6 months, no progress, need input on my diet..

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 6 months, no progress, need input on my diet..

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  lmm 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Jersey
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 13

Hey guys. I’m 29, and I believe I’ve been suffering with Candidiasis since I was a kid. I’ve had strong anxiety/depression/brain fog as long as I can remember. Around 10 or 11 I started getting foot fungus and few patches of psoriasis, which have never gone way- despite lots of creams and pills. I tried prescription anti-depressants for a few years. What a nightmare. I’ll never go back there again.
    So I started the candida diet about 6 months ago, but really thought I would be feeling different by now. My anxiety is so bad, and so I’ve temporarily stepped out of my job. This is the biggest factor for me, and I’m still not able to go back to work. I just want to put a quick list of my daily diet here, and if you guys could let me know if I’m eating anything that may be holding up progress.
    First thing in morning- Bottle of water with 2x Candex. Half hour after is AppleCiderVinegar Tea, followed by probiotics.
    Breakfast is two servings of Bobs Red Mill Gluten free Oat Bran, with a tblspoon of coconut oil, and tblspoon Almond butter. And Stevia for sweetining. Alive Liquid Multivitamin after eating. Brief cardio exercise.
    Around 11am, Large omelet, with Kefir added. A whole pepper(either green,red, or yellow) chopped up, half an onion chopped, and a few cloves of raw garlic added. GSE in Stevia soda with meal, and 2x Candida Clear(Or OLE).
    ACV Tea around noon, followed by Probiotics shortly after.
    Glass of Kefir in afternoon. More exercise. Lunch is usually a salad. Sometimes a McDonalds salad- prob not good. Snack on Almonds throughout day. Also, snack on Organic Blue Corn Chips, with Organic Humus. Maybe a handful of chips. But always have other food with it.
    Dinner is usually grilled chicken or steak, with a steamed vegetable. Green beans, or broccoli. GSE with meal, and Candida Clear(Or OLE).
    more exercise after.
    Two servings of Oat bran, with coconut oil and almond butter at night.
    Probiotics before bed.
    I try to drink 4-5 bottles of filtered water daily. I squeeze a quarter of lemon in every bottle. Also started digestive enzymes before every meal, recently. Milk Thistle daily. Also been doing a week on and week off of daily enemas.
    Any input would be great.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Jersey;31166 wrote: Hey guys. I’m 29, and I believe I’ve been suffering with Candidiasis since I was a kid. I’ve had strong anxiety/depression/brain fog as long as I can remember. Around 10 or 11 I started getting foot fungus and few patches of psoriasis, which have never gone way- despite lots of creams and pills. I tried prescription anti-depressants for a few years. What a nightmare. I’ll never go back there again.
    So I started the candida diet about 6 months ago, but really thought I would be feeling different by now. My anxiety is so bad, and so I’ve temporarily stepped out of my job. This is the biggest factor for me, and I’m still not able to go back to work. I just want to put a quick list of my daily diet here, and if you guys could let me know if I’m eating anything that may be holding up progress.
    First thing in morning- Bottle of water with 2x Candex. Half hour after is AppleCiderVinegar Tea, followed by probiotics.
    Breakfast is two servings of Bobs Red Mill Gluten free Oat Bran, with a tblspoon of coconut oil, and tblspoon Almond butter. And Stevia for sweetining. Alive Liquid Multivitamin after eating. Brief cardio exercise.
    Around 11am, Large omelet, with Kefir added. A whole pepper(either green,red, or yellow) chopped up, half an onion chopped, and a few cloves of raw garlic added. GSE in Stevia soda with meal, and 2x Candida Clear(Or OLE).
    ACV Tea around noon, followed by Probiotics shortly after.
    Glass of Kefir in afternoon. More exercise. Lunch is usually a salad. Sometimes a McDonalds salad- prob not good. Snack on Almonds throughout day. Also, snack on Organic Blue Corn Chips, with Organic Humus. Maybe a handful of chips. But always have other food with it.
    Dinner is usually grilled chicken or steak, with a steamed vegetable. Green beans, or broccoli. GSE with meal, and Candida Clear(Or OLE).
    more exercise after.
    Two servings of Oat bran, with coconut oil and almond butter at night.
    Probiotics before bed.
    I try to drink 4-5 bottles of filtered water daily. I squeeze a quarter of lemon in every bottle. Also started digestive enzymes before every meal, recently. Milk Thistle daily. Also been doing a week on and week off of daily enemas.
    Any input would be great.

Jersey,
    The biggest mistake you are making is ACV, next GSE. About the diet, Corn Chips, Organic Humus (?), and the almond butter must be totally sugar free.
    ACV and GSE are probably the worst.

