5 weeks on diet and still no success :(

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 5 weeks on diet and still no success :(

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Participant
    Topics: 39
    Replies: 38

I have been on the candida diet for 5 weeks and still have had no success! my symptoms are not better, they are:
    Vaginal yeast infection
    Brain fog
    Tiredness/lack of energy
    Sugar cravings
    Hunger
    Depression
    Anxiety
    Shouldn’t my symptoms be better by now? I have a medium case of candida. Thanks for any replies xx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

1000557 wrote: Shouldn’t my symptoms be better by now? I have a medium case of candida.

Yes, they should if you’re following the protocol on the forum. Is this the protocol you’ve been following?
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Tell us what you’re taking in the way of supplements at this time; all antifungals, vitamins, etc.

Able

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

The 5 week mark was weird for me as I was getting better than I started having a lot of diarrhea now it’s gone and I’m better at 7 weeks. You should have started feeling better by now. List you foods and supplements.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

i’m around 5 weeks too, using more of the protocol on the website. I had been feeling much better (since I got molybdenum), until today. I feel awful again (nausea, dizziness, chronic fatigue, skin flaring up again, depression, short tempered). My wife has been ill, so chances are i’ve picked up what she has to add to it.

bighopes
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 24

Im curious where you got the molybdenum in London? If its available there I might be able to get it in Belfast ? Can you tell me where you got your hands on it ?
    thanks so much

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

bighopes wrote: Im curious where you got the molybdenum in London? If its available there I might be able to get it in Belfast ? Can you tell me where you got your hands on it ?
    thanks so much

here: http://nutricentre.com/p-26318-kirkman-laboratories-molybdenum-100mcg-hypoallergenic.aspx

Bit lower mcg levels, but the correct type.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello 1000557,

If you think you can beat candida overgrowth in 5 weeks, then you have the wrong idea. It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida overgrowth. Most people typically feel worse before they get better because of the die-off symptoms, etc.

What is your diet like? Are you following the strict forum diet or the website diet? The biggest reason you might not be recovering as quickly as you hoped is because your diet might not be strict enough…foods such as rice, nuts, etc can feed candida.

Are you taking a probiotic? If so, what brand? Taking probiotics is the single most important thing you need for your recovery, and if you are not taking them, then you aren’t going to heal yourself as much as you’d like.

The third most important thing you need to get better is good supplements and vitamins; what are you taking as far as this is concerned?

-raster

boganmobile
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 30

raster wrote: Hello 1000557,

If you think you can beat candida overgrowth in 5 weeks, then you have the wrong idea. It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida overgrowth.

-raster

Good point. Do you know where we can find more information about the recovery time?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The recovery time varies person to person and you shouldn’t set a strict timeline. It takes the body a long time to heal, especially when you consider all of those holes in your gut that the candida created. I’ve been on the diet for about a year and am pretty much symptom free. I’ve had assistance from a naturopath too of course, so its hard to say how long it will take for any of you to heal. I’d say stick to the general 6-18 month timeline.

-raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘5 weeks on diet and still no success :(’ is closed to new replies.