A success story!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions A success story!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Positivo 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well, after 9 months on the diet…I did something that will make some you cringe! I cheated bad this afternoon and no symptoms other than a “mucuous cough” after eating.

I was craving a burger and fries soo badly, I could taste it in my mouth and it overcame me. I was like “I’ve been on this diet for 9 months and feel pretty good, lets take a test today to see where I am at.”

I had an organic, antibiotic free burger with yeast wheat bread, pickles, onions, ketchup, and mustard. Fries on the side…

And no reaction! All of this hard work is paying off!

Just wanted to share!

I am not going to eat another burger for a long long time and am staying on the diet until I get married in June. I have been very strict and haven’t cheated like this for 5 months. I am very happy!

Here’s a link to my blog of my journey:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst818_Candida-diet-blogpost-from-month-1-to-month-9.aspx

-raster

Healhy
    Topics: 87
    Replies: 45

I´m so happy for you raster. I think you give us a great lesson. I prefer suffer now but then will be ok thank eat all I want and never be heal. So happy for you 😀

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Way to go Raster!

Great news; and I for one believe you are now ‘cured’ regardless of what the pessimists among us claim. Some folks can’t understand that it makes perfect sense to remain on a “healthy” diet and be conservative with junk food even though you’re cured.

Very glad to see you reach this point man.

Able

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

raster wrote: Well, after 9 months on the diet…I did something that will make some you cringe! I cheated bad this afternoon and no symptoms other than a “mucuous cough” after eating.

I was craving a burger and fries soo badly, I could taste it in my mouth and it overcame me. I was like “I’ve been on this diet for 9 months and feel pretty good, lets take a test today to see where I am at.”

I had an organic, antibiotic free burger with yeast wheat bread, pickles, onions, ketchup, and mustard. Fries on the side…

Just wanted to share!

I am not going to eat another burger for a long long time and am staying on the diet until I get married in June. I have been very strict and haven’t cheated like this for 5 months. I am very happy!

-raster

Raster,
    That is a good new. Anyway, you know you can not be doing that every day, but please, enjoy life. Don’t think that candida will be a ghost behind you night and day. There will be a moment where you can eat a burger every day if you want without a reaction, but we know you won’t do that. Enjoy life ! Enjoy your girlfriend and leave candida at little bit behind. I hope to leave the forums forever one day. Sometimes, forgetting this obsession brings the last page to close this chapter.
    Don’t forget to take S. Boulardii for a while after you stop the antifungals.
    My best,
    Jorge.

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

Congradulations raster im so jealous.. I cant seem to get past the first part of this whenever I feel like im starting to get better and some of my symptoms start to go away I eat something that starts my whole progress over or a little stress and im back at square one its very frustrating.

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

raster wrote: Well, after 9 months on the diet…I did something that will make some you cringe! I cheated bad this afternoon and no symptoms other than a “mucuous cough” after eating.

Just wanted to share!

-raster

I am SO happy for you, and I am so encouraged by your progress! Congratulations on your hard work paying off!

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Congratulations Raster! I’m so happy for you! Bad boy for eating a burger though 🙂

Thanks for posting this as it gives us newbies hope for better future 🙂

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Raster!!!!

So happy for you and to read this for me :). I had a half a grape fruit the other day and seemed fine..then I chanced it and had 1/4 of a roma tomato on my salad. I thought I was living large.

I read your post to my family…they GASPED and said ” He ate the bun?”
    Too funny…how my children are so intune to what I can and can not eat. They smiled and said, “Mom, maybe someday you can eat a bun too.”

Thanks for sharing and giving us all hope.

However, just like you I wouldn’t mind a treat now and then but this is the diet I will be sticking to. I feel so much better.

Those french fries are what really stuck out to me…not the hamburger.

To eat a few salty fries with ACV on them would be heaven 🙂

Very proud of how hard you have worked to be able to get to this stage.

Thanks for sharing.

Jackie

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hey Raster, well done, that’s superb! So heartening to know that we have burgers in our future!! I remember the last time I ate a 1/4 of a butger bun in Heathrow airport before a flight to Bali 2 years ago and it damn near killed me… spent the entire long haul flight doubled over with pain and rushing to the bathroom with trapped wind and then nothing happening and the cramps got worse & worse and plagued me for 2 or 3 days after arriving out there… ooooh I wonder if I shold try just one mouthful now just to test things?! I won’t today because i have an important meeting monday but maybe after that…

Jackie, that’s so funny about the family being so in tune with your dietary requirements! My 3 yr old is the same… any time I give them a “treat” she looks at me with a long face and says “mummy, did the doctor say you couldn’t have this either?!”.

Onwards & upwards eh Raster? It loooks like you’ll be able to enjoy a full spread at your wedding including the wedding cake? Bonus!!

Lx

NadjaB
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 60

Congradulations Raster!!! I am so happy for you! That is amazing! 😀 Keep up the good work.
    …a lot of exclamation marks..

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Thank you everyone for the kind thoughts and words of encouragement. I think that everyone can get the place where I am at, it just takes a lot of time, patience, and persistence.

Before the diet I was having seizures in my sleep from the molds in my apartment, I reacted to just about anything from potatoes to fruit, and I felt pretty hopeless on getting better once again. I did not think I was going to be able to get over my health problems and cringed to the idea of going on this diet. I didn’t think it’d work honestly and couldn’t picture a day where I couldn’t eat the foods that I loved. I still don’t think I am fully cured yet and still got a bit of a ways to go.

Keep it up and someday you can have a burger with fries without feeling a thing other than fatigue from the greasy food.

-raster

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Just heard the good news my friends. I am happy for your fun and the party you had with yourself and that burger!! Enjoy life and stay healthy!!!

all the best to you raster
    //Thomas

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Way too go! I’m jealous but we all have to face the struggle to get to that place we want to be. I’m happy that your close even though there never really is a finish line.we have to remain healthy but a few treats won’t hurt you if you have a solid overall diet. Keep it up. Most importantly thank u. This post gives hope.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘A success story!’ is closed to new replies.