Able and Raster

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Able and Raster

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Allira 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Allira
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

Please don’t be insulted by this question as you both seem to have an array of knowledge on this website, but may I ask, what are your qualifications? Are you drs/nutritionists/naturopaths? Or are you redesigning the cleansing/diet protocols based on your experiences with fighting your own candida problems?

I’m not trying to start a debate or stir anything up, I’m merely curious. You both give some amazing advice, some of which I have definitely taken on board, but for the most part I am following the advice of a qualified naturopath.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Allira wrote: Please don’t be insulted by this question as you both seem to have an array of knowledge on this website, but may I ask, what are your qualifications? Are you drs/nutritionists/naturopaths? Or are you redesigning the cleansing/diet protocols based on your experiences with fighting your own candida problems?

Greetings.

Raster and I both have been through or are going through this treatment; I’ve reached a complete cure which has remained with me now for about eight months. Raster is completing his treatment at this time and can speak for himself.

In addition, when I was in the Navy I was able to squeeze in some classes on health while studying for my Graduate Certificate in another subject. Since leaving the Navy I’ve taken many more courses in human anatomy and horticulture. I’ve also made it my pastime/hobby to study alternative medicines and herbs on my own for over 10 years.

Most of my knowledge on Candida albicans came more recently by simply studying research papers and experiments conducted which were centered on the infestation. I’ll also have to admit that I’ve used myself as the subject of my own experiments many times in the past.

A lot of people can’t afford a doctor or naturopath during these economical times and many more have tried but continue to find it impossible to locate a doctor who can cure them of their infestation. These are the reasons I’m here, and I think I could say the same for Raster.

It should go without saying, we are not experts in the medical field and do not claim to be. If you prefer not to take our advice, that’s certainly your decision, and we would only wish the best for you.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

All I can say about my qualifications is that I only comment on things that I know about from personal experience in life as well as information I learn from Able. I have spent many hours on this forum learning from other people’s posts or Dr. Mcoomb’s and eventually I decided to step in and ask questions or post comments.

In general there are a few groups of questions:
    -questions about allowed foods
    -questions about leaky gut or allergies
    -questions about symptoms
    -general health questions/comments such as supplements/vitamins or alternative treatments
    -links to other posts (I just use the search button to find them)

I do not comment on anything I don’t know about; for instance someone stated something recently about colloidal silver…I do not know anything about this. Other people ask about vitamins for instance, and I have no idea what are the proper vitamins one should take to get better.

Getting healthy is a giant maze or big puzzle; I do not even attempt to be someone’s doctor or medical related person or even close. I just know that some people are failing big time on their treatment plan and have no idea to where to get started.

I feel that everyone should visit or consult a naturopathic doctor because everyone has their own version of candida caused by their own habits, diet, lifestyle, and history. To get better again people need the following:

-diet
    -supplements
    -rest
    -random other things I have know knowledge about

and they need to:
    -kill off the candida
    -heal the gut
    -and heal their own personal symptoms after visiting a naturopathic doctor

I feel that anyone who has taken antibiotics has a flora imbalance that can cause health problems in the future. I feel that many health problems are inter-related and are caused by candida.

I have gone from having nightly seizures, extreme leaky gut, hair loss, and feeling like death to a generally healthy individual that feels good, who can think very clearly, and is getting better by the day within a matter of months.

Everything I mention is based on personal experience. I did not get a lot better quickly until I went to a naturopathic doctor. There are so many symptoms associated with candida that I cannot come even close to solving everyone’s extensive health problems.

Everything should be taken away from the forum with a grain of salt and everyone needs to discover their own cure. I mean, you are learning how to get better from the internet, right?

Additionally, I find that you are what you eat…and if you eat healthy, then that can cure the body by itself.

-Raster

Allira

Thank you both so much for your replies and clarifications.

Again, I sincerely hope I did not offend either of you as it was not my intention to do so.

I myself printed the diet on this website and took it to a qualified naturopath who I am now working closely with.

I came to the forum for support from others doing the diet then consequently became very very confused by the contradicting advice on the forums and the different dietary plans! This is why I wanted to ask 🙂

I definitely agree that it is best to consult with a professional when embarking on a dietary change as big as this one, and also agree that what may work for someone might not be ideal for someone else. Certain supplements and natural medicines aren’t safe for some people especially when mixed with medicines they may already be on, or if they have other underlying conditions.

I wanted to ask you both about your experience as everyone on the forum seems to consult very closely with you both. I guess my concern is that as a ‘newbie’ I wanted to know where and how you came by the information and advice you give 🙂 I couldn’t work out if you were the masters of this site, medical professionals, or what, so I was protecting myself by asking, I hope you understand!

I think the wisest thing for anyone searching on the internet is to check with a medical professional (orthadox or natural but either way a qualified professional) before beginning the regime or taking any supplements, as I’m sure you both agree.

Again, thank you both for clearing it up 🙂 And fantastic news that both of you have come so far in improving your health, extremely inspiring!!

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Allira wrote: Thank you both so much for your replies and clarifications.

Again, I sincerely hope I did not offend either of you as it was not my intention to do so.

I myself printed the diet on this website and took it to a qualified naturopath who I am now working closely with.

