5 months in and going CRAZY!!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 5 months in and going CRAZY!!!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kirstyk4 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Emijo
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I have been on the anti-Candida diet for the past 5 months and am feeling so frustrated!!! I definitely feel a lot of improvement but am wondering when/if this will ever be over?! Below is some information on my “history” as well as what I have been eating and supplements that I have been taking.

I am sure that I have been suffering from a very severe infection for the past few years (at least). It may have begun when I took several strong antibiotics (on different occasions)to treat food poisoning/other infections while traveling abroad, and most recently, two different antibiotics prescribed this year (January) before and after I had oral surgery. I have had nearly every single symptom listed on a symptom checklist, with the most severe symptoms being the depression/brain fog/forgetfulness, recurring yeast infections and ear infections, chronic muscle pain, skin rashes, exhaustion and digestive discomfort (queasiness, pains in gut, constipation and diarrhea). I also have been dealing with a very stubborn case of ringworm on my foot since March. I am a 32 year old graduate student working on finishing my Masters degree, which has caused me severe stress the past few years as well, and the amount of remaining work that I have to do is also making this diet/recovery more difficult because of having almost no free time or energy. The weight-loss aspect of this diet is a problem for me, as I am already small and did not need to lose weight at all. Before I started this diet I weighed about 115 pounds, now I am struggling to get to 100. Additionally, my live-in boyfriend is vegan and we cook together, which makes meal-planning even more difficult. I don’t like to cook meat in the house, but he said it’s ok as long as I am on the candida diet.

I followed the steps on this website, with the exception of adding some brown rice to the veggie cleanse because I didn’t want to lose weight and fell constantly hungry by eating only vegetables. I also completed an herbal/fiber cleanse during this period, as well as a colon cleanse. I can look up the exact brands if someone would like more information on that. Since then I have been following phase two instructions pretty strictly and have used a variety of anti-fungals. Since starting phase two I have had 4 colonic irrigation therapy sessions, which seemed to help although I felt extremely toxic and sick during elimination of junk from my colon. For meals I usually have brown rice breakfast cereal (now with blueberries, granny smith apples or raspberries since reintroducing these fruits) or eggs with veggies. For lunches and dinners I usually eat some type of stir fry or curry with brown rice. I sometimes make fiber and protein shakes with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and like to snack on various nuts (raw almonds and pecans mostly) and raw almond butter. I do eat a bit of tofu, but try to have meat a couple times a week (organic and without hormones or antibiotics). I have competely elimated all dairy because I was told that even yogurt has milk sugars in it.

Supplements: For probiotics, I started with 3-lac but for the past couple months have been on a much stronger one that contains 50 billion bacteria per capsule. I currently am taking about 4 of these a day and I make sure to wait 4 hours between these and antifungals. For antifungals, I started with Candex, which caused very severe die-off reactions. I then moved on to the Candida quick-cleanse, and then I started taking Aquaflora High Potency 9 for Candida. After going through 3 bottles of that, I am rotating through making my own capsules of oregano oil, grapefruit seed extract and clove oil. Also tried black walnut hull capsules for awhile. I also take: a multivitamin, vitamin c, garlic, alaskan salmon oil, turmeric, and sometimes a echinacea/goldenseal mix.

May have finally burned off (literally) the ringworm with a garlic, onion and cayenne poultice. It caused very severe blistering and now I am just waiting for it to heal so I can see if the fungus is gone. I do feel much, much better but not competely yet. I am using my most obvious symptoms of the vaginal and ear infections and foot rash to indicate whether I am better or not. Unfortunately I still have all three, but not as bad as before. I also have so much chronic muscle pain that is hard to deal with, but that could be school/computer work related.

Sorry for the very lengthy post, but I am desperate for any help on this! I realize that I may not be following the diet perfectly and may be taking in too many grains but I don’t know what to do to feel full and not lose weight! Other than that, I think that I have been good except the other day I made brownies and treats to share with others for the holidays and I snuck some on three different occasions!!! I also had some homemade pasta made with wheat. I was so good until the other day, and today I think that I am feeling kind of sick because of it (an increase in symptoms and die-off sensations as well).

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Emijo,

I would check out the following two posts:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

and

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

As you can see, nuts and rice are not on our allowed foods list. Nuts contain molds and rice contains starch and small amounts of sugar. Same with almond milk (molds), apples (sugar), and tofu (nothing good). Tofu is pretty inflammatory. I ate sunflower seeds on the first 3 months of my diet and it only set me back. Same with all caffeinated beverages.

I’d say the main part of the problem is that you took a poor probiotic (threelac) which is like less than 5 billion per capsule and only 3 strains. Probiotics are the single most important thing you need for recovery; this is why we allow kefir or greek yogurt because they contain natural probiotics.

