A month in to terbinafine + fluconazole

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions A month in to terbinafine + fluconazole

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jaumeb 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Noturbo
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 22

Hey everyone, let me first say i hope youre all well. Im in a bit of a mess. I’ve been suffering with digestive issues, body odor and bad bad breath for all my adult life, and im 33. I practise good hygeine, shower twice a day, brush my teeth 4 or 5 times a day, brush my tounge mouthwash etc. But cant shift the damn stink. Its got worse over the years and is now unbearable. 🙁 i couldnt cope anymore. So the way i saw it i had 2 choices… End it all and give up on life or find out the cause once and for all and try and fix it. I chose to battle on. My dr. Basically said it was in my head… Great help. But he prescribed me terbinafine for a fungal nail infection and a skin infection. I thought great, this will kill any candida, but 2 weeks in and no effect, so i added 150mg fluconazole a day after finding out its perhaps more effective on candidiasis. So ive been on terbinafine 150mg for a month, fluconazole 150mg for 2 weeks, 50 billion probiotics a day for a month, just bought some vit c too. Drinking plenty of water too. I havnt noticed much apart from a huge breakout in painfull spots on my face. Is this die off? Is that a good sign? Im in need of some encouragement here as feeling hopeless. I also added 500mg of mastic gum morning and evening to try help clear up any bad bacteria like helicobacter pylori etc. Stopped adding sugar to anything and only use a little honey to a coffee in the morning as its antimicrobial. Any help or support greatly appreciated! Hope i can get through this as its ruined my life

Noturbo
    Participant

I also have really dry lips, is that the antifungals?

Noturbo
    Participant

Oh great… Just received a letter off the D.r saying i need to book a phone appointment to discuss the results of my nail culture. See when they test your nails they do 2 tests, one you get the results in a week, to detect fungus. And one takes a month and i think identifies the fungus. Wonder why they need to speak to me, got me worrying lol. Maybe if its candida he may have reconsidered the possibility of candidiasis. Who knows… Gonna be bricking it till 2:30 on fri now wondering whats up. Maybe i will get better more effective meds though, aaargh doctors!!! Lol

Noturbo
    Participant

I’m guessing this is quite a quiet board…

I will keep updating my progress anyway to help fellow sufferers. I’ve cut out the coffee and honey. I’m also going to change my diet. Im going to try:

Breakfast – porridge oats(whole rolled oats)

Dinner – 4 egg omlette

Tea – brown rice with brocolli and tuna/chicken

Supper – more porridge

I know its quite plain, but its all i can really afford thats suitable for candida. I think its my diet thats been holding me back tbh. Another problem im having is my body weight. Im 6ft 1 and under 11 stone so limiting my carbs will drop even more weight off me and im allready vastly underweight.

I will keep taking the following meds/supps:

7am – 500mg mastic gum
    8am – 150mg terbinafine
    8:30am – 6 billion probiotics
    11am – 6b probiotics
    12noon – 150mg fluconazole
    1pm – 6 billion probiotics
    2:30pm – 6 billion probiotics
    5pm – 6 billion probiotics
    7:30 – 6 billion probiotics
    10pm – 6 billion probiotics
    11pm – 500mg mastic gum

Any support or advice welcome 🙂

Noturbo
    Participant

Also does anyone have an opinion on whey protein? I’ve heard mixed opinions on wether its suitable for candida or not. Perhaps pea protein or rice protein will be more easily tollerated? I just need something to up my cals/protein to avoid being dangerously thin. Im allready very unhappy with my weight and the way i look. 🙁

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

This isn’t a no carb diet, its a low carb diet:

https://www.candidaplan.com/432/candida-fruit-and-dr-mccombs-candida-plan/

Basically by avoiding carbs it caused yeast to become more pathogenic and aggressive.

You need to eat lots of vegetables (organic is preferred) which will improve your digestion. If your digestion is crappy, then you are not going to get better.

-raster

Noturbo
    Participant

Im dropping the fluconazole to eod dosing for 10 days then going to drop it and just carry on with terbinafine for about another 2 months. On thu im buying more mastic gum, some stronger (20 billion per cap) probiotics, some pau d’arco tea, perhaps some caprylic acid and some chlorophyl to try and ease symptoms. May also include gluteamine for any leaky gut issues. Im thinking the bad bo and breath may be caused by leaky gut as the toxins may be being absorbed in my gut and making me toxic(and stink lol). Anyone else had severe, and i mean SEVERE bad body and breath odour and found a resolution? Im literally at the point of suicide if this last effort doesnt work. Theres only so many negetive comments/reactions a person can take. Im currently looking at a christmas alone because ive lost all my friends due to this and my only family is a brother and im too ashamed to see him. Im really in a mess. If youre reading this and having similar problems my heart truly goes out to you and i hope more than anything that i find a solution to mine, and perhaps youre problems so we can begin to live again. Much love for now, i’ll update soon

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 148

My main symptom is chronic pain. I haven’t found a quick fix, but I hope we will find ways to manage our symptoms in the future.

