5 Months on the Diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 5 Months on the Diet

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

InsentientIllness
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

Hello people, this is my first post. I’ve been struggling with candida for over four years. Depression, stress, and eating wrong caused it. For over the first year I didn’t know what was wrong with me. When I finally figured out what I had and got the hang of what to eat it was about 2 years later, but I messed up on the diet several times so I’m just going to count the past 5 months. I seem to not be getting better now.. just kind of a stand still and I’m looking for advice on what I can do differently that might help me notice improvement. Let me explain the past 5 months.

Month:1-2 I ate mostly salad with walnut and almonds, an eggs or 2, and some oat bran(sprinkled with stevia and cinnamon). Antifungals were sf722, pau d’arco(pills & tea), and a little garlic. Die off was horrible. I had so much anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, brain FFOOOOGG, and a little self harm to cope with it all. I also drank Milk Thistle tea hoping it would help the detox process. Was quite constipated so I also drank senna tea and did an enema once to twice a week. Sometimes for a few days BM went great, like when I ate more carrots or ate no meat, but after a few days things went back to sluggish. Oh I also juiced Celery, carrots, & green apple.

Month:3 I ate pretty much the same but barely any meat and added some black beans & brown rice(sprinkled with turmeric), had some beefy stuffed red peppers, and yogurt.. well actually a lot of yogurt. Feeling so emotionally nothing made me try to fill the lack with yogurt. Yogurt doesn’t have fiber though. This caused problems. The enemas and senna tea continued. Was feeling less bad but things were still bad. I think I took coconut oil as antifungal around this time. Made my head feel weird a bit.

Month:4 No meat. Got Donna Gate’s book and started trying kefir and cultured veggies. I take my milk kefir with a spoon of ground flax seed(fiber very important), walnuts, almond, and green apple. This has helped my BM. Didn’t take more than a few days and I started going without having to force it out with tea and shooting coffee up there. I do believe when I first took cultured veggies I got a reaction(probably die or something) but I eat it fine now.

Month:5 Meals are usually something like Kefir, oat bran, egg omlet, brown rice & black beans with steamed veggies, salad. Less common meals are buckwheat pancakes, coconut flour pancakes(I prefer buckwheat much more),cultured veggies.

How all this has helped so far, symptoms I had:
    -Over acidic stomach(AWAYS HUNGRY)
    -Nausea to bout everything I ate
    -Fatigue
    -Teeth sensitivity
    -Stinky(even short after shower)
    -Couldn’t hold in much water, had to pee even though it was little bits
    -Dehydrated
    -Insomnia
    -Constipation & Lose stool
    -Acid reflux(probably my fault with the daily tea, beans, and smokes)
    -Ringing in ears
    -Very dry eyes and vision got a bit bad
    -Acne
    -Depressionlack of feeling feely feelings or just feeling straight up horrible
    -Anxiety
    -Suicidal thoughts
    -Brain Fog
    -Memory Loss

All are gone except these which still improved:
    -Teeth sensitivity left for a few months then came back
    -Acne
    -Anxiety

These are about the same:
    -lack of feeling feely feelings.. I feel nothing. It’s not like empty.. when a cup is empty there is still a cup. I’m nothing. I’m gone.
    -Suicidal thoughts yep
    -Brain fog
    -Memory loss. Now when I say memory loss I mean I can’t seem to recall ANY memory. Like I still am able to better hold factual information, like I know that I know this person, but I can’t actually remember any memory I had with this person.. and we had a lot.. we were close.. but I can’t remember them.. and they’ve all drifted away:( It’s like when you awake from a dream and that memory quickly fades, and the feelings from the dream fade, and all you’re able to remember is that it was one weird dream. But it was nice and you forgot it.

How can I get my memory working again, and emotions, to enjoys the things I use to love doing? Music, reading, guitar, and what ever else I forgot I enjoyed. I want to be me again. I want to get out of being stuck. Stuck with nothing I can really do about it. Read? I forget what I read before I can finish the book. Hard to learn new songs on guitar. Impossible to communicate and connect with people and even old friends. I don’t recognize myself or feel comfortable how are they suppose to be able to. I was almost 16 when I got sick.. I just turned 20 this month. My life is passing by and I just want to get back what illness took away from me. Am I doing everything good and just need to wait some more? I want to speed things up.

Can someone tell about what has worked for them? To improve brain function and all? How long it took? Or maybe you just want to relate how candida ruined things in you life. Some encouragement. Thnx You!

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Your my son’s age,reading this killed me.

