incident in the past with it… but I’m not sure…

These are the only reasons I can think of that may be the cause…

A) I was taking Grapefruit Seed Extract at the same time as Pantethine… and I noticed your note in the ‘ANTIFUNGALS: Correct Doses’ saying “Grapefruit Seed Extract: DO NOT take this if you are taking a medication for high cholesterol.”

I wasn’t taking Panthenine for high cholesterol, but I’ve seen it mentioned it can be used for that.

B) I make 7 litre batches of homemade milk Kefir… my batch before last was really milky… I’ve been making it for months and it was definitely the most milky batch that really needed more fermentation time…

The pain in my lungs/chest began at around the end of the kefir batch… I drink 4 pints a day of it and I’ve read that dairy can produce inflammation…

C) I’ve been eating raw garlic on and off throughout the treatment… and had only been chopping the garlic until I read an article explaining that garlic needs to be crushed and left to sit for a few minutes before ingesting to receive the full benefits of the allicin… so I started doing this about 2 weeks ago… one night I got cocky and decided to do 3 gloves crushed on a empty stomach… and had the most intense reaction from garlic yet… instant nausea, mass production of saliva, headache… and basically the feeling that I burnt my stomach….. literally felt like I’d been punched in the face or hit by a truck… I also had sharp pain in what I assume to be my liver (just under my sternum bone, more specifically the xiphoid process) after the incident every time I breathed in…

I did some research on ingesting too much garlic and found that it can overwork the sulfur pathways of your liver or something.

What do you think it is? and what do you think is causing it?

I really have no idea and would love your opinion and insight on this.

Thank you.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

When you kill candida, the toxins can detox through the body in a couple of ways. One is via the skin (sweating out the toxins), another is through bodily fluid movements (via the bowel), and a third way is via the lungs. The lungs are one of the “dumping grounds” of the body and often when people kill candida or detox, they develop a short term cough and mucous production within the lungs.

If the problem persists, I would consider contacting a doctor to determine whether you have any lung conditions such as bronchitis, lung cancer, etc.

-raster

bigmountain

raster wrote: When you kill candida, the toxins can detox through the body in a couple of ways. One is via the skin (sweating out the toxins), another is through bodily fluid movements (via the bowel), and a third way is via the lungs. The lungs are one of the “dumping grounds” of the body and often when people kill candida or detox, they develop a short term cough and mucous production within the lungs.

If the problem persists, I would consider contacting a doctor to determine whether you have any lung conditions such as bronchitis, lung cancer, etc.

-raster

You dropped the other ‘C’ word, and I’ve considered it, briefly… as I used to be a smoker, but I’m not so sure (I’m 26 and really wasn’t the biggest of smokers)… AND my lungs and breathing ability have felt better than ever since starting on the diet and protocol about 5 months ago… I’ve had die-off in all forms but never to do with my lung function, and have only had this new symptom in the last two weeks… mainly after that garlic dosage attack, but also around the time of the other 2 reasons I mentions… I dunno…

So basically I just want to discuss it with the forum before I rush off to the doctor to see if I have lung cancer or any other lung condition…

I drink a lot of water throughout the day… I take 3-4 1.5 litre bottles of water to work everyday…. and I started putting about 15 drops of Grapefruit Seed Extract in one of the bottles so I could drink it during the day… I noticed the same sort of feeling of tightness in my chest/esophagus when I started the GSE…

Another thing, the first Pleurisy episode I had which I mention above happened in April 2010 and I haven’t had it or any sort of lung issues since… When it happened in 2010, I woke up one morning and couldn’t breath the slightest amount without intense pain… I was rushed to emergency by my parents and they said it was Pleurisy and had no idea what caused it because it was so out of the blue… (I also used to drink giant cups of milk growing up… 1 litre at a time usually… I loved it… but like I said above.. I’ve found that dairy in an inflammatory food… which is why I also think it may have been the milky kefir that caused it this time… and the giant cups of milk that caused it the first time…..

So as you can see I am connecting a lot of dots… but I’m not sure which are correct.

Reading the wikipedia page on it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleurisy) they say it can be caused by “Infection from a fungus or parasite”… and I definitely have Candida… but I’m just confused as to why the symptom is just showing up after 5 months treating it and feeling better everyday… I mean I feel a billion times better than I did before starting on the forum protocol… what gives?

Thoughts?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

bigmountain wrote: I have a new symptom that’s developed over the last 2 weeks… in the form of lung pain, difficulty breathing, and tight chest… I think it may be Pleurisy as I have had an incident in the past with it… but I’m not sure…

Pleurisy, being a viral infection, is more likely to appear during a period when the immune system is not working at its optimum level. Anyone who is suffering from a Candida infestation also has a mild to severe problem with their immune system. I would suspect that a problematic immune system has more to do with your pleurisy returning than the kefir — unless it was bad in which case I don’t know what it may be possible of causing.

