A little help from my friends : )

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions A little help from my friends : )

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  prismaticmantis 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

prismaticmantis
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 21

Question:

How do I know if I definitely have candida?
    Brief background:

In early November, my naturopath had me get samples done with diagnos-techs. It showed I had a mild uprising of candida. We took action with Candidastat but I never fully embraced the low carbs/sugars diet. Though I felt a die-off, this did not fully help so i had an endoscopy to get the “Western” POV. They said I had mild gastritis. (wanted to put me on Prilosec, I am incredulous of these PPI’s and so declined)
    I am not sure what is causing what. The gastritis (results in low to no HCl and digestive enzymes) leaves undigested food rotting in my stomach which feeds bacteria. Candida can cause gastritis as well so it could be a vicious cycle.

Still, I am feeling chronic digestive discomfort (bloating, inability to digestive foods, crazy intestinal noises after some meals). I can’t each much raw food because it is hard on my gut. Digestive enzymes and Vit. C b4 meals helps, but swedish bitters are not helping.

Around the New Year, I started to get oral thrush or at-least what I think is oral thrush (white buildup on walls of mouth and minor cuts). So i took initiative to find support and a plan to get candida out.
    Since then, I have been following the protocol on this site and am at early stage 1 right now. I started oregano oil and didn’t feel any difference/die off. I started taking the rest of my Candidastat to encourage a definite die-off if possible. Two days in, haven’t felt die-off yet.
    I am considering getting another sample done to try to see what is going on with my gut. Candida or not? It sure would explain a lot if i have it! Gastritis is present for sure, but not sure why. I am going to finish off my Candidastat (1 or 2 more days) and see what happens. If no die-off is apparent, I am going to consider retesting with diagnos-techs. Any insights or does this plan sound good?

Another question I have is about nuts. I am such a nutty eater, is it too early to reintroduce because of their mold content? What about nut butters?(Obviously no peanut butter, pretty much asking about almond butter)

Thanks guys! Your support is greatly appreciated : )
    Mmm. This pumpkin pie bread is the best.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Quote:
    … samples done with diagnos-techs.
    It showed I had a mild uprising of candida …
    We took action with Candidastat …
    I never fully embraced the low carbs/sugars diet.

Reply: The quotes above tell the story of how thousands of people manage to move very quickly from a mild case of yeast to a complete Candida albicans infestation.

What happens is; you have a case of yeast and you kill a couple of thousand of these off with an antifungal, Candidastat in your case, which is nothing more than very low dose of garlic extract, Caprylic acid, GSE, and an extremely low count of one strain of bacteria, lactobacillus, along with a couple of other things thrown in for good measure. But, and here’s the clincher, you continue to feed and nourish the yeast giving them exactly what they need to sustain the growth of those millions that survive the weak doses antifungals. Then most people stop the antifungal assuming they’ve had enough or that it isn’t working and the terrain is ripe for the yeast to multiply and change into their fungal form called Candida albicans.
    So when you considered that all you were doing was destroying some of the yeast and then feeding them in order to replenish their numbers, it’s easy to see how you now have an infestation.

Quote: Around the New Year, I started to get oral thrush or at-least what I think is oral thrush (white buildup on walls of mouth and minor cuts).

Reply: Considering the previous part of your story, I’d say it’s a pretty safe bet that it’s Candida.

Quote: Still, I am feeling chronic digestive discomfort – bloating, inability to digestive foods, crazy intestinal noises after some meals.

Reply: All symptoms of a Candida infestation.

Quote: Digestive enzymes and Vit. C b4 meals helps..

Reply: What’s the name of the enzymes you’re taking?

Quote: I started oregano oil and didn’t feel any difference/die off.

Reply: How much of the oregano oil are you taking?

Believe it or not, curing the infestation ‘without’ experiencing the die-off symptoms should be everyone’s goal. The goal is not to experience the toxins of the dying Candida since the toxins are extremely dangerous to your liver, kidneys, and your body in general.
    Just because you’re not feeling the die-off doesn’t mean some of the Candida aren’t dying. It’s only when your body experiences a literal overload of the toxins that you start to experience the die-off symptoms, and this is working towards causing damage to your organs.

Quote: I started taking the rest of my Candidastat to encourage a definite die-off if possible. Two days in, haven’t felt die-off yet.

