60 and still combating yeast

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 60 and still combating yeast

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jeremiah
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 31

Hi, I’m new and 60 in a month, a vegan, and a long time natural foods, supplement and herb buff, learned from my deceased naturopathic dad, but still am plagued with candida, from a youth being in swimming pool too much and getting ear infections, which they dealt with, you guessed it, a ton of antibiotic shots. When I started drinking a lot of beer in college I broke out with a mess of these huge pimples on my back and face. Yeast was then my enemy, and reading alot about candida in the 80’s and 90’s, always think I have it under control until it comes back. I eat only twice a day, being a meditator, which knocks down your appetite, and with a protein shake in the AM, and a tube pasta (filler) with a bunch of orgainic steamed vege’s, and orgainic thick vege soups; you’ve seen them, Pacific and Imagine in a 16 oz. box., and for the last 8 mo.’s, 4 ea. organic vegan cinnamon oatmeal raisin cookies. My candida has come back big time.
    My questions for the experts are:
    1.The vegan cookies are made with Florida Crystals Sugar (dehydrated cane juice), but otherwise darn near healthy, but how bad is the dehydrated cane juice for feeding candida, I also use Stevia in my tea and water (make my own qt. distilled water w/ baking soda to put the ph to 9.0, and my own trace minerals and a dropper of Stevia – 3 qts daily.
    2. The penne small tube pasta as a filler for the thick vege soup has sugar in the carbs, too much?
    3. Stress is always an issue with money so tight? Worry
    4. Is eating this regime but doing daily molybdenum, milk thistle, lemon in my water, and grape bitters enough to stabilize this menu?
    Thanks
    Back to top PM EMail WWW Report Abusive | Report SPAM

User Profile
    Hide User Posts

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply

Security Image:

Enter Letters From Security Image:

Users browsing this topic
    Guest (2), Jeremiah
    New Topic Post Reply

Candida Forum » Discussion » Candida Stories » I am a Vegan, still with Candida
    Forum Jump Discussion – General Discussion – Candida Stories – Candida Advice – Candida Recipes — Breakfast — Lunch / Dinner — Snacks / Treats — Cooking/Preparation Tips Admin – Announcements – Back to TheCandidaDiet.com You can post new topics in this forum.
    You can reply to topics in this forum.
    You can delete your posts in this forum.
    You can edit your posts in this forum.
    You cannot create polls in this forum.
    You can vote in polls in this forum.

Watch this topic
    Email this topic
    Print this topic
    RSS Feed
    Normal
    Threaded

YAFPro Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
    Powered by YAF 1.9.3 | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
    This page was generated in 0.389 seconds.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

First, I would check out the protocol:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Second, I would go to the allowed foods list:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

As you can see, cain sugar is not on the allowed foods list. Sugar and alcohol are the top two best things that can feed candida. This is sugar in any form, be it dairy, fruit, rice, agave extract, maple syrup, etc. Eating sugar is like leaving the windows open in a fire, it feeds the fire.

The second thing you mentioned is pasta. Unfortunately this is made out of wheat typically and this feeds the candida. Pasta is not on the allowed foods list. If you want an alternative to wheat derived pasta, try buckwheat pasta (soba) as an alternative. There is also this weird alternative pasta I saw about a month ago that I could maybe find again if you wanted…

The single most important thing you will need for your recovery other than following the diet is to take probiotics. This will introduce healthy flora to the gut which is opposite to antibiotics.

If you want to find a great reason why you got candida in the first place, it was the use of antibiotics in the past. Antibiotics stand for “against life” and destroy both the beneficial and bad flora in the gut causing an immune system imbalance. Probiotics are the cure.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Jeremiah, welcome to the forum.

1. The vegan cookies are made with Florida Crystals Sugar (dehydrated cane juice), but otherwise darn near healthy, but how bad is the dehydrated cane juice for feeding candida?

Reply: The cane juice is perfect for feeding theCandida, in fact, they could thrive for a long time on one serving.

2. The penne small tube pasta as a filler for the thick vege soup has sugar in the carbs, too much?

Reply: Depends on much sugar you’re receiving otherwise from your diet, but it probably is combined with the others.

2. Stress is always an issue with money so tight? Worry

Reply: Stress is an adrenal inhibitor which affects the immune system, so yes, it is a big issue.

4. Is eating this regime but doing daily molybdenum, milk thistle, lemon in my water, and grape bitters enough to stabilize this menu?