Jorge.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Is the apple cider vinegar raw organic apple cider vinegar or regular distilled ACV? There is a big difference; one feeds the candida while the other does not.

Candida clear is a multi-antifungal product which we don’t recommend on the forum. This is why:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4662_Rotating-Antifungals–Why-we-SHOULDNT-do-it.aspx

Corn should not be eaten on the diet whatsoever and feeds the candida.

If you are eating steak (beef) this is not allowed on the diet. Beef and pork take days to digest in the gut (and ferment) while chicken and fish only take hours to digest. Basically beef and pork make you constipated and creates a beneficial environment for candida.

You diet doesn’t have enough food and you likely are experiencing weight loss. You need to eat close to twice the amount of food.

For anxiety, we recommend the herb ashwagandha which can likely aid in your symptoms.

What brand of probiotics are you taking? We recommend taking a high strain high count probiotic that contains either DDS-1 or HMF (human micro flora).

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

I would look at trying out SF722 undecenoic acid as an alternative to the antifungals you are currently taking; for many people this really allows them to make better progress.

Additionally, if you are taking a digestive enzyme on top of candex there is no need to do this because candex is a digestive enzyme. You don’t need two digestive enzymes at once.

Are you still experiencing die-off?

I would stop eating McDonald’s salads which are likely filled with GMO and either make organic salads at home or go to an organic salad bar. If you think Mcdonald’s salads are made from pure ingredients, I have an argument against this.

There’s a lot of supplements we can recommend but we are not naturopathic doctors.

-raster

Jersey
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 13

Thanks guys. I’m replying to you both here. The ACV I’m using is Braggs raw ACV. I’ve also been using the Braggs Salad dressing. Thoughts? Still a no go? I also mix Inulin in with the tea.
    Corn chips- So even just a few of the corn chips with humus, I shouldn’t do that at all?
    Jorge- I’ve read so many good things about the GSE. Why do you say I shouldn’t be doing that?
    About the steak- I think I’d read something along those lines that I want to keep everything moving. Okay. No more steak.
    Raster- I’ve lost 15 lbs since I started this diet. And I didn’t have any fat to lose:/ Bunch of muscle. I had been working out a lot for the year leading up to this diet, and taking a ton of a very sugary protein mix, and drinking a ton of Organic Fruit smoothies. I really think I caused all this to spiral out of control, unknowingly.
    So yeah, just hard and expensive to buy all this healthy, organic stuff. What do both of you guys think about the Gluten Free Organic oat bran?? That’s a huge chunk of calories for me, but I’m gonna stop eating it if anyone even suggests that it may be what’s holding me back. ?
    Jorge- the almond butter has 1g of sugar per tablespoon- which is what I use in a bowl of oat bran. No go? (I really added it cause I’m just trying to put more calories in my diet. I’ll take suggestions for more calories too!!)
    Probiotic- I started out just doing Kefir back in May. Then started with Threelac in August. Switched to Fivelac in September. Added one called PB8- from Nutrition Now- maybe two weeks ago. And then I just got in the mail a new one from Swanson- called Ultimate Probiotic Formula. 66 billion organisms per capsule. Would love if you guys would check it out for me.
    http://www.swansonvitamins.com/lee-swanson-signature-line-ultimate-probiotic-formula-3-pack-3-30-ct-bottles-veg-caps
    Raster- I have no delusion that McDonalds salads and the chicken they use are not FULL of crap! ha ha. It’s just I have waves of completely no energy, and sometimes it’s much easier to go buy a salad:/ But yeah, I’ll probably stop doing them now.
    I just ordered the SF722. I’ll look into ashwagandha herb. But please, suggest away if you guys think some other supplements could help.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Jersey;31172 wrote: Thanks guys. I’m replying to you both here. The ACV I’m using is Braggs raw ACV. I’ve also been using the Braggs Salad dressing. Thoughts? Still a no go? I also mix Inulin in with the tea.
    Corn chips- So even just a few of the corn chips with humus, I shouldn’t do that at all?
    Jorge- I’ve read so many good things about the GSE. Why do you say I shouldn’t be doing that?
    About the steak- I think I’d read something along those lines that I want to keep everything moving. Okay. No more steak.
    Raster- I’ve lost 15 lbs since I started this diet. And I didn’t have any fat to lose:/ Bunch of muscle. I had been working out a lot for the year leading up to this diet, and taking a ton of a very sugary protein mix, and drinking a ton of Organic Fruit smoothies. I really think I caused all this to spiral out of control, unknowingly.
    So yeah, just hard and expensive to buy all this healthy, organic stuff. What do both of you guys think about the Gluten Free Organic oat bran?? That’s a huge chunk of calories for me, but I’m gonna stop eating it if anyone even suggests that it may be what’s holding me back. ?
    Jorge- the almond butter has 1g of sugar per tablespoon- which is what I use in a bowl of oat bran. No go? (I really added it cause I’m just trying to put more calories in my diet. I’ll take suggestions for more calories too!!)
    Probiotic- I started out just doing Kefir back in May. Then started with Threelac in August. Switched to Fivelac in September. Added one called PB8- from Nutrition Now- maybe two weeks ago. And then I just got in the mail a new one from Swanson- called Ultimate Probiotic Formula. 66 billion organisms per capsule. Would love if you guys would check it out for me.
    http://www.swansonvitamins.com/lee-swanson-signature-line-ultimate-probiotic-formula-3-pack-3-30-ct-bottles-veg-caps
    Raster- I have no delusion that McDonalds salads and the chicken they use are not FULL of crap! ha ha. It’s just I have waves of completely no energy, and sometimes it’s much easier to go buy a salad:/ But yeah, I’ll probably stop doing them now.
    I just ordered the SF722. I’ll look into ashwagandha herb. But please, suggest away if you guys think some other supplements could help.