Noturbo
    Participant

Youre in my prayers Jaumeb, may you find the answers youre looking for. I went to the dentist today and ended up having the first filling of my life in my mid thirties 🙁 on the plus side im pretty sure its cured my lethal bad breath lol. Phew, but on the downside i googled it on my way home and its an amalgom filling perhaps containing mercury which ive heard can contribute to candida grrrr. But im thankfull for it at the moment as i may finally be able to open my mouth in public without making people literally wrench. What a hideous experience. Now on with the battle to full health. Only another day to go till i can buy more supps and more suitable food.

Another problem im facing is an impending 3 week stay in a detox facility followed by a 6 month stay in rehab. Im meant to be going before christmas so dont have long atall. Im just worried about what ill eat and wether ill be aloud all my supps. I know the supps will be ok in detox because ive been to the same place before and my supps were alowed but not sure about rehab. Im hoping for a miracle and praying that the mastic gum kills any hpylori before i go to avoid experiencing unpleasant and embarrasing symptoms when im there. Ill list all my supplements on thu. Considering buying some zinc and magnesium too. Also going to load up on vit c and other anti oxidant/detoxing supps

Hope youre all well. 🙂

Noturbo
    Participant

Just thought id update the situation. I think my fungal issues are clearing up. Nails, skin etc. But some of my digestive issues and horrific odour issues sadly remain. My only ideas now lay with helicobacter pylori. Now obviously i’ve been to the dr’s about this problem many times for this over the years and have been treated very badly and been left confused and angry. They basically told me it was all in my head and pretty much told me to leave. 2 days ago i became overwhelmed by the stress and anxiety these symptoms bring to my life and tried to take my own life 🙁 the next day i thought that i had to unburden myself and finally talk to someone and be honest about my problem. My friend was amazing, so kind and respectfull, no judgement. I felt so much better. Plus he told me to try again at the dr. I was not hopefull due to past experience with dr’s but agreed to do it. So we rang the dr. Right away, got a phone appointment a few hours later. The dr i spoke to was really kind, he told me to start at the begining and tell him whats been going on, so i did. And i told him after months of research i narrowed it down to a fungal/bacterial infection. Probably located in the stomach, explaining the bad breath, and why eating is the only thing that masks it for a short time. And so candida or h pylori were the 2 issues i considered. Of these 2 i think h pylori is the culprit. He said “yes youre right, it deffinately sounds like it” i was truly amazed… Success! So i now have the breath test kit and need to take it to an appointment on mon 19th dec. Then i have to wait 1-2 weeks for the results. Im full of mixed emotions. Im really REALLY anxious, wtf am i going to do if its negetive, where do i turn? But also super excited, i may be mere weeks away from a cure. 🙂 i’ve decided to stop all supplements for the time being. I dont want anything interfering with the results. I may continue with terbinafine for now but stop it 48 hours before the test just incase

Jaumeb
    Participant

No ppi or antibiotics for a few weeks before the breath test.

Noturbo
    Participant

Does that include anti fungals like fluconazole and terbinafine? Or mastic gum? I will have had no mastic gum for 2 weeks or antifungals for one week. Either way im still doing the test i cant live like this. And mastic was only taken for 2 weeks and had little to no effect

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t hesitate to look into SIBO also. This can be diagnosed with breath test. If you have SIBO and candida problems then its much harder to get better vs. regular infection. If you have h.pylori problems, you need to increase stomach acid levels and this should kill a lot of the h.pylori. Also s.boulardii consumes h.pylori I believe.

-raster

Jaumeb
    Participant

I am no expert but my understanding is that mastic gum should also be avoided.

Noturbo
    Participant

Aaaaargh, i’ve just done 2 home blood tests for h pylori and they were negetive. Well one was negetive and one failed. 🙁 i really truly thought this was the answer. I’m so confused. Is it possible that my body isn’t producing the antibodies to fight the h pylori so thats why the test isn’t detecting the antibodies? I’m going to take a shower and try again. I’ve got 3 tests left. Maybe Candida is the cause of my symptoms? Maybe even SIBO as mentioned. I was under the impression that the body and breath odours pointed more to a bacterial problem like h pylori. I told my dr. After months of research I narrowed it down to Candida or H pylori and in my opinion it was likely an h pylori infection. He quickly agreed and arranged a breath test. Its coming up on monday, so 4 days time. I was so relieved and thought I was on course to finally treat this. Now i’m devastated and feel like i’m running out of options 🙁 i’m truly desperate for answers. I’ve been driven to attempt suicide 3 times since 2014 because of the impact this is having on my quality of life. I can’t even express in words how I feel right now, crushed… Totally crushed. 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘A month in to terbinafine + fluconazole’ is closed to new replies.