If you want, copy what you wrote here and mail it in to Dr Morse.
    He reads it over youtube (all you have to do is give yourself an anonymous name…although I didnt care and I straight-up used my own ) and offers advice. He is very familiar with candida, but is really heavy into herbs and raw foods being important. He is a spiritual guy, so if your not about that you just have to take the good and ignore the rest.
    I actually adore that part of him,though. I resonate with it.

If you like what he has to say, its usually not expensive. And for what its worth, he doesnt insist anyone buys his herbal stuff, he tells you straight-out to see whats in his formulas, you might already have something similar at home already.

Honestly, I think many here (including myself) are actually just doing too much.
    We start taking a boatload of supplements,enzymes,antifungals,vitamins, and all this stuff overloads the body,too.

Whether its good stuff pouring in,or bad stuff pouring in, the bottom line is that sometimes the body just needs a rest from *anything* pouring in, you know?

You need your calories/carbs. They are wicked-important for neurotransmitters and keeping your brain chemistry from swinging.
    Are you still using coconut oil?
    First time I used it my throat tightened and my head felt dizzy ( a good dizzy, which worried me) but after daily use, I cant even tell I took it, and I can say it is really helpful.
    Also, flax. Foods baked with flaxmeal are awesome and have the good fat your brain needs in them.
    I really think this might help with the depression.

I think your post bugged me because the first day I found out I had candida, I was experiencing massive die-off and was so suicidal, I mean it was the darkest day ever. It did leave…and its going to leave for you too.

Getting you eliminating 2-3 times a day is going to be KEY here.
    Please let me know if I can help. Im still on the journey myself, but im seeing progress.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Do you take any medications like sleep medication, etc? Do you smoke MJ or any other drugs? I’d recommend flax oil to help with your brain health. There are lots of supplements you can take to aid you brain.

-raster

Vegan Catlady

raster;54705 wrote: Do you take any medications like sleep medication, etc? Do you smoke MJ or any other drugs? I’d recommend flax oil to help with your brain health. There are lots of supplements you can take to aid you brain.

-raster

Raster, you recently posted an article on the connection between gut bacteria and brain health too http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst10179_Gut-flora-and-brain-health-article.aspx

There is even more out there on this topic too.

Would it be fair to say that a certain amount of depression unfortunately is normal until good bacteria is on the rise?

InsentientIllness

Thnx Cat Lady & Raster 4 reply

@raster Nope. No meds or drugs. I did smoke some cigarettes, like 1 or 2 a day, I found it helped me relieve my bowel, it worked about a third of the time, but I don’t smoke now. I’ve heard about flax oil before but haven’t tried it yet. I think I’ll get some tomorrow and see how it works.

@cat Lady It’s nice to hear the dark feelings and thoughts will leave. I’ve been like this so long and my memory is so bad I don’t even know what it is going to be like when I finally wake up myself again. How long have you’ve been sick with candida and how was/is your memory? I just watched a vid Dr. Morse did on candida and will look at his products. I think he said something about cayenne, and read it’s a good antifungal, so I’ll try that.
    I stopped taking coconut oil raw along with other antifungal to kinda give myself a break but Imma start taking it again along with garlic and pau d’arco. I have been taking ground flax seed in my kefir still. Should I take other flax on top of that? I only go about once a day so I’m thinking maybe try more flax, or add more spoons in kefir. I’m also taking an Omega 3-6-9 sup. which has some flax in it.

Vegan Catlady

Well this was my experience, so take it with a grain of salt because everyone is different:

I realized I had candida December 27 of 2013, but have been very ill prior on and off and now realize it was candida all along.

I have taken 2 rounds of antibiotics in a bigtime way (one was cipro for walking pneumonia, and the other was a cocktail of 4 different antibiotics for an infection that turned up negative) and I have never been the same since.

After reading the forum for a while, I decided it was a good idea to try taking a probiotic in a bigger dose.
    I took 15 billion of “Ultimate Flora” (post #115 & 116 http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9863p6_Here-to-learn-what-works-and-what-doesnt—is-this-a-forever-thing.aspx?= )
    and I have to say, I am not keen to do it again…even though I keep saying im going to try half a dose soon.

There are several articles showing gut-flora IMPROVES outlook,emotion,and depression; but I took what is allegedly the GOOD bacteria, and I was so depressed that day that I was ready to run away from home. No lie.
    I was also lucky to realize that this was temporary, which didnt make me feel better, but it did make me hesitate to say what was on my mind or do anything dumb.