The reason you can not take ACV and GSE is the antibacterial activity. Antibiotics are the # 1 cause of this syndrome. You must stop taking antibiotics to overcome it.
    If you read ” An Extraordinary Power To Heal ” by Bruce Semon, MD, you will notice how he says the worst offenders are malt and vinegar. Vinegar kills bacteria like any antibiotic. Stop doing that.
    GSE is a powerful antibiotic that you must stop. Also, it is no natural at all. It has dangerous preservatives added.
    Almond butter, if you don’t react to it, isn’t a problem.

Jorge.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The almond butter should be as fresh as possible, otherwise it is stuff that has been sitting in a sealed container for weeks, if not months. This could be problematic.

Threelac and fivelac are basically some of the worst probiotics on the market. They contain about 500 million cfu probiotic per capsule when you ideally need 30-90 billion CFU probiotic per day to get better. This would be about one whole bottle per day. I would check out the probiotics I showed you in the link earlier, this should make a major difference. Probiotics are the single most important thing you need to get better.

I would check out these two posts for some basic vitamins and minerals to get on the diet:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm20610_Supplements–Brand-Recommendations.aspx#post20610

I recommend vitamins abcdek, minerals such as selenium, calcium, zinc, magnesium, iodine, etc.

We also developed this general plan to get better if you are interested:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

There is a whole market out there created to treat candida and related health problems. There are good and bad brands; my favorite include integrative thereaputics, thorne, standard process, and pure encapsulations. I would check out their product lines and look at the types of things they all produce and create.

Here are some of raster’s supplement basics:
    -SF722
    -Good probiotic
    -Good liver support (milk thistle)
    -Vitamins and minerals (mentioned above)
    -Anti-inflammatory supplement: fermented cod liver oil
    -Essential fatty acids
    -Hydro-chloric acid (zypan or betaine HCL)
    -Digestive enzymes or swedish bitters
    -L-glutamine to heal the gut
    -One more antifungal such as garlic, black walnut extract, etc. (do your research)

Hope this gets you in the right direction.

I would also check out the recipe’s part of the forum and start to make your own food at home.

-raster

dave
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 34

Jorge: “The reason you can not take ACV and GSE is the antibacterial activity. Antibiotics are the # 1 cause of this syndrome. You must stop taking antibiotics to overcome it.
    If you read ” An Extraordinary Power To Heal ” by Bruce Semon, MD, you will notice how he says the worst offenders are malt and vinegar. Vinegar kills bacteria like any antibiotic. Stop doing that.
    GSE is a powerful antibiotic that you must stop. Also, it is no natural at all. It has dangerous preservatives added.
    Almond butter, if you don’t react to it, isn’t a problem.”

Im just wondering about this because I have heard from multiple, multiple sources about how ACV is a very good tool to incorporate inn an anti-candida diet and overall health as it differs from the other types of vinegar, however I do not know specifically how…are there any others here with experience or knowledge who can chime in on this?

Also, GSE (I assume grapefruit seed extract?) is also supposed to be a powerful antifungual that I understand will discriminate against the bad bacteria (candida) vs the good bacteria we ingest (probiotics) if anyone has research to support claims in either direction I think we would all be appreciative. Thanks

P.S. Almond butter can often get mold quickly and is best made at home and consumed within a few days when possible.

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

Try the “The Phobia and Anxiety workbook.” It really helped me.

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

Ditto. I’m very confused. To ACV/GSE or not to ACV/GSE?

Aren’t practically all anti-fungals anti-biotic? If you take probiotics after anti-fungals, will it not replenish the good bacteria without having to battle with candida?

Thanks –
    Len

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘6 months, no progress, need input on my diet..’ is closed to new replies.