A couple of questions (honey, hair-loss, etc.)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions A couple of questions (honey, hair-loss, etc.)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dainahilton 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

beccana14
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 21

I know eating honey is a bad idea, but I’ve been using it as a face wash and was wondering if there’s any danger in the sugar soaking into the skin and into my system to feed the candida?

Also, I’ve been losing a TON of hair lately, and I’m wondering when it will slow down. I was just assuming the hair-loss was due to my major diet change about 4 months ago (Telogen effluvium), but it’s not stopping! It’s a little disconcerting to watch my already-thin hair fall out each day. I’ve started taking some Biotin about two weeks ago (because I know we Candida sufferers tend to be low), but haven’t noticed a difference yet. (Well, the only difference I have noticed is an increase in acne. Oh goodie.)

What I’m taking:

Molybdenum acid chelate
    Fish oil
    Vitamin C
    Biotin (it’s 500mcg, but I just break off a small piece of the pill – about a 5th)
    Prenatal vitamin (We’re trying to get pregnant. This is a whole different topic that I’d be willing to explain further.)
    Coconut oil (tons throughout the day)
    Nettle Leaf Tea
    Home-made kefir (about a cup throughout the day)
    Sauerkraut

I’m sure you’ve noticed I’m not taking any probiotics or antifungals in pill form. I simply cannot afford it. I eat plenty of brussel sprouts and am adding more rutabaga into my diet. And I’m hoping the kefir and sauerkraut will be sufficient for probiotics right now.

Thanks in advance,

Rebecca

MadEmx
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

Hi, I can’t answer all of your questions, but I can share my hair loss experience. I believe mine is due to the fact that I wasn’t absorbing nutrients. It’s also why I lost so much weight in spite of consuming 2500 calories a day (I am 5’5″ 104 pounds. I am usually 115). I believe it’s due to digestive issues, intestinal damage or perhaps leaky gut. In any case, I started taking Biotin and was told it takes a few months to notice a difference. I think once my digestion is healed, my hair loss will stop. It has slowed down a bit. Fingers crossed.

Good luck!

beccana14
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 21

Thank you for your reply mademx. That’s good to hear that it takes a while to see a difference. How long have you been taking biotin?

MadEmx
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

Hi, about a month. And I was told it takes awhile to kick in. My problem is malabsorption of nutrients. i’m treating that, by repairing the gut, and that takes patience! I think once that is on the mend, the hair loss will stop.

dainahilton
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

beccana14;48354 wrote: Thank you for your reply mademx. That’s good to hear that it takes a while to see a difference. How long have you been taking biotin?

I am taking biotin since 6 months,have experienced the hair growth but not very noticable. I am a fashion designer,so my profession demands social interactions. I am using human hair extensions till the time I regain my hair.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘A couple of questions (honey, hair-loss, etc.)’ is closed to new replies.