The second most important thing you need is plenty of rest. If you are getting like 6 hours sleep every night, your body is not going to heal properly. If you get between 8-9 hours of sleep every night, then you will recover much much faster.

If you are a smoker, drug user, or caffeinated beverage drinker; these will all set back your recovery as well.

My other suggestion is to rotate your diet as much as possible. Eat quinoa, black/red rice, buckwheat, oat bran a few times per week but not every day. If you do this the candida cannot adapt to your diet very well at all.

Same with meats; rotate lamb, chicken, turkey, buffalo, etc if possible so that the candida cannot adapt.

If you want to gain weight; I suggest eating 3-4 course meals (rotating the foods). Add in oat bran, buckwheat, coconut bread, kefir, salads to every meal (rotating) if possible.

A great long term anti-fungal I recommend is one called SF722 undecenoic acid by thorne research. This is an anti-fungal that candida cannot adapt to easily (it can adapt to almost any other one you have mentioned).

We also do not suggest the use of a multivitamin because you aren’t getting the proper ratio of vitamins you need to heal properly.

It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida, so don’t feel let down on your progress! Its a struggle, but some day you can eat some foods and it won’t effect you.

Getting a human derived probiotic may be a good upgrade for you as well. Able recommends the megaflora one while I like HMF neuro.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Emijo, welcome to the forum.

First, you’ve been following the wrong protocol if you’re following the one on the website instead of the forum.

Your case is a perfect example of why I do not advocate brown rice until the second phase of the diet, which is usually six months or longer into the original diet. Regardless of what anyone believes or wants to believe, it will feed the Candida.

The Aqua Flora is a homeopathic Candida treatment, which I hold no stock in, at least not as far as a Candida albicans infestation is concerned because I believe that it only prolongs the infestation or makes it worse. It just doesn’t make sense to me since the idea of homeopathic medicine is to introduce the very pathogen which is making you sick into your system (Candida albicans in this case) in the hopes that more will cure you. But then, the people using this type of medicine are also using an antifungal in hopes of destroying the very ‘medicine’ they’re putting into their body.

The colonic irrigation therapy sessions are a big part of your problem. This is the same principle as taking a homeopathic medicine then destroying it with antifungals.
    You’re taking probiotics and then having colonics which destroy and wash them from your intestines. To be honest, you may as well purchase a bottle of probiotics and pour it down your toilet.

Quote: I also have so much chronic muscle pain that is hard to deal with, but that could be school/computer work related.

Reply: You said you’re 32 years old; I’m 34 and work 9 to 10 hours a day six days a week, then I work on my computer until after midnight every night and go to a gym twice a week for work outs. I have no work or computer related pain whatsoever, neither should you at your age unless you have a disease causing it other than Candida. But if you suffer from ongoing Candida and die-off, then the pain is a symptom of a bad Candida infestation in which the Candida are typically dying and replenishing their colonies constantly; the pain you described is a textbook description of this taking place.

All the nuts you’re eating are allowing mold to enter your body and jeopardizing the treatment, and they also cause mucus production which also does not benefit the treatment. What do you use to make the protein shakes other than the almond milk?
    For starters, don’t go by the instructions on the official website; instead, follow the protocol on the forum which the members are using. You can start to get it right by reading any/all of the posts below.

The Protocol:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Allowed Foods:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

The brown rice breakfast cereal, blueberries, regular brown rice, and raspberries are all feeding the Candida, so plan on it hanging around until you stop giving them food and get the supplements right.

Able

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

For weeks I had been experiencing a lot of tight and sore muscles in my back, daily. It felt like I had run a marathon or something… Able suggested I try Molybdenum. It’s suppose to help with the die off symptoms. When I take the Molybdenum, my back pain is MUCH less. In fact, yesterday I forgot to take a dose while I was at work, and my back started hurting pretty bad. The Molybdenum has also helped me with how cold I felt. This winter was really taking a toll on me because it seemed like I could NEVER get warm. My hands and feet were always freezing! The Molybdenum also helped with this significantly as well. I would give it a try. It has been very helpful for me! 🙂

Best of luck!

Kirsty

Emijo
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thanks so much to all for your quick and thorough replies! It is very helpful and I will respond very soon. But for now I just have a quick question. Have any of you heard of Miracle Noodles, and do you think that they are okay on the Candida diet? Thinking of ordering some…

Here is a link to their website: http://www.miraclenoodle.com/default.aspx

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have never heard of these noodles but at first glance it seems OK. Makes me want to try them myself. Of course, consider it a test food item!

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Wow, calorie FREE! Let us know what you think of them. I saw them at my health food store but haven’t tried them yet.

Kirsty

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘5 months in and going CRAZY!!!’ is closed to new replies.