A Secret Cure?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, fellow forum readers.

I recently read an interesting story on a blog by a gentleman who claimed that he had discovered the perfect ‘secret cure’ for Candida, and you would never guess what it was, to quote him; he said the secret he discovered was, “Suffering.”

He continued to explain his ‘secret’ with the following information; he said that after literally years of suffering with the infestation he finally realized that he was simply going to have to respect the diet and follow it as he knew he should have all along. But instead of doing this from the beginning, he chose to fight the infestation with dozens of different antifungals and supplements, not to mention the hundreds of dollars he wasted during that time – but without completely following the diet. About three weeks ago, he said his suffering finally forced him to go on the diet 100%. So he did, and waited to see what would happen. As of Thursday, he said “amazingly” he’s experiencing fewer symptoms than he has in at least two years. So that’s why he says that literal “suffering” was the path to his cure. But what a path, right?

It’s really not that amazing, and so simple, but it’s just too bad that he had to suffer needlessly for two years before believing what he had been told, that following the diet closely, and adding a few antifungals along with high counts of probiotics was the easiest and quickest way to destroy the infestation.

Remember that the longer you wait to do exactly what is needed for your cure, the worse the infestation will become, and the worse it becomes, the longer your treatment period will take.

Able

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

Hi Able, I might sound like a stuck record here but I do find sussing out all the things we can and can’t eat a little confusing. I hope you don’t mind I’m going to tell you a few of the things I’ve been eating that I think I may need to cut and could you possibly tell me if I’m right please?

Quinoa

Buckwheat

Bread (currently making this with buckwheat flour, flaxseed meal, baking soda, cream of tartar, sea salt, coconut powder, eggs, olive oil and a dash of stevia)

Oat cakes (ingredients are oatmeal, extra virgin olive oil, dulse sea vegetable, sodium bicarbonate, cracked black pepper, sea salt)

Blueberries (small portions only a few times a week)

Organic Greek yoghurt

Sweet potato (About one a week)

Brown lentils (protein for my salad about once to twice a week)

I’ve been at this seven weeks and as you know my symptoms have not gone and I’m not feeling better in the slightest. I don’t think this is die off because it’s been around a week since I started one tablet of caprylic acid and though I did get worse, I don’t feel better.

Hope you don’t mind me asking yet again. Just want to make absolutely sure that I’m not cutting things out that don’t need to me and making it unnecessarily hard for myself.

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Katy. Of course I don’t mind you asking about the food you’re eating.

The foods you named are below along with my opinion about each.

Quinoa: I would eat this only two or three times a week.

Buckwheat: I see no problem with this.

Bread (currently making with buckwheat flour, flaxseed meal, baking soda, cream of tartar, sea salt, coconut powder, eggs, olive oil and a dash of stevia)
    No problems with the bread that I can see.

Oat cakes (ingredients are oatmeal, extra virgin olive oil, dulse sea vegetable, sodium bicarbonate, cracked black pepper, sea salt)
    If the oat cakes contain regular oatmeal, you should leave this out of your diet. May I ask, do you make this yourself and if so, why do you add sodium bicarbonate?

Blueberries (small portions only a few times a week)
    I know that I originally wrote that it should be alright to eat these a few times a week, but I would leave them completely out of the diet for the time being as blueberries do contain a simple sugar in the form of fructose. I’m sure others would disagree with me, but I’m only saying this because you’re still not seeing any real improvements.

Organic Greek yoghurt: I see no problem with the yogurt.

Sweet potato (About one a week); I would leave this out of the diet for the time being.

Brown lentils (protein for my salad about once to twice a week);
    If I’m correct, brown lentils are fairly low in carbs, if this is true, I see no problem with having them once or twice a week.

You stated that you’re taking one tablet of Caprylic acid a day. Is this actually in tablet form or capsule? I would be sure to purchase the capsules and not the tablets. You can also increase the amount of these every few days as it is not unusual for a person with Candida to take up to six capsules a day. However, if you really want to combat the Candida with this supplement, the pure organic coconut oil will work much better to benefit your purpose, or you can take both. With the oil, you can use it in cooking, but the best way to obtain it is in its pure form as in a teaspoon or tablespoon. You can work up to as many as 10 to 14 tablespoons a day.

Your greatest hold up in seeing less or milder symptoms is more than likely the probiotic if you’re not taking one. Unless I’m mistaken, you were going to wait until you returned to the UK to purchase this? If so, then this is probably why you’re seeing no improvements. If you can make or purchase kefir there in Bahrain you can try this as it contains a lot of the beneficial bacteria.

You can probably be a little more lenient with the diet once you’ve been on the probiotics for a week or two.

Able

Katy Gillett

Hi Able – thanks for getting back to me on this.. and so quickly!

I will adjust my diet accordingly… I’m so glad you said my bread is ok – that made my day and everything else is simple! 🙂 I didn’t make the oat cakes myself so I can’t answer you about the sodium bicarbonate but it does seem strange now you mention it. Luckily these aren’t something I’ve been eating for long.. The same with the sweet potatoes and blueberries so not too much damage done!

