A push in the right direction

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions A push in the right direction

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tpug 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tpug
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

Hello All,

I am excited to get my diet on the way but I am still confused on the beginning steps. I have read books on Candida and some other related topics but I figured I would stop in here and get some active responses.

A little about my situation. I have been on antibiotics for about 16 years. I had cystic acne when I was a kid and it still seems to show up if I even try to get off of the antibiotics, but my body is so broken from years for this punishment I am willing to try anything different. I have also been on Accutane about 4 or 5 times as well so I know my liver is not a happy camper. I accidentally found the Candida diet by purchasing the wrong product at a store. I usually purchase a probiotic to help with my everyday life but I accidentally bought an anti-fungal product (the same exact looking bottle). Within days I noticed odd things happening and I noticed the bottle and began investigating, which led me to this diet.

One of the books I have been reading says to start with cultured vegetables and certain grains for the first week or so. This site also reflects a lot of vegetables and soups etc. There just isn’t a lot of protein but I guess it is a cleansing period. I was curious what other people started with to get the train moving.

I am sorry for the long post. Hope to hear from some candida dieters soon =)

-T

klambi
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

I will have Quinoa soaked from the night before and cooked. Then I will just season it with mayb sea salt and cayenne pepper and other stuff to also. Then maybe 2-3 times a week I would have fried eggs and just chop up a whole lot of vegetables and fry them up as well, but always the quinoa the eggs and vegetables are just a bonus few times a week. Hope that helps somewhat, good luck 🙂

klambi
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

yeah uhm, I was just talking about breakfast there, I misunderstood a bit what you said but hopefully you can use that

Tpug
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

Thank you for the info klambi! I have been soaking quinoa and millet as well. I really like the millet, it turns into a “mashed potatoes” kind of thing. I also have been eating a ton of veggies with it (less starchy ones), usually steamed. I will have to try the cayenne pepper, that sounds like a good potent spice to use.

I am focusing on the body ecology diet but sticking to the pure Candida side of it. I made some soup too (crock pot), just a veggie soup and I add the quinoa or millet to give it some body and it is great with some spices. I cannot make the cultured vegetables yet, my house gets below 70 degrees in the winter (more like 55 degrees) and from what I hear if your cultured concoction doesn’t stay at that temperature during the ferment process than they can spoil easily. I will just wait until the summer or get some kind of heating element for the container.

Thank you for the response post.

take care

-T

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘A push in the right direction’ is closed to new replies.