A probiotic that works like magic….and gave me my life back…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice A probiotic that works like magic….and gave me my life back…

This topic contains 28 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  alexisMCA 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Xianleather
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 10

Im not a doctor, I dont work for the company that makes them either… and im not going to say this will work for everyone? But after dealing with Candida for over 2 years, multiple trips to the Doctors office and hospital I stumbled upon a probiotic recommended by Dr Rhonda Patrick who is a PHD in Bio Medical Science.. and has been on the Joe Rogan podcast talking about gut health… I heard her mention she takes VSL#3 in packets from Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals and it worked wonders fer her after a few major rounds of nasty antibiotics…

But first a bit of my story.. 3 plus years ago I ended up with E -coli 0157-h7 , the strain that is deadly in a lot of cases, got through that , and was put on 2 rounds of Clindamycin , a nasty antibacterial drug that destroyed my gut balance even more . And of course my doctor never told me about any of this in combination with E coli…As time went by the symptoms got worse and worse to the point anytime I ate anything I felt the symptoms of candida hit me, feeling toxic, hot face, terrible gut pains, bowels going from one extreme to the other as well. it got to the point I wasnt eating because the toxic feeling was so debilitating I started to lose weight.. I was at my wits end..couldnt function at all… even after all of the tests with the Doctor and the Hospital nothing was getting better… I was trying every probiotic on the market, eating no sugar at all… no breads… nothing at all that would cause growth….and actually went to eating nothing but tuna out of the can , tomato’s, and water… still took supplements and probiotics.. Here is where the issue is… Most probiotics in any form , when left on the shelf start to die… in capsule or powder… so we get a very small percentage of live bacteria by the time we take those types… Re population is the key with Candida, to re populate with the good bacteria and force out the over growth of yeast along with starving it and having die offs…. Thats where VSL#3 comes in… its made as you order it, its shipped in a cooler, and its 450 BILLION per packet that you mix with water and drink…. Must be kept at a certain temp so check your fridge with a thermometer and adjust it if its not cold enough…20 days is where its said VSL#3 will have re populated.

Im being honest here… the first week I did one in the am and one before bed, the second week I did just one at night, and the third I did just in the am… After the first few days bowel habits started to change… brain fog and lethargy started to diminish and my energy started to come back…After the first week, bowel habits remain regular , solid and no extra wiping , energy was still better, mood was getting better… ” Serotonin is produced more in the gut than in the brain and im sure candida inhibits that production and transmission causing the shitty mood that comes with having Candida”.. Brain fog had almost totally lifted and eating wasnt scary anymore…
    2-3 week time , massive die off… was visible in stool as well, but wasnt the same as if you took antifungals or garlic in large amounts.. but I still felt it… 3rd week in, bowel habits still reg, mood lifted, brain fog gone, energy back, the nausea, bloated feeling and sickness after eating was totally gone… I decided to give more food a try… Sourdough bread… cereals with almond milk, Coffee with half n half and sugar, Ginger ale, curly fries, ketchup , mustards, and even some dark chocolates thrown in there… NOT ONE THING made me sick… I finally felt that normal feeling of being full from eating …. as well as no more waking up in the middle of the night for a sip of soda or cookies or carbs… I really believe Candida is the culprit for mid-night waking with a hunger ..always at the same time…

SO, im in week 4 now… stopped the VSL#3 for the past 4 days.. to give my system a rest and will be starting again tomorrow morning.. with 450 Billion live per packet you can over do it… But for the last week Plus… Im eating normal foods, still keeping sugar at a minimum, my system feels normal again, Im eating without fear, brain fog and lethargy are totally gone, tongue yeast is gone as well, and I feel healthier than I have in the past 3 years….. If anything changes for better or worse? ill post on this thread..As well as when I go back for a checkup and see what the Doc says…. But I know how awful this is to deal with and really wanted to spread the word that I found something that works and works WELL .. almost right out of the gate… Ill put the link down here if you guys want to check them out and hopefully this will help some of you… Candida really brings your life and happiness to a halt a lot of the time… Best to all of you!

Christian

[LINK REMOVED]

Alexisrichardss
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 3

Thank you for this. The website is so informative, it makes me feel much more comfortable about spending that much money on yet another thing to fight my candida.

Xianleather
    Participant

Anytime!…. it really works wonders , I hope it does the same for you too! Candida is brutal to deal with, and this has been the only thing that has made a dramatic difference and still is…..

