A few questions, pls help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions A few questions, pls help

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

I’ve been trying to log in for the past several weeks and it wouldn’t let me, argh!

Can someone please help me with the questions below:

1. Can I eat ANY type of pasta, such as brown rice pasta or buckwheat pasta?

2. I’ve noticed that green apples give me really bad gas, is that normal? In general my gas smells very foul.

3. Any advice on Threelac? Colonics?

4. Although I feel much better, I still feel like my progress is extremely slow. For example, I still get a small red rash around my lip (angular cheilitis) if I eat something I shouldn’t (even a tiny portion). Also, I developed ring worm on my leg (again!)…shouldn’t my symptoms be decreasing??

Thank you.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

To answer you questions:

1) Buckwheat pasta should be ok but brown rice should not be eaten on the diet until stage 3. Even then it can set you back. Are you planning on adding tomato sauce to the pasta? This should not be eaten on the diet.

2) You likely are getting bad gas because its a food that feeds candida and thus it produces ammonia.

3) Threelac won’t heal you much or even come close to changing the flora in your gut, it only contains 3 strains of bacteria and less than 3 billion cfu per probiotic. We recommend that you get ideally between 30-90 billion cfu of probiotic per day and this would be almost be a whole bottle of threelac per day.

4) Ringworm could be a symptom of parasites from my experience and can be reduced via the protocol as well as special antifungals such as black walnut extract.

Here’s a link to the protocol if you haven’t seen it:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

What supplements are you taking and what is your diet like currently? How long have you been on the diet?

-raster

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

Currently my supplements are: Nystatin, probiotics (that are obviously not strong enough), Vit C, multivitamin, cranberry suppl (to help prevent UTI), psyllium husk and an occasional Milk Thistle if I feel die off is approaching.

I’ve been on the diet for about 2 months; the first two weeks I did the strict diet.

My diet now consists of yogurt, coconut oil, almonds, organic meats (unless I’m eating out), sauteed veggies, eggs, milk, salmon, beans, salads, few bites of a green apple, ethnic dishes that contain veggies and tomato sauce, etc. I really try my best to stay on the diet (with the exception of milk and tomato sauce) I’ve been slipping this month because it’s my bday (parties, etc) and Thanksgiving is approaching. Still though, I haven’t eaten any desserts, candy or any other type of sweets. The cheating I did do this week consisted of eating some potato salad and a few bites of a sandwich(bread!).

Is there a particular brand of probiotic that you recommend?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We recommend the probiotics in this post:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

What kind of yogurt are you eating, how many grams of sugar per serving? Most yogurts contain 17-24g of sugar per serving while greek yogurt contains 7-11g of sugar per serving. Big difference.

If you are eating a bunch of tomato sauce, this can set you back because the sugar found in the tomatoes becomes concentrated and thus will feed the candida. One cup contains 18g of sugar:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2696/2

When you reintroduce foods, you should basically be symptom free before and afterwards. So if you get bad gas after eating some apple or other item, this means you shouldn’t be eating it yet. I introduced apples in at the 9 month point personally and didn’t notice any detriment.

Milk should not be consumed on the diet until after stage 3 and only in very small quantities if you do drink it. This is basically a cheat item.

If you are eating beef and pork this can set you back because this ferments in the gut because it takes days to digest it while chicken only takes hours.

Nystatin and prescription antifungals also do not work for everyone and thats why we recommend natural antifungals. If you don’t notice any improvement after a few more months of taking it, I would consider switching to something else.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘A few questions, pls help’ is closed to new replies.