Reply: I wouldn’t expect much if anything at all from the Candidastat considering the weak properties it contains.

Quote: Another question I have is about nuts. I am such a nutty eater, is it too early to reintroduce because of their mold content? What about nut butters?

Reply: Nuts and nut butters should be left out of the diet at least until we see what’s going on as far as the infestation is concerned.

If you don’t mind, make us a list of – “exactly” – what you’re eating every day, no matter how inconsequential it may seem.

So send us the name of the enzyme you’re using, how many drops of the oil of oregano in a day you’re taking, and exactly what you’re eating and I’ll respond.

Able

prismaticmantis

Thanks for response Able.

The digestive enzymes I am taking are called Similase. (1 cap b4 meals)

I started 4 drops with the oregano and am up to 8 drops. Read that its very powerful and don’t want to over do it.

I will make a list for you. Do you want me to do it for one day or a couple, or just tell you what i’ve been eating off the top of my head right now?

Able900
    Spectator

I suppose taking the Similase enzyme supplement for a short period wouldn’t be the worst thing you could do, but it’s not going to help the infestation either.

The amount of oil of oregano is fine considering no longer than you’ve been taking it.

Take your time and make a list of the past three to four days of food. I’d rather have it complete than rushed and not.

Are you taking Molybdenum?

Able

prismaticmantis

No, but have been taking milk thistle.
    Accidentally bought 1000 mcg of molybdenum when 250 is the right amt., is 1000 too much?
    I tried just spilling the pill in half and saving the other half for another use.

Ill make a food diary and be back in a couple days.
    Thanks!

prismaticmantis

Able-
    Here is my food diary for the past 3 days.
    I’ve been using the 1000 mcg molybdenum in quarters added in water.
    I have also moved up to 18 drops with the oregano oil as of this morning .

Wed:
    Water and lemon. (+2caps candidastat + 1000mg Glutamine (for gastritis) + 8 drops of oregano)
    Soothe Tea (Slippery Elm powder, marshmallow powder, ginger powder and glutamine powder)

Breakfast:
    (Supplements before meal: Bitters + 1000mg Vit C +Similase+1 tablet Cal/Mag + Biotin + Probiotic (Plan to get the megaflora soon)
    Quinoa with spinach, garlic and eggs and a half an avocado.
    After meal: D3, cod liver oil and vitamin E.

Water and lemon.
    Soothe Tea.

Lunch:
    (Bitters, Similase +Vit C + 1 cal/mag)
    Amaranth, Salmon and spinach
    Greek yogurt, organic pumpkin, and almond meal.

Water and lemon.
    Soothe tea.

Dinner:
    (Bitters, Similase +Vit C + 1 cal/mag)
    Kale Chips with garlic and sea salt.
    Yogurt, pumpkin and almond meal.
    Pumpkin Pie bread (ate too much of it : )
    Did not feel that great after.

Water +lemon. (+8 drops of oregano)
    Soothe Tea. (2 caps of candidastat +Glutamine)

Got a sign of die-off later that night.

Thursday:
    Water and lemon (2 candidastats)
    Soothe Tea (+1000mg glutamine + 8 drops oregano)

Breakfast:
    (Bitters, Similase +Vit C + 1 cal/mag+Probiotics)
    Yogurt and almond meal +pumpkin (small bowl)
    Pumpkin pie bread (2 slices)
    Kale chips with garlic and sea salt.
    (Felt acidy stomach, not a comfortable meal, but after felt OK)

Water and lemon.
    Soothe tea.

Lunch:
    Moved supplements to lunch.
    Supplements before meal: Bitters + 1000mg Vit C +Similase+1 tablet Cal/Mag + Biotin
    Quinoa and Kale chips + 1egg.

Dinner:
    1000mg Vit C +Similase+1 tablet Cal/Mag
    Quinoa and avocado + salad and chicken.
    On the road (had potato chips which is bad but luckily they only had 3 ingredients)

Later:
    Yogurt and almond meal and pumpkin bread. (i think i enjoy this a little too much haha)

Water and Lemon.
    Probiotic + 1 candidastat + oregano

Friday:
    Water+ACV
    Soothe drink + probiotic + 12 drops of oregano oil +glutamine

Breakfast:
    Bitters + 1000mg Vit C +Similase + 1 cal/mag
    1 Egg, spinach and garlic + amaranth.
    1 Piece of Pumpkin Pie bread.
    Warmed Almond Milk with cinnamon and vanilla extract.