Sunspot
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Hi Xianleather,

I’ve been dealing with Candida for the last 2 years… I’m currently on the die for a few weeks but it doesn’t seem to be working and I have a terrible vaginal yeast infection that is driving me insane… Did you have vaginal thrush as some of your symptoms? And did the probiotic work for that as well? I’m going insane… 🙁

Xianleather
    Participant

Well I dont have a vagina so I cant say… lol Im a guy… but it did not only clear up my gut issues but it also cleared up my sinus and yeast on the tongue as well… It not only works by re population but as it re populates it gets rid of the over load of yeast and bad bacteria as well over time.. And grows new beneficial bacteria as well as whats in the packets already over time..

This is from WEBMD on VSL#3

Comment:
    My doctor prescribed VSL#3 for my chronic UTI’s and yeast infections. I have tried literally every probiotic I could find. I have tried herbs, medications, etc. Since starting VSL#3 I haven’t had one infection. It literally saved my life because I was not responding to antibiotics anymore. I also have bowel issues and it has helped immensely with that too. I would recommend this to anyone.

here is the link to the page…. http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drugreview-93345-vsl3+oral.aspx?drugid=93345&drugname=vsl%233+oral

Sunspot
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Ooops!! Sorry!! Haha I just made an assumption! Thank you so much for the information, I’m going to contact my local pharmacy!

Xianleather
    Participant

lol no problem ! there was no way for you to know anyway… best of luck and hope ya feel better soon!

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Replies: 148

Thanks Xianleather, I have been taking the vsl3 for a week now.

Xianleather
    Participant

Jaumeb ….No problem… its been 5 months now for me… Candida still gone, my diet returned to totally normal and I can easily eat anything now. Put on some good weight too, thankfully since I wasnt able to eat normally before .

I came across another Dr Rhonda Patrick Video on gut health . To keep the balance from upper to lower gut we need complex fiber , since simple fibers dont make it to the lower intestines they’re absorbed in the small intestine.. the flora in the lower/colon begin to starve and eat one another to survive. That also leads to the mucus lining shedding. I found Super Seed Complex fiber and dded that in my diet also.. Makes a huge difference in the recovery from Candida and afterwards. I dont even have to take the VSL#3 anymore , but I have a box in the fridge just in case. I just take the complex fiber daily now…

Best of luck! I hope it works just as well for you!

Jaumeb
    Participant

Thanks Xianleather for your message.

alexisMCA
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 33

Thanks for sharing this with us re the VSL3. I was on this and stopped like an idiot because of the costs and also because my practitioner also had me on culturelle and I don’t have zillion dollars!

Needless to say from what you are saying no sense in wasting good money on other probiotics and since I have been prescribed this as part of my regime more reason to get it and get going.

I am going to start 1 in the am and 1 at night and see how it goes along with the antifungal garlic and see what happens.

Thank you for this input because there is a lot of probiotics out there and its worth a shot. I have symptoms that are not fun the dizzy, fatigue, cold/hot, and not the way I want to roll.

Xianleather
    Participant

AlexisMCA..

No problem at all.. Always good to share good news on things that work and work well right? Just be sure to get the Packets, the other ones they sell dont have the same amount of bacteria in them.. The packs have 450 billion bacteria per packet… so you might be able to do just one per day or every other day and save some money on it? I swear by it hands down no matter what any Doctor says or believes about candida.. It literally saved my life . I hope it works for you and works fast!

alexisMCA
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 33

Great advice thank you! Awesome!

I journal my foods, drinks and supplements and truly think this will help based upon the fact that the probiotics I have now are weak 40billion for 2 and not doing anything. This will help get the good back in the gut and then like it discusses I have the natural anti-fungals to go with in a couple of weeks and also an RX for the dyflucan.

Just want to go slow and easy so the die-off side effects don’t take me down.

It is nice to have solutions and also be able to share some good news with people when something works because this is a wide spread issue and not enough good info out there.

Thank you!

Here is to our health, and never being in this acute phase again!

Jaumeb
    Participant

I have been taking a packet a day in addition to beet kvass and psyllium. I just bought my 4th box. I can’t tell if it is working or not. I suspect it helps but I am no sure.

Xianleather
    Participant

Jaumed… try taking a complex fiber with it, Psyllium by itself wont make it to the lower intestine/colon.. get a complex fiber instead like Super Seed Fiber. It’ll help populate the colon ..

Search Dr Rhonda Patrick on Youtube , she has Video’s/Podcast’s on all of this info .. One is dedicated to gut health/ probiotics and fibers… It’s where I learned all of this information and helped heal myself up…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘A probiotic that works like magic….and gave me my life back…’ is closed to new replies.