- May 6, 2012 at 10:51 am #81038
AngorMemberTopics: 47Replies: 136
A year ago I bought pills to make my hair grow longer (stupid, but my hair was coming off). After taking one pill, the next day I had the worst reaction, ever. I’m wondering what could have given me this reaction (of course there’s a possibility I was just allergic to one of the ingredients, but if we assume it was the “candida speaking”)
Content (2 capsules): 0.2 mg biotin, L-cystine 6 mg, millet extract 420 mg, 27.5 mg Pantothenic acid.
Humectant: Glycerol, sorbitol.
Thickener: Yellow beeswax.
Emulsifier: soy lecithins.
Sodium Carbonate: Magnesium oxide, vitamin (pantothenic acid) (1.3%),
Colours: Iron Oxides, hydroxides, titanium dioxide, cystine (0.3%), aroma.
This is kind of irrelevant since it was so long ago, but I’m curious. The reaction was really, really bad.May 6, 2012 at 10:57 am #81039
ChloflosoMemberTopics: 28Replies: 104
I don’t know what your reaction was coming from, but Candida-wise, Sorbitol and I think also Glycerol are sugar alcohols which would feed the fungus. However, if you were not on the diet then and were still eating sugar, I doubt you’d be so sensitive to notice that you fed the fungus with the small amount in 2 capsules. I’m not sure about the other ingredients, so I’ll let others comment.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.