A Candida Success Story

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions A Candida Success Story

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JohnnyO 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Through one of my close friends, I found a woman who both suffered and cured what she says was a candida infestation, and is now eating whatever she pleases. I spoke with her over the phone today at great length. Here’s her story.

Back story
    She originally moved from a cold climate to a warmer climate back in the late 1980s. In the new warmer, more humid climate, she fell very ill.

Symptoms
    Extreme fatigue, yeast infections, acid reflux, indigestion, insomnia, headaches, etc. She said it was the worst year of her life. She would barely have enough energy to take her kids to school in the morning. After that, she would come home and pass out from exhaustion.

Doctor
    She found a doctor through a local friend who was also suffering from Candida. The doctor recommended a diet, an antifungal, and tested her for allergies. She also read The Yeast Connection by Dr. Crook (probably one of the only books on yeast back in the late 1980s).

Diet
    Eliminated fermented, processed, and sugar foods. Her diet wasn’t as strict as the one here on the forum. They didn’t have the internet. She ate chicken, steak, brown rice, potatoes, and vegetables.

Antifungal
    She only took Nystatin, in pill form.

Allergy
    She tested positive for a yeast and mold allergy. Her eyes began to droop while they pricked her arm with samples of yeast and mold. Therefore, she took regular allergy shots once a week, for 2 years. She says she feels this is what helped her to get better much quicker. She felt better within 6 months, and she just kept taking the allergy shots anyway, until she eventually stopped a year or so later. She took the weekly allergy shots for a total of 2 years. She would miss a week here or there if she was on vacation, etc.

Vitamins & Probiotics
    She did not take any vitamins or probiotics, as this was back in 80s.

Cured/Current Diet/Relapses
    She eats and drinks whatever she pleases now. She drinks wine, beer, and liquor. She eats foods prepared at home and at restaurants. She has sweets, bread, meat, etc. She eats a western diet. Her current diet is not organic, she’s just not that kind of person. I don’t think she stuffs herself with junk food, but she eats care-free, I would say. I don’t think she exercises. She has not had a relapse in over 25 years.

I didn’t ask her how long she did each step during her protocol, other than she did allergy shots for 2 years. She said she did the diet and Nystatin until she felt better. Each person will be different, that is my viewpoint.

I would like to note that this is not a medical case study, nor a controlled experiment. It is simply a testimony…I have no way of knowing if she was suffering from a simple allergy to yeast or a full blown candida infestation. It is just interesting to me and thought it would provide one example of a road map of one (which I believe many who have cured Candida but don’t go on the internet posting about it) person’s cured protocol and subsequent lifestyle.

Be positive.

Jeff

1 user thanked author for this post.

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

This is what I can call CURED!!!!

This story is similar to what Dr. Orian Truss mentioned in his book “The Missing Diagnosis”.

Nystation, Allergy Shots, and Not tooooomuch strict diet.

Thanks Titan for the post, this was the info I was looking from some one who can say they are completely cured.

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

It is also my hope that people realize each person’s illness and path to recovery is different. This woman had an allergy that was causing her illness. Others will have their own UNDERLYING conditions to conquer.

I will continue on the forum diet as I don’t want to feed the candida with rice and potatoes. I want to be cured as quickly as possible. The goal is to get symptom free.

My energy was low at first on the forum’s strict diet, but after 2 months, I have regained a lot of energy.

I also believe in vitamins and minerals to boost my immune system and help heal my body.

And I will continue to take homemade kefir and probiotics, as these are making a significant impact in my treatment.

Prebiotics (juiced green veggies) and probiotics are essential in establishing strong gut flora, IMO.

I also have an allergy appt set up for next month, and I have found another local doctor that prescribes nystatin drops for me, but I will do more research before I decide to take it.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Hypo-sensitization shots reactivate the immune system to attack candida again.

I have told it many times in all candida forums. Persistent mucosal candidiasis is an immune fail no matter if the antibiotics or other cause aggravate it.

There are people who have a weak immune system against the yeast. It builds up during the years and is boosted by mercury, vaccinations, a sugary diet and many other things that contribute to this syndrome.

There is a point where the immune system ( cell-mediated immunity )don’t respond to the yeast anymore. This is the candida opportunity to invade tissue.

Jorge.

JohnnyO
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

dvjorge;31299 wrote: Hypo-sensitization shots reactivate the immune system to attack candida again.

I have told it many times in all candida forums. Persistent mucosal candidiasis is an immune fail no matter if the antibiotics or other cause aggravate it.

There are people who have a weak immune system against the yeast. It builds up during the years and is boosted by mercury, vaccinations, a sugary diet and many other things that contribute to this syndrome.

There is a point where the immune system ( cell-mediated immunity )don’t respond to the yeast anymore. This is the candida opportunity to invade tissue.

Jorge.

Hey Dvjorge,

I stumbled onto this forum today and it has lifted my spirits to know that there might be a cure to what I have been going through for the last 3 years now.

Three years ago I began to have prostatitis-like symptoms… ranging from a swollen meatus, red glands, urination frequency and urgency. I got tested for stds-negative. I went to 4 urologists got every test in the book done and everything came back normal. A year after I first got it I experienced insanely painful bloating and gas which led into a discharge, a trip to the hospital and a anti-yeast pill ( I forget what it was) that discontinued the discharge and the stomach pains and bloating.

In a nutshell, I have had penile symptoms ranging from pre-mature and painful ejaculation to urinary problems for years and everyone keeps telling me it is prostate-related because those are the most noticeable symptoms (a head-ache, foggy mind, or occasional gas/constipation can’t always be pinpointed to an illness). So most recently I have not consumed alcohol or coffee for 10 weeks (long time for a recent college graduate) and stopped smoking marijuana for the last month. It’s safe to say I’m willing to completely change my habits for some normalcy. However, I still have symptoms which leads me to believe I have candida. Otherwise I consider myself really healthy and very physically fit. I just can’t wrap my head around what I’m going through and thought that with your very well-informed opinions, you could help me out.

I have followed the talks on enemas and immunity boosts and was wondering if you could tell me the specifics of what you did so I might try to do the same to gain relief. I already eat very healthy for the most part, very low-sugar, high green content. I also have a good grasp of it mentally, although it’s very hard to not become consumed with it because of its persistance as everyone facing this knows!!!

I’d really appreciate any advice you could provide me! As you know very well any relief would be life-changing for me. I just want to get on with my life without anything hindering my progress forward.

Thanks so much,
    John O

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘A Candida Success Story’ is closed to new replies.