Toxins can make the memory/brain foggy. Weird balances of gut bacteria can put you in a bad mood.Feeding yeast can make you dizzy and forget what you were going to say. The ONLY thing that cleared my mind,like crystal clear, was fasting for a day…doing lemon water and herbal tea only…and eliminating (like 3 bm a day).
    It doesnt last though.

From what your saying, your supplements have enough flax. Take into consideration is that some fats and fatty acids like flax can thin your blood. So can garlic. This is another reason why keeping it simple can be a better choice for those of us,like me, that do not know all the physical side effects of these antifungal/enzyme/herbal supplements.

I learned yesterday that I couldnt take Advil while taking my red clover herb. Apparently it could have messed me up.

The reason I dig Dr Morse is because he believes that your body can heal itself when you get your organs and glands working right. He uses herbs, but he is not into taking supplements and vitamins and pills because they dont grow out of the ground;they are not food. He keeps it natural, so that your body doesnt get taxed.

This resonates with me.
    I see others getting good results from taking pills and supplements with weird names and numbers and they say they are recovering…so you go where you feel drawn, because a positive attitude will yield a better result.

I noticed that my candida flares even when I am eating super strict if my stress is high.
    This means all the antifungals in the world aint going to do a thing while im stressing. Im ordering adrenal support and endocrine formula from Dr Morse. Im hoping if I get my glands working proper again, my body will get rid of the candida using my immune system instead of me taking a bunch of stuff.

I eat no meat and I keep my protocol simple. I consume ALOT of coconut cream yogurt (this way I get probiotics in small amounts and the coconut fat in the yogurt is antifungal…so even if I get the “raspberry” one, I dont really relapse) So Delicious brand.

I do a LOT of herbal teas too.

Im journaling what works and what hasnt. Just incase someone googling a topic I wrote about can find value in it.
    You find patterns in journaling… so that might be a good idea,too 🙂
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9863_Here-to-learn-what-works-and-what-doesnt—is-this-a-forever-thing.aspx

Vegan Catlady

BTW….
    I am reading on another forum now about the ability of resistant starch to improve neurotransmitters and mood,and *IF* what they are saying and experiencing is valid, it can kill 10 birds with one stone here (hate that saying).

RS helps to encourage good bacteria bloom, improve brain chemistry balance, lessen candida by proxy, and as a side-note,encourage very vivid dreaming (which many people never experience in a lifetime).

When I learn more, I will share it.

***** This just posted this morning, the newest vid by Dr Morse.
    Within 15 minutes of the vid, he addresses a question about fungus.
    I havent watched the whole thing (into it 30 minutes) but its really good so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_13ab3hdo44

InsentientIllness

I would like to fast for a couple days or so and see if my brain is more clear. Might start the fast tomorrow and drink teas and lime juice. I have done it before and did feel slightly more ok physically, but not much change brain wise.

I have a theory as to why all my physical symptoms have improved and went away but not my brain symptoms. I think it’s lack of sugar. The brain needs glucose but the candida feed on sugar so by starving the candida I’m also starving my brain. The bits of candida that are still there take the bits of sugar, so I think my brain symptoms won’t be gone until the candida problem is almost fully taken care of. Toxins also play a part but I think I use to be A LOT more toxic and still was able to think better, be creative, and feel some emotions, but I felt a lot of bad emotions too like anxiety. Then when I started the diet, and after die off, it’s like I don’t feel the bad or the good. It’s just nothing. So I think my brain is less toxic but also less glucose.

When I started the diet one of the first times, without taking antifungals, I had vivid magical dreams of flying and running from dragons and what not. But that lasted like a week then I didn’t seem to really dream anymore.

I think brown rice and beans have RS. I haven’t been eating that as much lately though. I’ll start again and also season it with turmeric which is an antifungal and also heard it helps with mood.

Vegan Catlady

InsentientIllness;54742 wrote: I would like to fast for a couple days or so and see if my brain is more clear. Might start the fast tomorrow and drink teas and lime juice. I have done it before and did feel slightly more ok physically, but not much change brain wise.

I have a theory as to why all my physical symptoms have improved and went away but not my brain symptoms. I think it’s lack of sugar. The brain needs glucose but the candida feed on sugar so by starving the candida I’m also starving my brain. The bits of candida that are still there take the bits of sugar, so I think my brain symptoms won’t be gone until the candida problem is almost fully taken care of. Toxins also play a part but I think I use to be A LOT more toxic and still was able to think better, be creative, and feel some emotions, but I felt a lot of bad emotions too like anxiety. Then when I started the diet, and after die off, it’s like I don’t feel the bad or the good. It’s just nothing. So I think my brain is less toxic but also less glucose.

