A few worries/questions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions A few worries/questions

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

JediMindTricks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

Hi everyone, I have some questions :-

The last two days have been quite difficult. I’ve lost my appetite, especially in the mornings. Is this common?

People keep telling me that I feel exhausted because of a lack of sugar/carbs. I’m on the Able diet except I’m eating chicken. Is my exhaustion a lack of sugar/carbs or die-off symptoms?

The first 4 weeks of my diet, I was eating friut (suspected celiac until I had a trush outbreak, full story here :-http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst8752_Possible-Candida-problem.aspx). The first week (starting day 3ish) all my symptoms went, even though I was eating fruit. Is it common to feel good the first week and then feel bad? I know it’s common with celiac!

When I explain my story to anyone, they jump to the conclusion that cannabis is the cause of my problem (as I did for years). If that was the case, then surely I wouldn’t of felt good and all my symptoms go or be greatly reduced on the first week of my diet? Any insight into this is welcome 🙂

Many thanks,
    JMT.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you are avoiding carbs, then this isn’t what the diet is all about…you need carbs to function and be healthy. So I wouldn’t avoid carbs whatsoever, there is more to worry about than carbs.

Sugar occurs naturally in a lot of food items but the trick is not to completely eliminate it, but to reduce the amount of sugar you consume. There is no way to completely eliminate sugar in your diet unless you drank water only.

Everything you eat on the diet feeds the candida; its going to live on just about anything you eat strict diet or not…this is something to keep in mind. It just feeds on certain foods less than others.

Exhaustion is pretty typical with candida because your immune system is drained which then drains your adrenals. It takes a long time to recover from adrenal fatigue…it takes years! If you adrenals get too drained then your thyroid gets drained.

Cannabis only partially causes problems; it suppressses the immune system, is a toxic load on your liver, it damages your lungs, drains your adrenals, and messes with your hormones/brain (think brain fog). Its basically another toxin that your body has to process. You can still get better from my experience with cannabis but it takes longer and it slightly sets you back. You could maybe get better 10% faster without it.

There are ways to feel better and it involves eating more foods, getting light exercise (walking), getting some sun on the body, and detoxing the body from the candida toxins. If your digestion is sluggish then it may be hard to feel better because its a re-occurring cycle of food fermenting in the gut.

-raster

JediMindTricks

Thanks for the reply raster.

When I say no sugar/carbs, I mean I’m still eating lots of veggies.

Also, I may of given you the wrong impression. I haven’t smoked cannabis for 8 years. I’m just saying that people jump to the conclusion that my problems are caused by years of smoking cannabis as a young adult.

raster
    Participant

If you took antibiotics before I would blame this instead of cannabis…

You need carbs like buckwheat, oat bran, teff, rice, etc. These are necessary!

-raster

JediMindTricks

raster;47866 wrote: If you took antibiotics before I would blame this instead of cannabis…

-raster

Yep I’ve taken antibiotics before but none that I can link/around the time my problems started.

I’m sure none of these carbs were included in the e-mail Able sent me? So I should start eating these straight away?

JediMindTricks

JediMindTricks;47867 wrote:

If you took antibiotics before I would blame this instead of cannabis…

-raster

Yep I’ve taken antibiotics before but none that I can link/around the time my problems started.

I’m sure none of these carbs were included in the e-mail Able sent me? So I should start eating these straight away?

oops :(. Yeah I just checked the e-mail. These foods are on there. Silly me, straight to Tesco’s I go!

raster
    Participant

Ya, I took every single antibiotic on the market pretty much and guess what happened 15 years later when I lived in a moldy apartment? I’ve never been the same since…

Its a combination of many things; diet, lifestyle, immune system, lack of gut flora, alcohol, heavy metals from mercury fillings, etc.

-raster

JediMindTricks

raster;47871 wrote: Ya, I took every single antibiotic on the market pretty much and guess what happened 15 years later when I lived in a moldy apartment? I’ve never been the same since…

Its a combination of many things; diet, lifestyle, immune system, lack of gut flora, alcohol, heavy metals from mercury fillings, etc.

-raster

I understand. Thanks for the replies.

I think I may of given the wrong impression on the people just say it’s cannabis part as well. I’m not saying they think cannabis caused candida which is causing my problems, most of them have never heard of candida.

I’m saying they think that the cannabis caused brain damage or something. Cannabis is linked to mental health problems but I’m praying that this is not the case for me.

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

Jedi, don’t let people freak you out. As so many others on this forum have posted, it’s pretty rare to have friends and family who understand candida or support the protocol.
    Not surprising that your friends would try to finger marijuana usage — they’ve heard of that at least, unlike a candida infestation. So many of us have brain fog that the odds that candida/dysbiosis are the reason are very, very high.
    One of the other nasty things that this syndrome does is make you anxious and almost paranoid about your health. That will get better the further into the diet and protocol you get.

raster
    Participant

Here’s another fact you should share with your friends: we all have candida, just at different levels. Whether its pathogenic or not is what matters.

-raster

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘A few worries/questions’ is closed to new replies.