5 days and I am worse

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 5 days and I am worse

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

JackieArmstrong
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

I have had oral candida for over two months now. Tried all the meds the doctor gave me. None worked. So I decided to do the more difficult detox in Stage 1 on this site. I completed my 5th day and I have even more symptoms. I have large blisters on the back of my tongue and now(since doing the detox) I also have little ones all over the roof of my mouth and back of my throat(they are so painful). Should I stop the 7 day detox and jump ahead to Stage 2 where I can start probiotics and antifungal?

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Jackie
    I too had awful oral thrush. What I found to be a big relief was the oil pulling. I took organic coconut oil and did oil pulling 3-5 times a day at first and then down to 3 times a day and now I do it first thing in the morning. It was a big help. I did it with the antifungals the doctor perscribed. Oil pulling then antifungal from doctor. I stuck to stage one of the diet. Green veggies, some fish and protien. I wanted a quick fix. I didn’t get one. It takes much time to heal. I also drank lots of lemon water warm and cold as well as I think I swished organic apple cider vinegar around in my mouth as I read somewhere that would help. I even gargled with hydrogen peroxide and water 2 parts water to 1 part hydrogen peroxide. I wanted something to heal and make it go away. Listen to Able and Raster. They know what works. I believe I still have it but doc’s say I’m clear. I have a reaction in my mouth when I eat anything very small that is not on stage one. Go slow and listen to what they say. Once I got the go ahead for keifer and greek yogurt my mouth really seemed to heal faster…IDK if it was because of the diet and oil pulling and so it was a mental thing….but I could truly feel my mouth heal with the kefir. I would swish it in my mouth and swallow, swish some more..mouth felt such relief. However, I think this was about 4 to 5 weeks into the diet and oil pulling. I feel for you. Make sure your not touching sugar. Keep your mouth clean, I would also gargle with warm salt water, wipe my teeth down with gauze because when I use the antifungal I would have this yellow fuzzy, bubbly film around my gums. I couldn’t stand how I could still see this stuff in my mouth. I worked so hard on keeping mouth clean but really it was feeding my body correctly to get rid of the Candida or at least keep it at bay.

I can only say…I know what your going through and I’m sorry. I hope some of this helps you or gives you some peace of mind that relief is on its way but it does take time to heal….I too wanted a quick fix soooo badly. I had it show up Nov 15th and here it is almost January 15th…and I’m still strictly on the diet with only a few trys at food found in stage 2…because I don’t want set backs 🙂

Blessings,

Jackie

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Jackie and welcome to the forum.

You should read the information on the following post and follow the directions for a safer, less invasive detox.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

The reactions you’re having are reactions to the detox and not to the Candida infestation directly. You should look for a product by the name of molybdenum which will lessen these effects to your body by protecting you for the toxins being caused by die-off of the Candida. These toxins can be dangerous to the liver and kidneys; this is why molybdenum is so important and why you should be reading the posts on the forum.

Ask questions before you make a decision about your treatment or diet or when you read any instructions on the forum or the website and are unsure of whether or not to practice what you’ve read.

Able

Jackie2
    Participant

Able, hope I didn’t write any misleading information. I should probably not advise as I need advice for every morsal that enters my mouth.

Sorry if I said something wrong…don’t ever want someone to hurt themselves..

Jackie

Able900
    Spectator

Jackie2 wrote: Able, hope I didn’t write any misleading information. I should probably not advise as I need advice for every morsal that enters my mouth.
    Sorry if I said something wrong…don’t ever want someone to hurt themselves.

Whoa, Jackie … I was writing that last post to Jackie Armstrong. Hope you didn’t think I was insinuating anything about your post, because I wasn’t. To tell the truth, I didn’t even see what you had written as I was in a bit of a hurry to make a telephone call around that time, but I just read it, and I see nothing wrong with your advice. Guess two of the same names can be confusing; I’ll refer to “the other Jackie” as Jackie A. from now on. Think that’ll work for us?

Able

Jackie2
    Participant

Able,
    I didn’t think you were talking to me…I just hesitate to give anyone advice. My rank on her should be NEWBE until I have done the diet for one year. I just would feel awful if I misdirected anyone. I value what you and raster do here beyond what you can imagine and don’t want to step on anyones toes.

Jackie2 🙂

Able900
    Spectator

Jackie2 wrote: I value what you and raster do here beyond what you can imagine and don’t want to step on anyones toes.

lol Jackie, I don’t know about the other guys, but don’t worry my toes; I wear steel-toed boots when I’m on the forum as a safety precaution.
    Your advice is as valuable as anyone else simply because you’ve fault and won the battles with the enemy and continue to refuse a retreat; that alone makes you a great benefit to the forum, so don’t forget that. And stop worrying about toes, they should either keep them crunched up or buy boots like I wear in here.

Able

JackieArmstrong

I will take your advice and try the Stage 1, easier version. I am presently in France for 6 more weeks. I find it difficult to get all the things I need to help me. I can’t find coconut oil(yet I can get coconuts). Can I do oil pulling with oil of oregano? It is painful with the oregano oil, but at this point I would light my mouth on fire if I thought it would help 😉 Thank you for your help thus far. I have a feeling this will not be my last desperate post ;-D

Thanks.
    Jackie

Able900
    Spectator

Please don’t use oregano oil for the oil pulling therapy; it’s much, much too strong for that. The best oil other than coconut oil is sesame seed oil. Hopefully this is available in France.

Let us know anytime you have question or just need to vent, we’re here for that as well.

Able

JackieArmstrong

Thank you, Able. I have ordered coconut oil. I hope it helps.
    The more I read, the more confused I get. I have grapefruit seed oil, oil of oregano, probiotics etc… I tend to jump when things don’t work. I need to stay the course. I will try the detox and see how that goes. Can I use the coconut oil pull in the mean time? I ask because I am hoping it will relieve some pain. Oh, I wish ice cream was an option. It would feel so good 😉
    Thanks.
    Jackie

JackieArmstrong

Okay, my Mother just informed me that when I was 17 yrs old, I had a bad reaction to Metamucil. It, of course, has psyllium husk in it. That could be the issue. Can I do the detox drink with just the clay? Sorry for all the questions!!

Able900
    Spectator

Quote: I have grapefruit seed oil, oil of oregano, probiotics etc.

Reply: These are all fine, but don’t focus on these just yet; concentrate on the detox and what you need to do to get through it successfully.

Quote: Can I use the coconut oil pull in the mean time?

Reply: Yes, definitely.

Quote: Can I do the detox drink with just the clay?

Reply: Did you not read the information on the link I posted about a better and safer detox?

http://www.thecandidadie…r-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

You can use the clay as well, but I am advising you to use the detox protocol above.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You can do oil pulling with almost any oil; I just would avoid vegetable oil and canola oil. Also strong antifungals such as oregano oil are not recommended (and its very expensive).

I would stop the psyllium husks and clay and do a different cleanse. I would get some kefir ASAP to help heal the mouth.

-raster

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘5 days and I am worse’ is closed to new replies.