How long have you had Candida? I see that you’ve been on the protocol for about two months, how much of an effect have you seen on the infestation?

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t worry too much about your lungs because I had the same problem (I am a smoker also). But I haven’t checked to see if I have cancer nor do I have many of the symptoms for it. My lungs were in bad shape for the first few months of the diet but have improved in time. Hope this helps and didn’t want to scare you too much.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

bigmountain wrote:
    I have a new symptom that’s developed over the last 2 weeks… in the form of lung pain, difficulty breathing, and tight chest… I think it may be Pleurisy as I have had an incident in the past with it… but I’m not sure…

Hi bigmountain,

I had same symptoms as my candida symptoms and was hospitalized for it twice but they found nothing. Both my lungs and heart are fine.

On the other hand, since starting diet, chest pains were gone for about month to month and a half, but returned about month ago. During that time I was seeing a doctor for my digestion issues and it was discovered that I have hiatus hernia and erosion from acid being pushed back which causes this pain. I noticed it being worse after garlic, and sometimes kefir buggs me, lemon water. I even get bothered by some of the capsules if I take them on empty stomach so I have my supplements and lemon water with food in the middle of the meal. This helps. Also, having 4-5 smaller meals instead of few big ones (I think it started bothering me more during treatment as I increased the meal size to compensate for lack of calories).

I am not saying you have hiatus hernia but it’s possible that stomach acid causes this symptom. I am not saying you should not go to the doctor either. But try to have a smaller meals more times a day and try not to upset your stomach with taking stuff on an empty stomach and see if this improves or not. Also, if it’s caused by stomach acid, drinking mineral water should calm it down, or just for the sake of test take an antacid and see if the pain goes away.

It’s really amazing how many random things can cause chest pain. I was sure I am having a heart attack or failing lungs several times 🙂 I only recently got my answer to this pain and have been having it since last summer.

Good luck!

Arijana

bigmountain

Able900 wrote: Pleurisy, being a viral infection, is more likely to appear during a period when the immune system is not working at its optimum level. Anyone who is suffering from a Candida infestation also has a mild to severe problem with their immune system. I would suspect that a problematic immune system has more to do with your pleurisy returning than the kefir — unless it was bad in which case I don’t know what it may be possible of causing.

How long have you had Candida? I see that you’ve been on the protocol for about two months, how much of an effect have you seen on the infestation?

Able

Apologies Able.. I posted this from a new account I made a couple months ago… wanted a new username… we’ve spoken a few times before – my old username on here is ‘pdb’… probably should have mentioned that… you can see my first post and story here

So yeah, I’ve been doing really well (hence my quietness on the forum)… roughly been treating the infestation for about 5 months with yours and rasters diet and protocol, and feeling pretty amazing day to day, most days… so much better than at the beginning… my quality of living has improved dramatically, I mean I was in such a dark place… thinking back it’s kinda scary just how bad I was.

Definitely not cured of it yet but I’m used to the new lifestyle and 90% of my symptoms are gone. I can handle stress so much better now… and feel like Adrenal Fatigue & Chronic Fatigue is pretty much gone. I still have a little bit of eczema on my fingers that has gone and come back a few times throughout the treatment… and I do still have oral thrush though that won’t seem to go away… I’ve tried oil pulling with coconut oil and brushing my tongue every night with GSE… which has helped a lot.. but it’s a stubborn mother… I figure I can live with it as it’s a good sign that when it has finally gone I will be close to beating the infestation.

My immune system still isn’t the best… but definitely recovering as well and a lot better than 5 months ago.

Also, Kefir is amazing… the best and most helpful thing through out all this for sure… every time I have a pint of it everything in my body just seems to ‘normalize’ and I feel so calm, switched on, and back to my old self. I can’t praise it enough I’m considering starting a religion that worships Kefir………… 😉

I’ll add that having a 30 Minute Power Nap on work lunch break has seriously helped more than I imagined it would. I feel so refreshed and clear afterwards and makes it so much more easier to get through the day. I highly recommend anyone that’s reading this to try napping for 30 minutes a day between 1 – 2:30pm… prime time for the body… do some research on the benefits of napping. Shit’s legit.

But yeah, I feel like I’m on the last wave of recovery… Which is why I was a little concerned about the new symptom at the topic of this thread.

bigmountain

UPDATE: This Pleurisy symptom has completely gone now, so you can all stop worrying… 😉

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

bigmountain wrote: UPDATE: This Pleurisy symptom has completely gone now, so you can all stop worrying… 😉

Nice! Happy for you!

Arijana

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Able, can you explain this new symptom?’ is closed to new replies.