Reply: There are other vitamins and herbs which help and especially are boosters for the immune system’s ability. http://www.thecandidadie…ins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx
    By the way, check the bitters to see if they contain alcohol. Swedish Bitters are easier to find without the alcohol.

Let us know if you have other questions.
    Able

Jeremiah
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 31

Thanks Able and Raster – you guys have a full time job replying to all these topics. Thank you for your efforts.
    Being around health food stores all my life, I’ve gotta say my biggest set back is always having to stop research because you can’t have something checked in a lab.
    For instance, how far is our flora out of balance?
    You would think there is a lab test for how much over 50/50 is our yeast balance, which would then dictate the length of the detox. For me all these years I detox until my body feels like the brain fog has lifted and I don’t feel this weight on me, that the flora is most likely balanced, but is there a blood sample that gives a for sure?

Lab results for the different strengths of the anti-fungals, for instance garlic to me seems more powerful for purging yeast than molybdenum. Is there a strength list?

I know all sugar is bad, but are there different degrees of bad. When your detoxing you have to stop all sugar, but when you feel your balanced, can you eat some milder sugar like the dehydrated florida crystals that hasn’t been chemically processed, as I’ve read the processing has chemicals that enhance the strength of the sugar. If thats the case then after being clean, how much sugar can one eat, whether in carb form, fructose, or sucrose, and in combination with garlic, or molybdenum, or milk thistle for daily liver detox.

Do you have a link that can be read showing how to get back on a regular diet after getting balanced?

Do you have a link on the best probiotics. I take R U Ved – Gymnema – which is an herbal blend that kills sugars, daily for a long time, and always wondered if it was doing any good. I also take Digest Gold, which is the best enzyme formula replacer, that helps stabilize probiotics. Are these recommended?

When you talk of the immune system boosters, how does that correlate with the growing of too much yeast. Is there a link there.

Sorry for the questions, as I’m trying to get some reading in so as to not bother you guys to much. My old candida life was after knowing my yeast level was way to high in the intestines, I am used to certain signs, mainly skin irritations, and brain fog, bad sleep. Being vegan I only eat a protein shake in the am, and a thick vege soup in the afternoon, and then about 3 or 4 or these darn vegan cinnamon raisin oatmeal cookies.

My main question though was, don’t people after detoxing try to find anti – fungals that one goes to when they cheat and eat some sugar, so they can try and keep the balance. Able you said in one reply that molybdenum was your favorite detoxing tool. Other people must have there’s. I’m just curious how people cope when they eat sugar after detoxing.

Oh and Stevia, is that ok as it comes from leaves. Probably a dumb question. Thanks for listening. Jeremiah

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Question: So what I guess I don’t understand is, if a person were to detox and kill all the overgrowth of unnecessary yeast, can they then go back to the pasta diet or can the pasta diet run in conjuction with the antifungals?

Reply: There’s no point in doing a Candida treatment if the person is also ingesting sugar-inducing foods during the treatment. As to whether or not a pasta diet could coincide with antifungals, I’m pretty sure you’d be wasting your money on the antifungals.

Question: Is it quantity and quality of the sugar if clean and no chemicals, or just flat no sugar until the yeast is balanced and then moderate?

Reply: There are differences in the types of “sugars” of course, and this accounts for much of the differences. Think about the glycemic index of different foods as well as the different sugars.
    Glucose has a GI of 100, and is one of the best food sources for Candida albicans.
    Corn syrup has a GI value of 75.
    Sugar cane juice has a GI of 43.
    Fructose has a GI value ranging between 12 and 23.
    Maltodextrin is a sweetener used as a food additive. It has a GI of 100.
    Sucrose has a GI value between 58 and 65.
    Honey is also a type of sweetener with a GI starting at 35 going up to 87.
    As a comparison, raw Stevia extract has a GI of 0. As you can guess from this, raw Stevia extract is fine during the diet as long as it contains no ingredients other than “FOS” … this would show up on the label and of course it’s a benefit to the treatment.

Quote: I’m just curious how people cope when they eat sugar after detoxing.

Reply: Well of course the idea is NOT to eat sugar so that you don’t feed the Candida or have to figure out what to do afterwards. For the most part, if you screw up you have no choice but to continue with the treatment and hope it doesn’t set you back ‘too’ far. There are several stories on the forum discussing someone’s mistakes and the consequences they faced. As far as having an antifungal to go to after the mistake, since most of us think that there are only a few really strong ones, you could simply up the dosage of one you’re taking or add another one to your regimen if you’re rotating. If the screw-up is bad enough, of course one could redo the detox.