I came to the forum for support from others doing the diet then consequently became very very confused by the contradicting advice on the forums and the different dietary plans! This is why I wanted to ask 🙂

I definitely agree that it is best to consult with a professional when embarking on a dietary change as big as this one, and also agree that what may work for someone might not be ideal for someone else. Certain supplements and natural medicines aren’t safe for some people especially when mixed with medicines they may already be on, or if they have other underlying conditions.

I wanted to ask you both about your experience as everyone on the forum seems to consult very closely with you both. I guess my concern is that as a ‘newbie’ I wanted to know where and how you came by the information and advice you give 🙂 I couldn’t work out if you were the masters of this site, medical professionals, or what, so I was protecting myself by asking, I hope you understand!

I think the wisest thing for anyone searching on the internet is to check with a medical professional (orthadox or natural but either way a qualified professional) before beginning the regime or taking any supplements, as I’m sure you both agree.

Again, thank you both for clearing it up 🙂 And fantastic news that both of you have come so far in improving your health, extremely inspiring!!

Hi Allira,
    it looks like that you are blessed with some good and understanding doctors. For a lot of us this is not the case, and quite the opposite. I see too in your statements a trust in the doctors I lost. My picture of doctors here in Sweden is that of a person having red eyeglass on and talking with you about the colour of snow. Yes with his conceptional mind he is right, the snow is red, but is he right?

They treated my wife for 20 years with cortisone, treating the symptoms of neurodermitis to the point where bones and fingernails deformed.
    They told her that this is a genetic sickness and she will have to live with this and eating heavy duty medicine for the rest of her life.

With natural means, a food diary and a special diet I was doing for her I healed her within two years. She is completely healed today and can eat everything. The doctors here are in best case good mechanics. You have a broken arm they can fix you but you are in a sorry state to talk with them about Candida infestation. They dont believe in it and look at the snow through their red eyeglasses telling me that the snow is red. Only because a doctors has white cloth on and has a framed paper hanging in his offices doesn’t make him an authority.

yours
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Allira wrote: I think the wisest thing for anyone searching on the internet is to check with a medical professional … as I’m sure you both agree.

I certainly wouldn’t. Too much experience with doctors in general to travel that path, but I understand that not everyone has had the same experience.

According to a research study conducted by the Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health, School of Medicine at the University of NC, on average, medical students in America are required to receive less than 24 hours of in-class nutrition instruction during the 12 years it normally takes to become a physician. I wouldn’t ask a doctor about my nutritional needs any more than I would the parking attendant at my office building.

I wish I could remember exactly how many times a member has talked about how they ended up teaching their naturopath about Candida instead of the other way around. In order to qualify as a naturopathic “doctor” of course you need the diploma; this takes an average of just 3 years to obtain, and believe it or not, a Diploma in Nutrition is an alternative course of study when training to become a naturopath.

We naturally assume that a naturopath would be more likely to help us with our nutritional needs, and perhaps it’s true in some cases, but after reading so many posts from those who have sought help from naturopaths only to get no further with their cure than they were when they first contacted the naturopath, I’m afraid I have my doubts in that area as well. If I sought the help of a naturopathic doctor, I would at least ask if he or she had received a Diploma in Nutrition.

Able

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Allira wrote: Thank you both so much for your replies and clarifications.

Allira,
    I can tell you there are many naturopath Drs who don’t know how to treat this syndrome correctly. I have been sharing information with at least 3 of them who didn’t have any idea of many things related to this syndrome. Remember, this syndrome was discovered and popularized by MDs, not naturopath. I will say a Holistic Medical Dr could be a lot better if he/she knows the work of the pioneer Drs who researched this syndrome. Still there are some of the pioneer offering consults such as Dr. Trowbridge in Texas, Dr. Sidney Barkey, Dr. Leo Galland in New York, Dr. Carolyn Dean, Dr. Crandall, Dr. Rona in Canada, etc
    If I were to spend some money with them, I will go with Trowbridge or Crandall. Both have written books about it and treated hundreds of cases.
    The reason you chose a Naturopath Dr doesn’t mean he/she understand this complex syndrome.
    When you learn about it, you will be in the position of realizing if your Dr knows or don’t know how to treat it.
    I paid a famous holistic MD in my city to get an script of oral Amphotericin B. I ended giving this Dr materials about this syndrome she never knew existed. At that time I had more than 10 books about this syndrome and have spent hundreds of hours researching it.
    Today, I can tell you there isn’t any secret about it that someone with good experience can not give you. If you don’t have more health complications, a good forum will guide you to the end.
    Jorge.

Allira

I’m in New Zealand.

The naturopaths in this country have to do a year long nutrition paper to gain their qualification. The one I consulted is also somewhat of an expert on candida, she has treated several patients with it. So I have every faith in her. And I have done the diet before with great success, I just fell off the wagon!

I do understand where you are coming from with your frustration with Drs however, as I also have PCOS and spent some incredibly frustrating years trying to sort it out with no help from doctors, in fact I also got most of my info from a forum too. I am certainly not knocking coming to a forum for support and advice.

I was, as I said, merely asking 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Able and Raster’ is closed to new replies.