I do know a place where they sell organic kefir so I will get that asap. How many times a day should I have this and the organic Greek yoghurt to be getting an alright amount of probiotics until I get more in the UK?

The caprylic acid is a tablet and unfortunately they don’t sell it here in Bahrain. My mum actually sent these out last year from the UK and these were the only ones she could find but I do know a shop that has capsules (in UK) as I’ve taken them before. For now I’ll go and get some pure organic coconut oil and have that. As of tonight I’ve also switched from the caprylic acid tablet to these Kyolic Candida Clease capsules I have. so I’ll take 4 of those a day alongside as many spoonfuls of coconut oil I can handle!

I realise I have another food related question that I’ve read confusion about.. what about chillies? I’ve heard they are so good for you but then read that they destroy the beneficial bacteria in our guts when we’re trying to repopulate during a battle with candida. Which is true?

Thanks again Able.

Able900
    Spectator

Hi, Katy.

I wish you had asked me about the Kyolic Candida Cleanse. This contains protease, lipase, and glucanese all of which are enzymes. Glucanase breaks down glucans which are a chemical compound of glucose (the simplest form of sugar). I have no idea why it’s in the cleanse, but you don’t need it as part of your treatment. Besides that, the Grape Bitters will produce enzymes which your body needs in the proper amounts. Reading the ingredients of anything you purchase is something that all Candida sufferers should probably do. If you don’t know what something is, then you could ask or research it before you make your purchase. This is mainly for your protection, but also to prevent you from spending money needlessly. Another thing is, if you stay strictly on the diet, this is a cleanse in itself.

The coconut oil as well as the kefir have the ability to cause die-off symptoms, so I would start slowly with each. Perhaps just two teaspoons a day of the oil just as a test; if you tolerate this without bad die-off symptoms, you could slowly increase the amount. I also suggest that you not start both of these on the same day, but wait until you’re sure that you’re not experiencing die-off symptoms from the first one you start before you start the other.

Chilies are a debate matter between lots of theorists. It’s believed that they kill the bacteria in the stomach that lead to ulcers, so it seems to me that if it can kill one type of bacteria, it can also kill other types such as beneficial bacteria. If you want to, you could treat it as a test item. I don’t see how eating them once or twice a week would present a problem.

Able

skapwds
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

I’ll throw my two cents in about the caprylic acid. I take two of the Now (brand) Candida Clear supplement at every meal and one before bed. They contain caprylic acid, oregano oil, pau d’arco, and black walnut. Currently my GI tract feels like a war zone, but I know everything I’m doing is for the best.

Katy Gillett

Oops sorry Able. I thought I’d mentioned this product in a previous post to you. I think with the words ‘Candida Cleanse’ on it also, I assumed it would do the job and anything dubious could be similar to ThreeLac having yeast in it. I am an avid label reader but this is why I get so confused about what we can and can’t have because just as I think I’ve got it, I find out a surprising item we’re actually allowed or not.. Anyway I’m definitely getting better with this. I hear confusion is a symptom of Candida anyway haha (certainly one of mine!)…

I’m glad you told me about the Kyolic though because I woke up panicking last night and have an anxious chest today so I’m guessing that’s why. I’ll be happy when I can get my hands on some Grape Bitters.

Thanks for the tips on taking coconut oil and kefir.. I’ll start with the coconut oil seeing as I don’t have an antifungal at present. Those die-off symptoms certainly put me off though! Only 3 more days of work left though then I can feel as ill as I like hah!

I’ll see about the chillies.. I want to try out a Thai green chicken curry recipe from Jamie Oliver (with minimal chillies of course!) but don’t want anything else to compromise my diet right now.. I guess I’m pretty much back where I started at the moment. But at least I’m more used to this way of life :).

I have been wondering Able… How many eggs did you/do you eat in a day? Were you not worried about the cholestorol levels in your diet? Or is this another myth you’re about to dispel for me? 🙂

Able900
    Spectator

Katy Gillett wrote: I have been wondering Able… How many eggs did you/do you eat in a day? Were you not worried about the cholestorol levels in your diet? Or is this another myth you’re about to dispel for me? 🙂

Yes, Katy, I am about to do just that, and personally I’m very grateful that I’m able to do so.

I tried to remember the most creative statement about eggs that I’ve read, and this one came to mind from Harvard Medical School.
    “Egg Nutrition and Heart Disease: Eggs Aren’t The Dietary Demons They’re Cracked Up To Be.”

You gotta love that one, and it was written back in 2006, but Harvard was actually behind with the news. The facts are that yes, eggs do have a lot of cholesterol, however, the ‘myth’ part of the story comes into play by claiming that the egg cholesterol goes into your bloodstream which eventually (according to myth) passes into your arteries. This is untrue. Just a small amount of the actual cholesterol in the food we eat is capable of passing into the bloodstream. On the other hand, the saturated fats and trans fats, proteins, and carbohydrates in food products are the culprits which can have negative effects on the blood cholesterol levels. The reason is; there has to be three ingredients in the body in sufficient amounts before the body can make the extra cholesterol which leads to high levels. The three ingredients needed to produce cholesterol are protein, fats, and carbohydrates.