Water and lemon.
    Soothe tea.

Lunch:
    Moved supplements to lunch.
    Supplements before meal: Bitters + 1000mg Vit C +Similase+1 tablet Cal/Mag + Biotin
    Quinoa and kale, fresh ginger and garlic + 1 egg.
    Small bowl of yogurt + pumpkin and cinnamon.

Water and lemon.
    Soothe tea.

Dinner:
    Bitters + 1000mg Vit C +Similase + 1 cal/mag
    Quinoa Salad (with 1 egg avocado, fresh oregano and basil, fresh ginger and garlic)
    4 large collard greens cooked and seasoned with sea salt, oregano, parsley and ginger.
    Coconut cookies and 1 piece of pumpkin pie bread.

Water + ACV (+ 12 drops of oregano)

Able900
    Spectator

I’m going to give you some ideas of what I would be doing if I had the problems you described.

Get rid of the Similase enzymes and use only the Swedish bitters instead. You have to take these immediately after your meals with lots of water. Drop a half dropper full on the back of your tongue and keep it there for at least a few seconds before swallowing. Be sure to drink plenty of water, and do this at least three times a day.

Can you send me a link to the specific Similase that you take or else give me the brand name? The brand I looked at tonight contained cellulase which can feed the Candida once it breaks down in the body.

Quote: Accidentally bought 1000 mcg of molybdenum when 250 is the right amt., is 1000 too much? I tried just spilling the pill in half and saving the other half for another use.

Reply: I suppose if they’re selling it that way, then it’s surely been tested. You could try taking that amount in the mornings when you eat your breakfast, see how it affects the die-off throughout the day.
    The Molybdenum is very likely preventing really bad die-off, which is a good thing.

It appears that you’re eating pumpkin, amaranth, almond meal and quinoa every day. I know that some of those are on the diet as test foods, but they weren’t meant to be eaten every day, not all in one day at least. Coconut flour bread mixed with either or both brown rice bran and oat bran (both of these are prebiotics) would be a much better choice and a definite benefit to the treatment, plus you can eat it three times a day, every day.

Have you ever taken Betaine hydrochloride (HCL) for your digestive problems?

Able

prismaticmantis

Yes I have tried from 250 mg up and keeping up a good amount for a while and needing it. i ended up with gastritis after that happened and got an endoscopy. its hard to take the right amount because you get burned or bloated if the ratio with food is not right.

Similase:
    http://www.pureprescriptions.com/similase-integrative-therapeutics-inc/p550

I take 1 per meal.
    So my plan of action was around keeping immune system up and get candida to start dying out. When the candida backs off my inflammation will go down hopefully and produce enzymes on its own. i have to keep the stomach from being indigested with the use of enzymes instead of leaving undigested food for candida. its tough. maybe you may have a recommendation for other enzymes?

prismaticmantis

The coconut flour bread mixed with oat-bran is delicious.

I have been getting muscle tension in my shoulders and neck. Not sure if it is because of the molybdenum or a die-off symptom. Gonna leave molybdenum out today and see what happens.

About the swedish bitters: you recommended taking them after a meal and then drinking lots of water. i am willing to try this but I’ve always heard not to drink fluids after meals in efforts to not dilute digestive juices.

I am planning on ordering some better probiotics and antifungals soon. Any advice on what to order? I am thinking:

SF722
    – Megafood – Mega Flora Probiotic (20 billion***)
    Pro-gest Digestive enzyme
    -Kefir starter kit (any recommendations?)
    -Ashwaganda to stimulate immune system
    -Any insight on Reishi mushroom? i’ve heard it can fight candida and is a godsend immune booster.

Any input would be awesome, thanks a lot for the help! : )
    Prismaticmantis

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Those supplements sound good in my opinion (the new ones). My only recommendation is to change up the diet more if possible. Eat some buckwheat, make the coconut flour/teff bread, eat salads more often, eat more veggies.

-Raster

prismaticmantis

OK nice. I will make try out the coconut/teff bread when i get a chance. Felt a little die-off from oregano oil. Started caprylic acid today. I am rotating this antifungal. Thanks for your input! Be well : )

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘A little help from my friends : )’ is closed to new replies.