Quote: I also take Digest Gold, which is the best enzyme formula replacer, that helps stabilize probiotics. Are these recommended?

Reply: If you’re talking about liquid “Digest Gold Natural herbal support for improving digestion” I wouldn’t want to use it because it contains grain alcohol. On the other hand, Swedish Bitters do not
    If you’re talking about Digest Gold capsules with enzymes I wouldn’t take it because it contains amylase, hemicellulase and cellulase.

Quote: Lab results for the different strengths of the anti-fungals, for instance garlic to me seems more powerful for purging yeast than molybdenum. Is there a strength list?

Reply: Garlic is an antifungal; molybdenum is not so it’s not going to purge anything but toxins from the body. It’s meant to be used for die-off symptoms because of its ability to detox the body of the aldehydes and other toxins that the Candida excrete.

Quote: Do you have a link that can be read showing how to get back on a regular diet after getting balanced?

Reply: No I don’t. I guess that’s because it’s really very simple. You would add one new food at a time waiting at least a week between each new food and watch for any type of reaction. If a reaction occurs, then you wouldn’t try the food that caused the reaction again for at least two weeks; and so it goes.

Quote: Do you have a link on the best probiotics. I take R U Ved – Gymnema which is an herbal blend that kills sugars.

Reply: I’m not sure how this is referred to as a “probiotic” – and as far as it being dependable as a sugar destroyer, in research studies there was a lowering of cholesterol with a G. sylvestre ingestion, but it was unable to lower sucrose-induced high blood pressure. You wrote that you had taken this for a long time; how long exactly is that?

Quote: When you talk of the immune system boosters, how does that correlate with the growing of too much yeast.

Reply: The info below was taken from a message I posted just yesterday.

Candida and the Immune System:
    The part of the immune system which is most responsible for controlling the normal Candida in the body is the intestinal flora. I think everyone already knows how to go about strengthening the flora in your system as we’ve talked about this so many times on the forum. But in case anyone reading has just joined the forum, you can build the flora in the intestines by eating homemade kefir, unsweetened Greek yogurt, sauerkraut, and high doses of probiotics containing at least 14 strains of beneficial bacteria. Of course you also need to feed lots of prebiotics to the beneficial bacteria which make up the flora in order to keep them thriving and multiplying their numbers. Some of the best prebiotics are vegetables rich in fibers, homemade green vegetable juice, fresh garlic, greens (turnip, kale, mustard, etc.) onions, barley, asparagus, broccoli, artichoke, chicory root, FOS & inulin, and organic oat bran or rice bran.

Supporting the Adrenals:
    The adrenals are also part of the immune system and are also of major importance in treating an overgrowth of Candida albicans. This is because stress is always such a big problem during a Candida infestation, and stress is one of the worst enemies of the adrenals, often causing their function to be very weak, and the adrenals directly affect the function of the immune system. So obviously, if stress can be controlled this would help to strengthen the abilities of the immune system.

Some stress-reducing supplements are Pantethine (a specific form pantothenic acid), acetyl-l-carnitine (an amino acid/building block for proteins), natural vitamin C sources as well as a higher-than-normal vitamin C supplement, pantothenic acid (B5). These all provide special nutrients which support the adrenals, calm emotional stress, and boost nerve function, mental performance, and mood. Also adaptogenic herbs have the ability to strengthen the immune system considerably more than you would imagine. The best of these herbs is one called Ashwaganda. In addition to stimulating the adrenal glands, Ashwaganda also improves stamina. Before you take any herb you should consider any other supplement or prescription interactions. If you are using a prescription drug you should consider consulting with your physician before taking any herb.

Caffeine’s Role:
    Caffeine induces a surprising amount of stress in the body which causes adrenal fatigue; this in turn leads to a low immune system. One mild cup of coffee daily is probably not going to cause any problems unless your adrenals are already extremely weak to begin with. The reason I say this is because, as the adrenals become weaker this decreases the ability of the body to deal with stress responses. This in turn leads to more stress, further weakening the adrenals. You can see how this can become a downward spiral if the adrenals are not strong enough to rebound from the times of being overworked.

Able

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘60 and still combating yeast’ is closed to new replies.