Another reason that eggs are safe for us is something called “lecithin” which is found in the egg yolk. Perhaps you’ve heard of lecithin, it can be purchased in vitamin stores as a health supplement. Lecithin is actually produced naturally by the human body, but it is also obtained from the foods we eat as well as supplements.

Lecithin is a multi-purpose nutrient in that it improves the memory, strengthens the nerves, and the big bonus is that it’s one of the most used natural substances to actually lower cholesterol. And as I’ve stated, it can be found in egg yolks.
    The reason that lecithin is so useful in lowering cholesterol levels is because of the B vitamins found in eggs. In the situation of cholesterol, it’s the B vitamin Chlorine which attracts LDL cholesterol in the blood and carries it away, much like the HDL cholesterol does.

Also, there has to be some merit to the fact that 50 years ago, many of our grandparents lived on farms and ate eggs as a staple food on a daily basis. However, because of all the popular ‘instant’ breakfast products, this is no longer true and yet the average number of Americans who have high cholesterol and blood pressure has greatly increased since then.

Able

Katy Gillett

Interesting indeed. I ask because when I was first introduced to this forum I remember wondering about the amount of eggs you said you consumed but then stumbled across a study that tested the cholesterol levels of people consuming varying amounts of eggs each week and there was absolutely no difference by the end of the study. I wanted to see what you knew on this.

It’s amazing how many myths are so ingrained in society’s mind.

It is truly fascinating though.

Able, out of personal interest, which courses have you taken over the years? I’m thinking of going down this route and wouldn’t mind some (yet more) advice from you on which direction to take…

I hope you’re having a good week.

Katy

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Katy.

Actually, when I was in the Navy I was able to squeeze in a few classes on Health Education while studying for my Graduate Certificate in Security Management. But since getting out I’ve taken courses in human anatomy and horticulture.

When I saw this question today I remembered something you posted yesterday in the other forum that I never replied to, it was this: “Do you not ever think about going into the alternative medicine field professionally? Or is it actually already tied to what you do? Hope you don’t think I’m being nosey.”

I don’t think you’re being nosey at all, and yes, I’ve thought about this field as an alternative profession, but it would be impossible. First, I would need many more courses to be able to do this for pay. Second, there is no way I would ever give up my current career, it’s too important to me and it took quite a while to become established and respected in my field. So anyway, having the two professions means I would have to literally split my focus and dedication between two different jobs, and unfortunately there’re not enough hours in the day for me to do that to the degree I would insist on. So what I do is view my career as the actual job that caters to the necessity for money, and the other as a well loved hobby.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

skapwds wrote: I’ll throw my two cents in about the caprylic acid. I take two of the Now (brand) Candida Clear supplement at every meal and one before bed. They contain caprylic acid, oregano oil, pau d’arco, and black walnut. Currently my GI tract feels like a war zone, but I know everything I’m doing is for the best.

Hello, skapwds.

If I may ask, how long have you had Candida, and what type and count of probiotic are you taking?

Thanks, Able

Katy Gillett

Hi Able,

That’s interesting. Well, I can’t blame you as money does indeed make the world go round.. and we all need a great hobby anyway! I’m in a good position here I guess as I am a writer by profession so luckily that can always be incorporated with anything else I want to check out :).

I’ve actually been looking to do a degree course in herbal medicine as it incorporates many other subjects I’m fascinated by.. obviously biology, anatomy and nutrition, not to mention the history and theory as well as controversies and recent studies! The research side of things would be great too.

Anyway I wanted to just thank you for all the advice you’ve shared and also thank you for opening my eyes and mind to something I didn’t know I was so interested by :).

I’m sure I’ll have many more questions in the near future in regards to candida treatment haha, particularly once I get back to the UK!

Oh also.. I hope this doesn’t sound like an odd question.. do you use Twitter at all?

Katy

Able900
    Spectator

“do you use Twitter at all?”

Not an odd question at all. Wish I was paid by the number of times I’m asked that question. No, Katy, I don’t use Twitter … at all.

Please keep us posted as to your success with the treatment.

Able

Katy Gillett

Ha! It’s not as common to use out here but is gaining more popularity since the recent political unrest though. Just thought you might be interesting to follow :). Nevermind then!

I’ll be sure to keep you posted. Swallowed a teaspoonful of pure organic virgin coconut oil tonight – not a pleasant texture! But spread some on some bread too.. that’s actually quite yummy.

Able I wanted to ask.. this buckwheat flour and flaxseed meal bread combo I’ve come up with, I’m consuming on a daily basis. Is that too much?

Also is there a difference in eating buckwheat groats as opposed to buckwheat flour or as opposed to buckwheat noodles?

Diane
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 73

Hey katy,

I intend to make the bread according to your recipe i.e the one with flax seed and buckwheat and I asked Able a similar question and the following was his reply:
    Lots of people eat buckwheat flour and flaxseed meal on the diet, pesonally don’t see a problem with having either a few times a week.

Cheers

Diane

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘A Secret Cure?’ is closed to new replies.