6 weeks in and foods that cause a reaction

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 6 weeks in and foods that cause a reaction

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mattcotton37 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mattcotton37
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 8

I’m 6 weeks into my anti candida diet, but I’ve seen a few foods listed on the Ok to eat list that this site provides, have a reaction. The foods are

Nuts-Although I did eat a lot in one sitting

Green Beans-Had those two days ago and I’m feeling a reaction-Tiredness, anxiety, brain fog, lower back ache.

Sardines-Had those a couple of weeks ago and two days later the reaction came-Tiredness,anxiety,brain fog.lower back ache

Before I committed to this diet fully I have to admit I had a lot of sugar and carbs and the reactions are less time consuming, at its peak i would feel awful for about a week.

I’m guessing that my candida overgrowth is pretty bad and I’ve committed to doing at least 3 months on this diet and then see how i feel. Its quite hard having faith that as long as I stick to it things will improve.

I have some quinoa and buckwheat which im oing to hold off from. I’m also maintaining my weight which was a huge worry beforehand as im naturally slim anyway.

Thanks

Matt

EthanT
    Participant
    Replies: 17

Hi mattcotton37,

If I’m not mistaken (and hopefully a more knowledgeable member can confirm or deny), I believe Candida can lead to (temporary?) food allergies.

Having said that, my own experience has told me it is REALLY hard to tell what is going on in your gut and that makes it super easy to¬† think you got all sorts of things going on (like allergies to certain foods) that you really don’t.

There is a blood test out there by Meridian Labs you can get that can tell you if you have certain allergies and test for Candida and be a pretty good indicator as to whether you have “leaky gut”.

mattcotton37
    Participant
    Replies: 8

Thanks for the reply. I had a allergy food test done with yorktest in the UK and a few foods came back. Eggs for example if eaten too much can cause stomach issues, which was spot on. Other than a few , but none of the ones I’ve highlighted came up.

I’ll have a look at meridian but I’m 100% certain i have candida.

THanks

Matt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘6 weeks in and foods that cause a reaction’ is closed to new replies.