A fresh start

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

NewMe
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi everyone!

I am just starting off with this diet… 2 days into the cleanse. I’m at a point now where I have no choice but to do this. I’ve been suffering with candida symptoms for a long time, but none were extreme enough to outweigh my love of sugar. I knew in my gut that sugar was the culprit and that I would feel so much better if I just cut it out. I was always 10-15 pounds overweight, but that increased to 30 pounds in my 20’s and 55 pounds after my third child was born. I also had 5 miscarriages between the ages of 28 and 33. This still wasn’t enough to shake me up. Then I turned 40 and it seemed like my symptoms multiplied and hit me like a ton of bricks. I started feeling like if I didn’t do something I would die! I had stiff joints, headaches, blurred vision, irritability, mood sways and a general feeling of despair. I often suffered with Athlete’s foot between my toes, but nothing that wouldn’t go away with a little cream. Then I started getting really itchy blisters on my big toe. It spread over both my feet over a period of 9 months. The blisters went away, but my feet continued to develop yellowish-white flakey skin that itch like crazy! A podiatrist confirmed that it was Athlete’s foot and gave me a cream. The cream helped a bit, but I felt like a was fighting a losing battle. My dad has really bad athlete’s foot too and has been using creams almost all his life. He now has heart problems along with a plethora or other ailments. I don’t want to end up like him! This extremely painful onset of Athlete’s foot was the symptom that finally brought me to my knees in surrender… ok, ok….. I’ll cut the sugar!!

So here I am! I am determined to succeed and go through with the diet ’till the end. I am writing here so I have a place to be accountable. Thanks in advance for your support!

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Welcome to the forum! I am sure that other people will chime in on here. Quitting sugar is a good way to start! Make sure you cut out simple carbs. too.

NewMe
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Yes, I’ve cut everything out. I am doing the cleanse as prescribed on this site. I opted to do 4 days on the first option (the broth) and to continue the rest of the two weeks with option #2 (eating veggies). I’ve read all the material on the site and I’m trying my best to follow it to a T! So far so good! This is the end of day 3. My kids are gone to their grandparent’s house, so I’ve had lots of time to sleep. That helps a lot!

Kag

That’s great! Good luck! The first part is the hardest. Make sure you look under the recipe section for recipes that you can do in the first stage.

RickiH
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 16

Welcome and good luck! I didn’t know about this forum when I started the diet back in 2009, so I didn’t follow this exact diet, but I was under the supervision of my naturopath, which really helped a lot. The first stage is the hardest–after that, it really does get easier. And places like this one help for support and motivation. 🙂

Kag

Hey NewMe, I forgot to tell you that when I work outside in the summer, sometimes I will get a bit of athlete’s foot. The thing that has helps me the most, and I think would be good for you as long as you don’t have open sores on your feet is to try tea tree oil. I have had in between my toes get really itchy and red before and I swear, I use this oil and it goes away in two days max.! My Dad and brother both have athelete’s foot and they never get rid of it as fast as I do. 🙂 But of course, they won’t use the tea tree oil because it is “natural” You can even put a bit of the oil in a warm bucket of water and soak your feet in it. In face, if you do still have sores, this might be the best way to go for pallitive care until the diet starts to work. I put it straight onto the itchy places and pull my socks on over it. Anyway, something to think about if you haven’t tried it already.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘A fresh start’ is closed to new replies.