When I started the diet one of the first times, without taking antifungals, I had vivid magical dreams of flying and running from dragons and what not. But that lasted like a week then I didn’t seem to really dream anymore.

I think brown rice and beans have RS. I haven’t been eating that as much lately though. I’ll start again and also season it with turmeric which is an antifungal and also heard it helps with mood.

I agree that carbs are important for normal brain functioning.
    I have links to studies showing ketogenic diets are worse for candida infection in the long run, and I believe it is “Dr Jeff” McCombs that agrees we need some carbs to recover from candida.

Your lacking dreams and feelings is a deficiency symptom. Of what,Im not sure, but I know I have heard it several times so it stuck.
    Are you able to get blood panel done if you need to?
    I think they run around 250-300$. CBC,Metabolic,vitamin deficiencies,ect.

I hate doing the trial and error thing, but vitamin B6 deficiency (rare to have) causes depression, irritability, and adding it can cause dreams to come back full-force.
    http://www.rebuildfromdepression.com/vitamin-b-6-dream-recall/

It couldnt hurt to take an “Emergen C” once a day ( I know,it has sugar.I take it, so maybe half of us can without issue). B vitamins in the Emergen C.
    Including B12, which may also be a factor here.

Vitamin D is a common vitamin to be deficient in,too.

Candida is such a messed up illness, because no 2 people have the same symptoms.
    If candida wasnt in my esophagus, I wouldnt know to look for it.
    They thought I had GERD for the longest time.

Everyone is different.

InsentientIllness

I’ve done test before and they always came back normal. I’m not sure if it’s a deficiency or my body/brain is unable to use it the way it should be. For months I took a B-Complex and Magnesium and it did seem to help with insomnia but I din’t notice much else improve. I am probably lacking some vitamin D, I’ll start taking that along with more Vitamin C.

Something I think is also bothering me is the air. I did an allergy test and it came positive that I’m sensitive to certain pollen and stuff. And during my time being ill I went up north a couple times(before being on diet) and BAM! In less than 48hours I start feeling again, doing things I like doing, actually wanting to do things and being creative and writing. And my sex drive, that went from non-existent to much too much. And the only thing different was the air. Still ate the same and life was still boring. My memory still didn’t improve though while being up there, and after I came back south the feelings faded out again. However the last time I went up north I Was on the diet and nothing improved. In fact I felt much more disconnected then I did the first two times. I wonder if someone else has experienced something like that.

Vegan Catlady

I spent a good part of my day reading/listening about adrenal fatigue.

That,my friend, describes you to a T.

You said in your last post ” And the only thing different was the air. Still ate the same and life was still boring. My memory still didn’t improve though while being up there, and after I came back south the feelings faded out again.”

One of the biggest players in adrenal fatigue recovery is stress reduction.Maybe that particular experience was just less stressful over-all, which allowed for a little recovery.

Having a negative reaction to the air could also just be your immune system being tired, and adrenal fatigue would play into that as well. Adrenals are responsible for your hormones as well.

Adrenals are the boss of you, which is why I am taking them seriously for the first time in my life.

InsentientIllness

Adrenal fatigue makes sense. I’m not stressed though or anything, I pretty much sit at home and play WoW or watch shows. Now that it’s warming up I’ll start going out for walks and bike rides again to get exercise in. I read when blood sugar levels drop, the adrenals pump out stuff to help. If the blood sugar levels stay low I think this would cause exhaustion. I also read a low-sugar diet would help but it included fruits, which I’m avoiding. I think perhaps my blood sugar levels are too low, so I need sugar but not while candida is still present. I think the best thing to do is probably nuke me with some antifungals and once the candida is bout all eliminated I should return back to normal.. hopefully. Also I know a guy who had candida and suffered very severe reactions to things in the air, I think he had to move or was put in a clean room.. not sure. He also peed blood when he ate something that fed candida so yea people with candida can be affected very differently. It took him about a whole year to recover though. I don’t want to wait that long.

Also I decided not to fast, started getting hungry and I was like.. nah im a eat something. But I did take raw garlic, coconut oil, and a few goldenseal. I believe my stomach felt nice after that. I’m going to stink a garlic by the end of this week but I’m a continue to take it. Also want to start juicing again but this time keep it green, I think carrots juice made me tired before.

Vegan Catlady

Peeing blood sounds more serious than it is, but over all most people take about a year to clear candida.
    Dont feel discouraged if you end up taking a little more time than you thought…its worth it.

Good luck my friend.
    Recover quickly and let us know what worked for you.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘5 Months on the Diet’ is closed to new replies.